YC drinks through out the ship?

electro

I just got my edocs for my Splendida Dec 25th Cruise out of Genoa, in a YC1 suite.

This is what it says under food and drink on the edocs:

DINING AND DRINKS

Free in-stateroom breakfast

24-hrs room service without any delivery charge

Exclusive private restaurant with free choice of dining times

Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in

all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink

selections available in the different venues.

See bolded statement. Does this mean we get free drinks everywhere.

I know they were going to start that in April but this cruise is in 3 weeks.

Anyone have any insight?

Lois

I thought it wasn't supposed to start until summer 2017 but it looks like you're in luck!

I hope so!:D

I will report back when I return but if anyone can confirm this before I go, that would be great!

I was going to call and order the 18 drink vouchers for when we are not in the YC, but I will hold off on that until I am on the ship now.

Lois

Just got our docs for Fantasia 24th Dec cruise today.

We are in the Yacht club also. Under dining and drinks it says

A complimentary selection of alcoholic and soft drinks is included in all MSC Yacht Club venues and suites mini bar.

Not mention of other areas.

Fortunately we got the Allegrissimo drinks package as a perk when we booked so its not an issue.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Forums mobile app

Edited by vino123

Vino,

We are on the same cruise. However we are flying in from Frankfurt. My documents show the following:

"Umfangreiche Auswahl an Markengetränken im MSC Yacht

Club sowie allen Restaurants & Bars an Bord, abhängig vom

jeweils verfügbaren Getränkeangebot."

Looks like we will be able to get drinks throughout the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the Divina in March.

I also heard that the ship policy of drinks anywhere on the ship starts in the summer so I thought it would not apply to us.

Can someone on the Divina in the near future comment on this please.

Thank you for your email

I am aware of the comments being raised on Cruise Critic.

I would like to make you aware that All inclusive drinks in all areas of the ship would only become applicable from Summer 17 onwards for guests booked in Yacht Club. For guests booked on Winter 16/17 sailings, all inclusive drinks will only be covered within Yacht Club areas only including the lounge, mini-bar, and your dedicated restaurant for Yacht Club guests

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards

We have just come off MSC Fantasia on 10th Dec in a YC1 Deluxe suite and we needed a drinks package for the rest of the ship. Not all drinks are included in the Yacht Club bars, some are classed as premium and have to be paid for. We hade the 431 drinks package also.

Edited by karenda

All drinks except for Premium are free in Yacht Club areas, One Poll Bar and Top Sail lounge including the mini bar in your cabin

Makers Mark is our drink of choice. Is it included in YC drinks or considered a premium beverage?

Thanks

Makers Mark is our drink of choice. Is it included in YC drinks or considered a premium beverage?

Thanks

We sailed the Yacht Club last August and they changed what was included. My husband just verified you can get Jonnhy Walker Red Jack Daniels and Crown Royal The rest are considered Premium

We sailed the Yacht Club last August and they changed what was included. My husband just verified you can get Jonnhy Walker Red Jack Daniels and Crown Royal The rest are considered Premium

Thanks! Do you happen to know what the up charge for premium liquor is by the glass? Package?

Edited by marti2282

Thanks! Do you happen to know what the up charge for premium liquor is by the glass? Package?

From past experience, you pay the full cost of the 'premium' drink. MSC does not over charge for drinks and the cost is quite reasonable. I too enjoy the occasional tipple of Makers Mark. On our last cruise we became very friendly with the bar staff in the Top Sail Lounge (and tipped them) as a result when we ordered 'premium' drinks the pours were VERY generous ........ Rusty Nail (Drambuie & Whisky) was HUGE!!

Edited by AVACTION
further information