Celebrity new website!!

davewg59

On the recent Azamara President's Cruise, Azamara CEO Larry Pimentel said that "sometime in 2017", Azamara and Celebrity will launch new websites, but more importantly, a completely new shared data system behind these websites, improving many features we have all complained about for years. He specifically mentioned pre-booking shore excursions with on-board credit, managing personal information and newsletter subscriptions, sailing history data and other items.

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, I've taken a look and they have added a new front end to the previous back end.

The UK site was changed a long time ago (more than a year) and I was very critical of what they had done (although it is considerably better than the US site). My biggest complaint was that you had to select the cruises you wanted to look at by their criteria: start with region, then dates, then ship/duration/departure port. I pointed out that some guest may want, for example, to look only at cruises from a certain port or only short cruises.

It looks like they have addressed this with their new front end.

As for those that questioned whether Celebrity will have tested this. Presumably they have been testing the previous website on the UK market for over a year.

Edited by Project_gal

They have a new website coming! Please let it work this time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wish they were getting a new website for Australia - I have 3 cruises booked (and paid for) and the site now tells me "You currently have no reservations".

Like Hell I don't!

I was asked to participate in a telephone walk through of the new UK site some months back. It took the form of a 30 minute test of the proposed site with its new look and structure. However once you clicked to view a reservation the site was the same so I think it may just be the front end that has changed. I've just checked this new site and the section to view your reservation is the same as before.

Interesting to see the new site advertises a price promise to allow you to rebook at a lower price if the price drops. They offered this before a couple of years ago in the U.K. then dropped that idea. Glad to see it's back as in the UK usually with cruises once you've booked then that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

I wish they were getting a new website for Australia - I have 3 cruises booked (and paid for) and the site now tells me "You currently have no reservations".

Like Hell I don't!

The changes are for the home page and booking front end only. In the UK, we still go through to the US site for MyCelebrity.

Worst areas for us are searching for and pricing cruises

And searching for and booking excursions..often does not bring you where you think the link will go and they push excursion packages and the very expensive experiences....Much easier on Princess.