Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

Well, I'm on the Dawn a week from today!:D

And I have followed your review, always sitting on the edge of my.......mouse?? :p

But this is fantastic and like others have said, you made me even more excited for my upcoming cruise.

A HUGE thank you Doug! Have a safe trip home. ;)

Thanks for the review! Love the Dawn, missed sailing this yr as our baby girl was just a month old in October (our preferred month to cruise). But *next* October she'll be just over a year and we are already considering the Dawn again for that time! Your review may have put us over the edge :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Amazing review!! While reading this everyday, I had to go back and read your escape review. Excellent!! We board the Dawn in February and this really got me excited to go.

Booked Maya chan!!! LIttle French key in roatan and a food tour in Cozumel. Without your review we were just going to walk the beach in Costa Maya.

Thank you Doug and Sue what a impressive live review we were with you all the way. Where on the Dawn in April cant wait, your review is by far the best day to day i ever seen and was so much help. We are also in a suite so that helped and again Thank you Great Great REVIEW

We also wanted to thank you for helping us with excursions, didnt know what to do in Costa Maya, Mexico but we do now thanks to you boy did we jump when we saw Maya Chan we booked that while you were still there. Thank you again from Randy and Tami

Heeeeeyyyyy!!! Full-on discovery mode.

That stairway-to-nowhere that I mentioned in post 4716... goes to a hidden door beneath the stairs.

2ece72b88247692a7c89c023a8e8d41e.jpg

I can't imagine what's in there. Maybe Lazlo won the cruise sweepstakes. (I'll be embarrassed for anyone that get's that)

The good news... I'm not dying. I just figured out that the lights dimming is from the lighted elevator bases.

5c4b6ce9a6e7a88bebed9626b3e8332f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It takes laser accuracy and a real genius to figure that one out. Gotta go get some popcorn now. [emoji1]

I thoroughly enjoyed your "review". I felt like I was on a bar crawl but unfortunately without the benefits. Looking forward to reading about the next time you cruise!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Awesome live review! I loved reading your Escape one, it got me really pumped for my trip.

I am in a sort of lull right now where I now know I passed the bar, have applications in all over the place, 4 interviews completed, and recently stopped working at my unpaid internship. A big girl job is right around the corner and I think I need a vacation before I really grow up.

The 5 day Dawn cruise that is leaving in a week is crazy cheap for solo's. I decided to do a courtesy hold on it and will likely pull the trigger tomorrow afternoon! I went on here to do some research and I feel like finding your live blog just sealed deal for me!

Thank you for great live blog! I've only been on one NCL cruise (Breakaway to Bermuda) and have one in Feb on the Breakaway doing the Bahamas route. My family wants to take the Dawn out of Boston next summer (I live 5 mins from the port) so it was great to see all the ship venues and get some sort of mental picture for the comparisons to the Breakaway.

I mean absolutely no offense here, but you and Sue remind me of Chip and Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper -- so funny and welcoming. Thanks for taking us on your journey.

Doug, the reason why I love your reviews is how "live" they are, your style, and the photos. You are in my top 10, no actually top 5 reviewers here on CC. My top 5 is a solid group and once you are there it is hard to fall from grace.

I understand my wonderful ;) DW is getting me the DJI Osmo Mobile for Christmas so my review photos and scopes should be improving greatly in the future. I just might need to get a 360 camera as well. The small world pics are amazing. I will have some time between Christmas and March to hone my skills and you will make me raise the bar.

As Yorkvillain said, this week has had the Doug Factor. You, along with Sue, have taken a good part of my day and put it to better use. :D I look forward to your next cruise and tagging along again.

Thank-you.

Andrew

Edit: I hope you made it home safe and sound.

Edited by A&L_Ont