Noise and lights in Promenade cabins

Aramos

We had one on deck 7 of Voyager, the curtains on the window were very good any blocked out the light when we wanted to sleep. We really didn't notice much noise from the promenade, you could hear the music from the street parties when they happened but in my opinion it wasn't loud enough to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are considering a promenade cabin for our next cruise to the Mediterranean, but we are concerned about the noise and the lights from "the street". Any remarks will be very much appreciated.

the drapes are very thick and do a good job blocking out light. noise is really only a minor concern if there is entertainment, and that does not happen late night.

Your info will help me convince my wife to save some money reserving a promenade cabin instead of a balcony cabin.

I really don't get the obsession with the balconies. I've stayed in them and always assumed the inside rooms would be horrible and small, until I actually stayed in one and realized I liked it better.

I make this same argument all the time and the balcony people disagree with me, but I think balcony rooms are too humid, which makes it harder to feel cleaned up after a shower since you can't completely dry off and your hair stays frizzy because it won't dry completely (only really a problem for women with a nice thick head of hair that takes a while to dry normally, so may or may not bother your wife). The rooms smell musty because of the constant humidity. Also, the wind on the balconies makes standing or sitting out there pretty miserable for me. It's way too cold and your hair is always whipping in your face (again, only a problem if you've got long hair). If I want to enjoy the ocean and fresh air, I'll happily walk up a couple flights of stairs and sit on the deck where the sun can shine on me and keep me warm. Save your money and get a perfectly nice promenade room for $1,000 less money, and take advantage of the pool deck which has a balcony that you can use for free. Take that $1,000 and use it to do fun stuff on the islands instead.

I didn't find the promenade to be too noisy either. In fact, if you use your room to watch the parade for the unobstructed view, you may find you're trading in the ability to hear the music clearly. You can definitely hear it, but it's not the same as if you could open the window and hear it unmuffled.

I was on the farthest AFT deck 7 promenade view room on liberty this March.

First of all LOVED the room and location. Really loved the window seat, perfect people-watching. The curtains effectively blacked out the room as the promenade lights were on 24/7. The glass was THICK and we had no sound issues even during the parades, parties, and such. To be honest, if the prices make sense I would certainly consider it over a balcony cabin. Unless the balcony cabin was just a few bucks more.

I love the freedom class (applies to voyager class, but I won't speak for oasis class) and one of the biggest factors is that promenade!! So why not soak it in! Its nice to have the window which gets rid of the disorienting nature of a typical inside cabin, but its way more interesting and has a much better view than an OV cabin.

FWIW if I sailed Voyager/Freedom/Oasis I would pay any realistic premium to go from a standard inside to a promenade, and if the prices aren't spectacular on balconies, it would be my first choice of cabin!

Most of the time I end up in promenade stateroom because of free upgrades after final payment and I honestly like them. Try to get them on deck 8, the room is dark because of the curtains and I rarely heard any noise from the promenade in a normal night. I'm always in the promenade when they do the 80 party or parade so I can't tell you about the noise during those events.

We loved Promenade room on Allure. Only noticed noise one night when they were having some event but it didn't last long. Otherwise quiet, spacious and really liked the extra seat by the window to people watch when in our stateroom.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Sometimes the curtains don't hang completely closed. It's a good idea to bring a few clothespins or binder clips to hold them shut/in place to keep the light out. They do dim the lights on the Promenade overnight, and in the morning if you're up, you can watch "sunrise" over the Promenade. We have enjoyed these staterooms in the past and have booked one on Freedom for our upcoming November 2017 cruise.

We just got back from the Explorer this morning. We had a promenade cabin on deck six and the noise from the music in the pub - thump thump thump... went on til almost midnight one night. The room was also really small, wardrobe space limited compared to the balcony room we had previously on the Voyager. We also had one half of a 'family room' and could hear the neighbours chatting. The room was dark though, the lights of the promenade weren't an issue. We'll definitely be having a balcony room next time.

Looks like the only bad review. But also looks like the only person the deck directly above the promenade. I would try (on voyager/freedom) to go to deck 7 or 8 and the only noise you get will be through the window (if any at all) rather than the floor!

We have stayed in these a couple of times, always on deck 7 and they are ideal for people watching without the feeling of being stared at from the Promenade and also reduces any noise from the Promenade also. We found them to be quiet except for when there are any street parties, but they don't seem to last long.