My luggage tags have the wrong Crown and Anchor Level

Let me start off by saying that I am just posting this out of curiosity. This is NOT a huge problem!

I finally checked in online and when I clicked Print Luggage Tags, the tag that came up shows I am a Gold Member. The tag is also Gold. All the other info appears to be correct, although I can't vouch for the letter on the ship, that helps the porters sort the luggage.

Does your C&A standing matter on the luggage? This is not a matter of me needing to broadcast the level I am, but am I missing a perk I am entitled to if it doesn't say Diamond?

As I said, I am just posting out of curiosity, because even if it turns out that changing my tags will change how the luggage is sorted, I may not have enough time to do anything about it. I figure if this happened to me, then Royal's computer may have done this to someone else, and this site is all about sharing info and experiences.

The C&A level on luggage tags does not matter.

However, I would check the level on your SetSail pass and cruise docs. That could reflect an error in RC's database. If those levels are not correct, I'd call C&A and get it fixed.

I had the same thing happen to me. I called and they said it was because my roommate is Gold level. The only way to correct it was for them to remove her from the reservation so I could print ones that said Diamond and then put her back on the reservation after 48 hours.

What a bunch of bull and a ridiculous answer. I also realize that it is no problem but the last two cruises with the same roommate the luggage tags have said Diamond on them.

Bob is correct as usual. On our Feb. 2016 B2B on Celebrity there was a human error which I did not catch. When we arrived in our cabin there was only 1 set of perks for Elite+. I had not looked at my sea pass card. The following morning I went to Captain's Club desk to inquire and when I showed them my card I was told it was my 1st cruise and I was not entitled to any perks. DH's card was Elite+ as it should have been.

CC Host went into the computer and found the error and issued new cards for me showing that I indeed was Elite+. I had to have a new card on the 2nd cruise too. Human error when I booked the cruise which I failed to see.

Call and get it straightened out as Bob suggested. Enjoy your cruise.

I had the same thing happen to me. I called and they said it was because my roommate is Gold level. The only way to correct it was for them to remove her from the reservation so I could print ones that said Diamond and then put her back on the reservation after 48 hours.

What a bunch of bull and a ridiculous answer. I also realize that it is no problem but the last two cruises with the same roommate the luggage tags have said Diamond on them.

We had the same problem with the luggage tags in our cruise documents that were just issued this weekend for our Jan.14th Anthem cruise as each of our two cabins have a D+ and an Emerald member in them. The tags for each cabin had the Emerald and not the higher D+ as the passenger status on them.

I called the C&A desk this morning and they will reissue our documents with the correct higher D+ status on the tags.

I had the same issue. Not sure if it was related to the fact that we had gaurantee cabins. At the time they issued our cruise docs we hadn't received a cabin assignemnt yet. I called about it and they said once we received the assignement they would reissue the cruise docs.

Still no reissue though our assignments have come through now.

I had the same issue. Not sure if it was related to the fact that we had gaurantee cabins. At the time they issued our cruise docs we hadn't received a cabin assignemnt yet. I called about it and they said once we received the assignement they would reissue the cruise docs.

Still no reissue though our assignments have come through now.

My understanding is that cruise docs are not automatically re-issued. I'd contact whoever booked your cruise and have them request new cruise docs.

You don't even NEED those luggage tags...porters have plenty. No one pays attention to the tags, as only bags the luggage guys get have tags! You don't need a tag on your carry-ons..so who's going to see them?

As long as the cabin # is right...you're "gold"....lol..pun intended!!!

You don't even NEED those luggage tags...porters have plenty. No one pays attention to the tags, as only bags the luggage guys get have tags! You don't need a tag on your carry-ons..so who's going to see them?

At least the entire message :rolleyes:

FYI, I put one of the luggage tags on my camera case (carry on) just in case I should accidentally leave it somewhere.

I had this happen just last week for our upcoming January cruise. My wife and I are D+ but our Daughter and Son-in-law are sailing with us and staying in the same cabin and they are Emerald. Our luggage tags said Emerald. I know it does not matter but out of curiosity I called C&A. They know about the problem and apparently the system selects the lowest level to print. In order to get correct tags they said they could remove the C&A numbers for the Emerald members (not remorve the person as someone previously posted, just the numbers) request the documents be re-processed and then the tags would be correct. After that I would have to call back and have their numbers re-entered so they will get credit for the cruise, and then C&A would request the documents be re-processed. Since the document processing Is overnight it is a 3 day process but if you really want the tags to be correct it can be done, just call the C&A desk.

So you have first hand experience loading and delivering luggage on a RCI ship. :confused:

I not sure if you are trying to say that RCI staff doesn't pay attention or give priority to bags that show the passenger's status as your post is rather confusing.

For one thing the set sail pass for the four Anthem bookings we've done doesn't show the C&A status on them likely because one must book a check in appointment for embarkation. Also our cruise invoices and documents for our 7 cruises since we've become D+ doesn't show our actual status either.

The only item that shows our status for an Anthem cruise or other ships with the RF onboard system is the luggage tag.

We like to arrive as early as possible for our cruises and having a tag is nice to have when it is announced that boarding has started and the first onboard are those in suites, Pinnacles and Diamond Plus members. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Your luggage tags can be any level you want, just write it on there.

So someone can just write in they're Pinnacles and the ship's staff handling the luggage will believe that instead of what's actually on printed on the tag. :p

Edited by robtulipe

So someone can just write in they're Pinnacles and the ship's staff handling the luggage will believe that instead of what's actually on printed on the tag. :p

They sure can, means nothing to baggage handlers. By the way, the lt's you get at the pier are blank, they write your last name, deck/cabin #

There are no status decks, luggage is delivered according to deck,quadrant, cabin#

I understand that if you have a genie that makes a difference now, but having a genie has nothing to do with status

Edited by setsail

I agree status doesn't matter here with the luggage.

However, my luggage tag also shows GOLD although I am Platinum. And it appears that it is because my kid booked in the same cabin is GOLD.

That is an error too right. Because I thought underaged kids inherited their parents C&A status. Is that no longer valid?

They haven't been on as many cruises as us but I would love to gift them the benefits of our many cruises without them having to pay for it.

I have a funny story about that. Dh and I were in the suite/pinnacle line for check in because we were in a GS. The couple before us went through the line showing their passports and the leather pinnacle luggage tags they had on there bags. When someone would ask for their set sail pass ( which was in there hand) they said that they did not have it but kept showing the pinnacle tags. When they got to the checkin counter they were told they had to go to the gold line because they were not suite or pinnacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I... Because I thought underaged kids inherited their parents C&A status. Is that no longer valid?...

Children under 18 at the same residence address still get their parent's C&A level, but it's not automatic. Call C&A to have your children linked to you.

Children under 18 at the same residence address still get their parent's C&A level, but it's not automatic. Call C&A to have your children linked to you.

Call RCI again...The wait time is horrendous today. But that is expected after a holiday.

I just got off a few minutes ago requesting the reissuance of the cruise documents so they reflect our cabin assignments.

Does C&A have a different number? I looked on the website and couldn't find one.

They sure can, means nothing to baggage handlers. By the way, the lt's you get at the pier are blank, they write your last name, deck/cabin #

There are no status decks, luggage is delivered according to deck,quadrant, cabin#

I understand that if you have a genie that makes a difference now, but having a genie has nothing to do with status

So you have first hand experience with delivering luggage onboard RCI ships also. It's nice that we have such experienced folks here on this cruising forum.

For one of our recent cruises after we had just gotten to our cabin shortly after the 1pm cabin availability time, the cabin steward came in and introduced himself to us. He thanked us for cruising with RCI again as D+ member and asked if there was anything we wanted. We requested the standard robes and ice. He then said that he had seen that our luggage had just been brought up and he would get to our cabin shortly.

I replied that there wasn't a hurry to do this as we were going to walk around the ship as it was our first cruise on that class. When we returned our luggage was in the cabin not in front of its door which is what we find now happens on our cruises. YMMV :D

I know one can get the generic tag from the pier luggage handlers which aren't RCI employees but longshoremen. Friends on a cruise with us had their cabin number written incorrectly on the tags doing this so they didn't get their luggage until the next day. I prefer to print out a tag that I know will have the correct cabin on it. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

call rci again...the wait time is horrendous today. But that is expected after a holiday.

I just got off a few minutes ago requesting the reissuance of the cruise documents so they reflect our cabin assignments.

Does c&a have a different number? I looked on the website and couldn't find one.

C&A phone: 800-526-9723

Edited by clarea

I have a funny story about that. Dh and I were in the suite/pinnacle line for check in because we were in a GS. The couple before us went through the line showing their passports and the leather pinnacle luggage tags they had on there bags. When someone would ask for their set sail pass ( which was in there hand) they said that they did not have it but kept showing the pinnacle tags. When they got to the checkin counter they were told they had to go to the gold line because they were not suite or pinnacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, you can buy them on eBay from time to time

Thanks. I just called and got it straightened out. I learned that upon turning 18 they retain the status but will need to build up their own points to move to the next level.

Looks like I have an excuse to cruise more and get the highest level so they will be set...:D