Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

Thanks for the info Dug. Could you hear the pool band/music inside your room and how late is the pool area open?

If you are looking at 12502 (one of the DOS) it is very quiet up there and even from above. There had been reports long time ago about fogged windows but nothing that I can recall the last couple years of anyone with reports one way or the other.

Great review Doug! We loved our cruise on the Dawn last April. We've had a cruise planned on RCL Liberty out of Galveston for a year and a half for April; however, after reading your review and seeing all of the upgrades to the ship after it's dry dock, I've cancelled our Liberty cruise and booked the Dawn again....not to mention I really prefer the Dawn's itinerary too.

Thanks for the great review, I felt like I was right there with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got an Upsell offer via Email they want 400 PP for this room is it worth it ?? Need some opinion's please.

We originally booked a midship balcony for around 1100pp, and then through upsell got this room for 300pp the Friday prior to sailing.

The balcony is fantastic, offering both a side view and a forward-facing view. It's a very quiet room location, and we never heard ANY noise from neighbors (with small kids) or public areas. The bathroom is great.

Any specific questions I can answer? I assume you saw the room tour video?

Edit: sorry, just saw your subject. I thought you were asking about this specific room. Have you looked for availability for other suite categories? I was only considering suites with the larger bathrooms, but that's just me. Are the rooms in your offer the standard size? I know most people love the aft-facing rooms.

Edited by TheDougOut

Ask what is below!! The ones on 8 aft are right above the night club! We just did an up sell to get out of the aft balcony. A lot of loud thumping bass until 2-3 in the morning!

They were looking at 8672 but that sounds like it might be above the Club ??

No people-noise whatsoever, even when out on the balcony. We could hear the pool band in the distance, which was nice.

I don't have specific info about fogging in that front owners suite. This was as much as I could see of it (above the bridge)...

80a863a53b5e0943649630583c5ca5c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the opposite side of the ship and have almost the same picture, except it looked like the officer was looking at me with the binoculars taking his picture, LOL!! Well, maybe he was!! :)

Are all the balcony alcove seating reserved for suite guests or are there sections where anyone sit up there?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe the right/starboard side is all open seating. Our concierge only greeted and seated guests on the left side.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking forward to sitting up there but not in a suite. Good to know the starboard side is most likely available.

Excellent live "review". Painted a wonderful picture of what life is like on the Dawn throughout the day.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe the right/starboard side is all open seating. Our concierge only greeted and seated guests on the left side./QUOTE]

That's the way it was when we were in the Dawn last April also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Was there any noise from the pool or other areas in your suite 12520? Considering an upsell to an Owners Suite 12502. Any problems with foggy windows. Any info would be helpful. Currently have an aft suite on deck 10. On the fence with this deal.

We were in 12502 Dec 11th 2016 sailing. Windows were not foggy or dirty. We loved the view of looking out over the bow of the ship, especially coming in to ports.

Just called upsell and nabbed an SD Family Suite with Large Balcony - room 12520. Not a bad way to start!

Thanks much for another AWESOME review :)

Quick question regarding your suite:

I've read these suites are located beneath the Bimini Bar & Grill and as a result, late night noise may be an issue.

Did you find noise an issue during your cruise?

Thanks much and have a great week!

I've read these suites are located beneath the Bimini Bar & Grill and as a result, late night noise may be an issue.

You can glance through the dailies I posted, but I don't think The Bimini bar was open later than 6 or 7pm. I also believe it's two decks above us, centered, with just a quiet walkway immediately overhead our balcony.

The ONLY noise we heard all week was the pool band playing in the distance while seated on our balcony. Inside the stateroom it was absolute silence - day and night. Granted, we were the furthest forward balcony.

Thanks for reading!

*NFL** NFC & AFC Championship Games where is the best place to watch on Dawn ? Any and all suggestions please

I'd expect them to be on the TVs at Topsiders and O'Sheehan's, either of which would offer great viewing from the bar.

I wouldn't be surprised if the games make it up on the atrium screen as well.

Thanks much for the quick response...

Glad to hear the suite is quiet (great news indeed) :D

Thanks again and have a great day!

You can glance through the dailies I posted, but I don't think The Bimini bar was open later than 6 or 7pm. I also believe it's two decks above us, centered, with just a quiet walkway immediately overhead our balcony.

The ONLY noise we heard all week was the pool band playing in the distance while seated on our balcony. Inside the stateroom it was absolute silence - day and night. Granted, we were the furthest forward balcony.

Thanks for reading!

Doug-

I will be a first time cruiser on the Dawn 2/5. Your review has made me more excited for my trip. I found this last night around 11 p.m. while I was at work, and I have just finished this (excluding the video- using the work computer does not have sound). I found this when I was searching for info about the Spa Pass- which you have help me to make up my mind to buy the pass.

This website/board has help me feel better to travel on a cruise for the first time.

Sandy

Day 6... when Henry realizes who he's dealing with and stops bringing real food...

2f3ce7136852e6d1583caa63149e449d.jpg

hi, i have a question, we r on the dawn this feb in a suite as well,, did you get chocolate covered strawberry everyday as part of your snacks from the butler? thanks

Was there any noise from the pool or other areas in your suite 12520? Considering an upsell to an Owners Suite 12502. Any problems with foggy windows. Any info would be helpful. Currently have an aft suite on deck 10. On the fence with this deal.

we had the chance to look over that room when we were there last august..i didn't see any fogging, we were at 12000 next door and it was awesome, no fogging at all,, if you are more than a couple, and 12000/12500 is available, i suggest go for that,,, has an extra room and bathroom, while 12502 is one big living room that has a sofa bed and a nice size bedroom... either way i think would be awesome,, my kids had a blast with the doorbell,,,,

What a great and fun review. I was directed over here from another cruiser reading my review and they were telling me about some neat pictures you have (the tiny world ones). How cool. I think I'll have to figure this out (without buying the camera :p) and incorporate them into my reviews. Super neat!

Anyhow, loved your review and all the rest Sue was able to get. :D Her faces were cracking me up and she's just adorable! It looks like you had perfect weather and went to some amazing places.

I give you mad props for being able to do this extensive of a review while ON the cruise. Whew! I always feel like half of my cruise is taken up with the task of taking thousands of pictures that I have to sort once I get home and get ready for the review. To do it while you are actually cruising, I just can't imagine how time consuming that would be. Mad props!

Happy Cruising (and sleeping to Sue) in the future. :)