Power outlets on Solstice

Kate1912

US and European. So yes, will need adaptors. We are also on next month. :p

Keep in mind that there is only one outlet and that's in the main cabin over desk so if you have a cube thing for few appliances, that's handy as well, if you have phones, hair dryers/straighteners, cameras etc. as there isn't one in the bathroom (only a shaver outlet) so hair etc has to be done in cabin at desk as well. If all that makes sense. :D

Fiona

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2349182&highlight=power+outlet

Item #3

We call them power strips. Celebrity has said no to bring them onboard.

I have brought a Belkin SurgePlus 3-Outlet Mini Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports and never had a problem.

Edited by bigbenboys
more info

We take the cubes. Which has 4 x power outlets and 2 x USB ports. They seems to be fine, where as the power boards are a bit iffy, as in some get confiscated, some don't. If you don't take, then you could always ask your steward, I think he would get for you, same with adaptors/converters, on one of our cruises, I left at home and they sold in the shop onboard plus the steward had as well, so don't stress too much.

we have always taken a 'power strip ' with 6 UK 13A sockets but NO surge protection onboard without any issues. The strip is protected by a 13 A fuse.

I fail to see what safety hazard these devices can pose

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like anything. There are different levels of quality. How can Celebrity staff know every brand and quality of each. They can start fires or melt.

The shaver outlets are are a safety measure since that they are located very close to the sink. They have a built-in circuit breaker that will allow only small amounts of current to flow so enough to run an electric razor but not high wattage appliances such as hair dryers, curling irons, and the like. Some people report that they won't even work for a plug=in nightlight, although others have said that they will.