Currently on the Caribbean Princess

byanks7

If they had the same meals in the buffet on formal night I doubt if I would go back to the DR at all (especially on the Royal & Regal).
I walked by the Horizon Court last week. They were carving beef Wellington in the buffet on the second formal night. I did not see if they had shrimp cocktail available like I've seen on some cruises. The food in the buffet looked very good. But we like to cruise for the experience. We had great tablemates. Even on one night that they had open seating in all the dining rooms (because of our late departure from Curacao), we still ate with our tablemates--with our same wait team, although we had to use a different table since someone else beat us to ours. Edited by geoherb

I walked by the Horizon Court last week. They were carving beef Wellington in the buffet on the second formal night. I did not see if they had shrimp cocktail available like I've seen on some cruises. The food in the buffet looked very good. But we like to cruise for the experience. We had great tablemates. Even on one night that they had open seating in all the dining rooms (because of our late departure from Curacao), we still ate with our tablemates--with our same wait team, although we had to use a different table since someone else beat us to ours.

They had shrimp at the buffet almost every other night (cooked not cocktail that I saw) although if you wanted a cocktail they might just bring you a plate of cold shrimp.

Your dining room experience was definitely rare. Out of 19 Princess cruises, we have had inadequate dining staff ONCE, fixed dining on a new ship (Regal Princess). We merely went to the buffet (BEST buffet of any of the below ships) and one evening late to another part of the dining room.

Normal Princess dining experience is a staff eager to please.

We have never had a bad MDR experience in 22 years of cruising. Yes, dinner will be a bit slower than you are used to, but the point is to relax and enjoy your evening, not to get through it as quickly as possible! Our biggest challenge with MDR is formal night. My Husband doesn't believe in wearing a jacket and tie on vacation. I have been able to talk him into bring a pair of khakis, and most nights khakis and a collared shirt is acceptable. I think in the future we will consider the specialty dining in lieu of formal night, so as not to make the experience stressful. Our last cruise on CB we were with another couple, and they did want to dress up for formal night, so hubby wore a sport coat on one formal night, and the other formal night fell on our anniversary, and we ate in the Crown Grill that night, collared shirt and khakis were acceptable and appropriate

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never had a bad MDR experience in 22 years of cruising. Yes, dinner will be a bit slower than you are used to, but the point is to relax and enjoy your evening, not to get through it as quickly as possible! Our biggest challenge with MDR is formal night. My Husband doesn't believe in wearing a jacket and tie on vacation. I have been able to talk him into bring a pair of khakis, and most nights khakis and a collared shirt is acceptable. I think in the future we will consider the specialty dining in lieu of formal night, so as not to make the experience stressful. Our last cruise on CB we were with another couple, and they did want to dress up for formal night, so hubby wore a sport coat on one formal night, and the other formal night fell on our anniversary, and we ate in the Crown Grill that night, collared shirt and khakis were acceptable and appropriate

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Making the formal night so stressful really takes the enjoyment out of dining. Why don't you just get a table for two on formal night & let your husband dress as he pleases. He wouldn't feel obligated to dress up for others that way.

Making the formal night so stressful really takes the enjoyment out of dining. Why don't you just get a table for two on formal night & let your husband dress as he pleases. He wouldn't feel obligated to dress up for others that way.

Generally we do traditional dining, and have never wanted to offend our table mates. I think that our plan going forward is to either do the buffet or a specialty restaurant. I like traditional dining (i.e. having the same waitstaff every night) too much to give it up :)

Does anyone know if the new beds are on the Caribbean Princess yet? We are going in January and hoping for the new beds. Can someone on Caribbean ask the room stewards if they are in the suites and mini suites? Thanks sooo very much.

We got home late Saturday night thanks to the snow and ice on the east coast. It wasn’t fun to see the flight keep being delayed and delayed. Thank goodness we did get a flight out. I feel terrible for the people we talked to from New England and Canada that probably weren’t getting out of Florida anytime soon.

With that aside, it was a wonderful 6 nights on the Caribbean Princess. So much to do or not do. We loved the beaches we visited on Roatan and Cozumel, and in Belize decided to just shop and take a long walk into town.

We did have anytime dining, different wait staff every night and as I said earlier, it was hit and miss. But there were many very nice people serving meals, but did have a few disappointments early on. In no way did this ruin our trip, in general, I always keep my expectations low, so when things are exceptional it’s a pleasant surprise.

I hope to write a full review soon, but ill do a quick look back.

My only two previous cruises were on the Disney Dream, so with Disney being my measuring stick, there were some high standards.

Some of things we loved were, Pizzeria quality pizza by the pool, easily finding loungers in the sun, movies and football on the big screen,

The 24 hour International Café just to name a few.

We also enjoyed the many mini venues for entertainment, live bands, piano players, etc.

The offered a nice breakfast buffet, I ordered eggs to my liking made fresh while I waited. We had MDR lunch only once, which was also a pleasant experience. The buffet always had something we liked for lunch, and the poolside food was a nice touch. Again the pizza stood out. The soft serve, however, just didn’t have it. It was more like frozen milk.

Diner was above average with a few standout entrees. The beef medallions on formal night were outstanding. Lobster and the other beef dishes were satisfactory. The shrimp cocktail each night was a good way to start the meal.

I would say the nightly shows in the theater were average

Not that i am an expert, but if you have any questions ill be happy to answer.

One tip i got to help navigate the ship is, follow the paintings to the international cafe and the beautiful lobby. (when you go, youll know what i mean)

We are just off the CB and felt that the ship gets better with age. Excellent experience all around...even the dining room. The maitre'd in both anytime dining rooms were indifferent but the wait staff was terrific for the most part. Stateroom service was outstanding...bet in nearly 30 cruises. Also, the shows in the Princess Theater were spectacular. Again, the ship improves over time. Some cutbacks were no parmesan backet for fettuccini and no pool towels in the staterooms...no problem, didn't miss them at all.

Booked the CP for Feb.........we were on her 2 years ago..Loved it.

Just wondering if they still do the galley tour(and the way they did it was unique)..started in the theater....the head chef and Hotel director put on a skit and it was hilarious.

Just wondering if they still do the galley tour(and the way they did it was unique)..started in the theater....the head chef and Hotel director put on a skit and it was hilarious.
Yes, they did it earlier this month on our cruise on the CB.

Yes, they did it earlier this month on our cruise on the CB.

Excellent.............my husband will love that.....he rarely laughs at shows,but he sure did with this one...

These are the guys we had(sorry,dont recall names) See attachment

Capture3.jpg.88651d3f28562d2f5aaefb957e8b2a32.jpg

Not to be too picky-

CP=Sea Princess

CB= Caribbean Princess

:)

Thanks..........sorta a novice with Princess....CP for Sea Princess?? That sure doesn't make sense......so what is the Coral Princess??(Im on her in March)

Thanks..........sorta a novice with Princess....CP for Sea Princess?? That sure doesn't make sense......so what is the Coral Princess??(Im on her in March)

Here is the list:

* CB - Caribbean Princess

* CO - Coral Princess

* KP - Crown Princess

* DP - Dawn Princess

* DI - Diamond Princess

* EP- Emerald Princess

* NP - Golden Princess

* AP - Grand Princess

* IP - Island Princess

* PA - Pacific Princess

* GP - Regal Princess

* RP - Royal Princess

* RU - Ruby Princess

* SA - Sapphire Princess

* CP - Sea Princess

* TP - Star Princess

* SP - Sun Princess

* TA - Tahitian Princess

(that I shamelessly stole from Stevensan)

Edited by TracieABD