Why so little talk of GSC?

NoMoreRain

Have an upcoming cruise on the Epic. I'm a regular lurker to the forums and I've noticed there's very little talk of Great Stirrup Cay?

Any recent visitors that can give input? We are really looking forward to snorkeling on our own time frame.

Just returned yesterday from Epic and Great Stirrup Cay. I didn't know what to expect but it ended up being one of my favorite stops. We brought our own snorkel gear and saw a decent amount of colorful fish just off the shore. Not a ton, but enough to make us happy and enjoy the day. We walked as far down the beach as you can go and it was much, much quieter and peaceful down there.

Have a great time!

Just returned yesterday from Epic and Great Stirrup Cay. I didn't know what to expect but it ended up being one of my favorite stops. We brought our own snorkel gear and saw a decent amount of colorful fish just off the shore. Not a ton, but enough to make us happy and enjoy the day. We walked as far down the beach as you can go and it was much, much quieter and peaceful down there.

Have a great time!

That's great! Thanks for the info...we are really looking forward to just kicking back there. We are taking are snorkel masks only, did you happen to notice if they had a place to rent jackets and fins?

That's great! Thanks for the info...we are really looking forward to just kicking back there. We are taking are snorkel masks only, did you happen to notice if they had a place to rent jackets and fins?

I don't think they had a place to rent any gear.. maybe someone else can confirm but the only rentals I saw was for rafts and umbrella/cabana chairs.

I would talk about it but when I was meant to go a man jumped off the ship and we missed the stop :p

(Quite a few years ago!)

I think that the question was addressing GSC since it reopened a few weeks ago after being closed for a few months for renovation.

I think that the question was addressing GSC since it reopened a few weeks ago after being closed for a few months for renovation.

Ooo okay I see! I just commented because I'm curious about it since I never made it there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would talk about it but when I was meant to go a man jumped off the ship and we missed the stop :p

(Quite a few years ago!)

I've been there several times, but we were on that same 2009 Sky cruise where the man jumped. Very very sad. But the Search and Rescue operations with the 4 other cruise ships and the Coast Guard helicopter were very interesting to watch

I've been there several times, but we were on that same 2009 Sky cruise where the man jumped. Very very sad. But the Search and Rescue operations with the 4 other cruise ships and the Coast Guard helicopter were very interesting to watch

Ooo! Hello fellow cruiser. What a coincidence. I've never made it back there.

(This is a bit of a tangent so everybody else please ignore this... but I wrote a post about the man who fell overboard because I find the whole thing pretty interesting, cruise lines seem to lose over 20 people a year! Might be of interest to you as you were on the same cruise, I tried to gather as much information about it as I could.... http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/24/man-overboard/ )

Edited by Eleteace

Have an upcoming cruise on the Epic. I'm a regular lurker to the forums and I've noticed there's very little talk of Great Stirrup Cay?

Any recent visitors that can give input? We are really looking forward to snorkeling on our own time frame.

Whats there to talk about? Bring your snorkel gear and jump in the water.

Was there 1 week ago and thought the place was nice but a bit crowded if you stay close to the first beach. The final product in a few years will look much better as you can tell they have done a makeover.

As for rental equipment yes they do have all the stuff and if I recall the price was 30$.

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Although open, GSC isn't fully renovated. The final product looks stunning but it will take some time.

Expect lots of comments then.

I agree. I was under the impression that it was finished but found out last Sunday when I tendered over that construction was still in full swing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you serious? We have to rent life vests and shade umbrellas?! Geez, that sounds very greedy considering they are for the safety and comfort of their guests.

Big difference between life vestsand snorkel vests aka bc. Snorkelling is an optional activity.

I'm on the BA now and hopefully stopping tomorrow. Previous reports say that the Lagoon is still closed for construction.

I'm hoping to be able to hike over to the undeveloped half of the island and see the lighthouse, but the construction may have that blocked off as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk