Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

Happy Cruising (and sleeping to Sue) in the future. :)

Hey Mitsugirly - thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed your recent Epic photos (great, as always). The Epic remains near the top of our "to-do" list. Not sure why, but it's always intrigued us. Maybe simply because it's a unique creature.

Happy cruising to you and yours!

hi, i have a question, we r on the dawn this feb in a suite as well,, did you get chocolate covered strawberry everyday as part of your snacks from the butler? thanks

I think we got them 3 different days. This was our first time cruising in a suite, and I don't know if they can be requested each day. In the past we'd receive them for attending the Meet & Greet, so maybe that occurred this time as well.

Maybe one of the suite regulars can provide some insight?

Enjoy your cruise! The Dawn is a beautiful ship, and the suite life is great.

[quote=JBTCAT;52057603{I found this when I was searching for info about the Spa Pass- which you have help me to make up my mind to buy the pass.

Hey Sandy - I gotta say, the spa passes have been a highlight on both our Dawn cruises. Maybe we've just been lucky, but it's crazy how underutilized the thermal spa has been during our trips. We felt it was our own private retreat.

I think you made a wise decision. Enjoy!

And this is why I only do "live" - as it takes me forever to get things done once I step off a ship. I just now wrapped a Harvest Caye video, nearly 2 months after we visited. Some video, some rehash of the "live" photos.

dCuYBD6-J6c

We'll see how long it takes me to do Maya Chan. :rolleyes:

And this is why I only do "live" - as it takes me forever to get things done once I step off a ship. I just now wrapped a Harvest Caye video, nearly 2 months after we visited. Some video, some rehash of the "live" photos.

dCuYBD6-J6c

We'll see how long it takes me to do Maya Chan. :rolleyes:

Great video Doug thanks for the ability to reminisce about the trip!

I'm curious - are you using the wifi package onboard or your cellular roaming data? You posted a lot and I'm thinking the wifi cost for you must be astronomical. I need to be able to communicate with home so I'm looking at packages now. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious - are you using the wifi package onboard or your cellular roaming data? You posted a lot and I'm thinking the wifi cost for you must be astronomical. I need to be able to communicate with home so I'm looking at packages now. Thanks!

Doug uses the ship's wifi. There are unlimited packages that keep the costs down from "astronomical" to the slightly less shocking level of "just horrendous"...

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

$209 for a 7 day voyage. Or about 10 to 15 times more expensive than your typical home internet connection! :eek:

Edited by triptolemus

Yeah, I had the unlimited ship wifi. Anytime I was able to grab land cellular I'd switch over, as I grew impatient with the ship's weak bandwidth. This only occurred on port days for the Western Caribbean itinerary.

With Verizon Travelpass you pay a small charge any day you access cellular in foreign countries, but then you can use your existing data plan. I screwed up somewhere along the way and accessed cellular over the ship's connection.

4132c28fc4b70b851b7abc0dc0f11ce0.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

I found this when I was searching for info about the Spa Pass- which you have help me to make up my mind to buy the pass.

Sandy

We cruised 1/8-1/15 and I bought the spa pass online a couple of months before sailing. Unlike Doug's experience, there were always people in the spa when I visited. I went at least once every day, sometimes twice, and at various times of the day. There were several times where there were no unoccupied thermal loungers and both hot tubs were full. That said, I would definitely do the spa pass again.

Unlike Doug's experience, there were always people in the spa when I visited.

We must have been lucky with our two Dawn cruises. I don't think we ever saw both hot tubs occupied simultaneously, let alone full. I think the most people we ever saw in the Spa at once was 5 or 6 - and that was the exception.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Great posts! Can people in first family suite next to 15020 easily see onto your balcony? Is it private enough?

Are you asking next to 12520? The forward-facing portion of our balcony was steel, compared to the side-facing which was the typical glass. The guests in 12518 could definitely see us when we were standing at the railing, but not so much when we were seated on the chairs or loungers.

Edit: yes, it was private enough. I loved the side/forward view the location gave us.

Edited by TheDougOut

So looking forward. We just booked Maya Chan today for our cruise this April.

We went in 2011 and it was the highlight of the cruise. Our group of 19 loved it! Check out the massages if they still have them. Enjoy chips and guac delivered to you in your floating chair in the water.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Hi Doug..loved your review like always! Can you remember what times breakfast and lunch were served in Cagneys for suite guests? Did you and Sue ever have breakfast brought to your room..and how was that experience?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey Freestyle! Are u giving any consideration to the Bliss TA?

Hi! Already booked Celebrity Reflection for June 2018 and the Dawn for October 2018 but I am keeping an eye out for a three day like Hamburg (Germany) - Southampton (UK) if they offer it!

We enjoyed a transatlantic on Epic a few years ago, can only be jealous doing that relaxing pace on a new ship!

Hi Doug..loved your review like always! Can you remember what times breakfast and lunch were served in Cagneys for suite guests? Did you and Sue ever have breakfast brought to your room..and how was that experience?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Breakfast and lunch was served in Moderno. Breakfast began at 7am, lunch at Noon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Breakfast and lunch was served in Moderno. Breakfast began at 7am, lunch at Noon.

Thanks for posting the hours - we weren't sure about them. For lunch, we were seated twice in Cagney's, although it appeared they may have been utilizing both restaurants.