[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

Our first and only (so far) RCCL cruise was on the Serenade this past June to the Baltics. Really loved the ship, especially the outdoor patio area of the Windjammer. In researching the Serenade, I found your thread of your earlier cruise on her, which was very helpful and entertaining. I'll be following along this time too; ten days sound amazing!

We are on board the Vision of the Seas!

Parking and check in was quick and easy. We dropped off the checked bags (2) about 10:00 am and I tipped the Porter $6. Then we drove to the auxiliary parking lot (I forget the number) and I got a nice Handicapped space almost next to the one I had last year.

DSCN0239_zpsjyovkarw.jpg

Check in was prompt and easy. We were on the ship by 11:00 am.

I had pre-purchased the VOOM internet and there was a small card attached with clear tape to my Sea Pass card with the Access Code. Sign on with the Access Code when we got into the cabin was easy and here I am.

The ship is infested with little kids running wild. I will have to live with them for the next ten nights. To the best of my knowledge I have no children so I lack a lot of knowledge about kids. I am guessing most of them are 3 - 4 years old.

We met up with our good friends Kathie & Jack in the smoking area (Ugh, Poo) and hung out with them polluting the air until the Windjammer opened at 11:30. I will arrange for a group photo later.

Here are photos of our first lunch in the Windjammer.

Judith

DSCN0241_zps0cdymv6w.jpg

Me

DSCN0240_zpsjqivbp6t.jpg

Also, I got a lot of complements on my hat!

More later. I am going to do some exploring to refresh my memory of what is where.

Will be following you all the way and I'm enjoying my trip already, we are on her next year so will be interested how she fairs with you, also how the Voom works as I've had conflicting reports how it performs?

Anyhow enjoy your cruise h

OK, I'm officially confused!??? Your Live post says you're on the Serenade, your picture shows the Serenade, but your post of 2:12 says Vision of the Seas. Help! :confused::)

Just a simple mistake. They are on Serenade.

You know what I haven't seen in a really long time? A world famous Trainman breakfast sandwich.

Yes!!!

I think you are referring to:

English Muffin

Cream Cheese

Link Sausage (the real stuff, not turkey sausage!)

Grape Jelly

:p:p:p

Sorry about typing "Vision" when I knew darn well that we are on the "Serenade". Sometimes I simply screw up and today was my day. I got lost trying to find the Windjammer and again trying to find our cabin.

But I am feeling much better now!

Sorry about typing "Vision" when I knew darn well that we are on the "Serenade". Sometimes I simply screw up and today was my day. I got lost trying to find the Windjammer and again trying to find our cabin.

But I am feeling much better now!

:D You're on vacation! No worries! Looking forward to picture of how you avoid sitting in the smoking section adirondak chairs. ;)

Edited by 5326jan

Will be following you all the way and I'm enjoying my trip already, we are on her next year so will be interested how she fairs with you, also how the Voom works as I've had conflicting reports how it performs?

Anyhow enjoy your cruise h

The VOOM seems to be doing well but give me a few days to test it thoroughly.

Our life boat station for the traditional "Gala Mustard Drill" was in Chops Grille which is off the Schooner Bar.

There was much confusion and we were directed to several different places before we actually found Station G14.

The PA announcement with the drill was the first announcement that we were able to actually understand.

Just before the Captain released us at the end of the drill he announced that they don't shake hands on the Serenade. They do "Knuckle Bumps" because most germs are carried in the palms of our hands.

We learn something new every day!