Just off Eclipse 14 day Southern Caribbean

Podie

We were also on the 11/27 Eclipse and had select dining. We dined at different times and asked to be seated in the same section each night and only twice in 14 nights had to wait. We were given pagers and waited in the martini bar...no problem. In fact we had wanted a pre dinner drink a couple of nights and were seated immediately. We were never asked to make reservations and wouldn't have if we were.

Robert

With two Celebrity seven day B2Bs you're spending too many days getting from, to, from & to the home port. Azamara and Oceania tend to do several continuous cruise ports so there's not much back tracking even if you're doing a B2B. Of course Alaska is the exception. Asia has a lot of 14 niters (three dozen) through 2019

The Eclipse out of Miami has seven and the Reflection out of Fort Lauderdale has two 14 day cruises in 2018. Then of course there's New England / Canada or the Baltics. Plus Asia has three dozen 14 niters in 2018-19.

We are god with the true 14 day Eclipse cruise in 2018. The issue is the more limited option in 2019. I believe Oceania will have one that I will check out when it is released. It has to be someplace warm in January.

We do not plan on doing B2B 7 day cruises again. We found it is a totally different experience and we enjoy the true 14 day cruises significantly more.

Thanks so much for sharing! We're on the Eclipse for a similar itinerary leaving in a couple of weeks.

We'll be doing a 14 day trip in Jan.22. We've done this trip twice & just love the enjoyment of being away from the cold & snow. So what if it's the same islands. It still beats shoveling the "same" snow!

We'll be doing a 14 day trip in Jan.22. We've done this trip twice & just love the enjoyment of being away from the cold & snow. So what if it's the same islands. It still beats shoveling the "same" snow!

LOL....we do not even care about the ports (have been to them all ...numerous times over more then 40 years). On one 14 day Eclipse cruise we did not even bother getting off the ship in the first 8 ports (there were 9) because we were just lazy....and the ship was wonderful when few passengers were aboard.

Hank

We have done the 14 night Eclipse cruise in the Caribbean 5 times up to now and are booked for 2017 and 2018. We are disappointed to see it go but as we usually do the 14 night plus a 7 night western , the Silhouette 9 and 12 night gives us the same number of nights and the same days travel to get anywhere.

We have probably preferred the Silhouette recently, despite having done most of our cruising on the Eclipse, as it has the Lawn club and the Porch.

It will be interesting to see what itineraries the Edge ships do but suspect that these will be 7 nighters like Reflection and Silhouette have done recently.

According to the "who's on board" thread Silvia is still the MC concierge but there are at least 3 cruises until we sail on the 19th Feb so that can change.

We are booked on Silever Moon in Feb while on Equinox. Thanks for the positive feedback. Were you able to swim with the Turtles?

The short answer is yes, we could swim with one turtle. I chose not to because there were two other boats there and I didn't want to crowd the turtle, who didn't seem stressed but too many people (not from our boat) were practically riding him.

Select issues are why we stick to Trad. early seating.

I much prefer traditional dining, but it was completely unavailable when I booked the cruise nine months out. I was able to get late seating for our Dec 2017 cruise, thankfully.

Having to use internet for work while on board. Any knowledge on how fast the connection is? How easy to find in ports? I need to connect every couple hours for a few minutes during week days to distribute work to employees so need both on ship/ports when I can.

Having to use internet for work while on board. Any knowledge on how fast the connection is? How easy to find in ports? I need to connect every couple hours for a few minutes during week days to distribute work to employees so need both on ship/ports when I can.

On the ship it will probably be ok. The signal gets better in main areas and poorer on the balconies as they are further from the routers which are in the corridors.

On port follow the crew. They know where you can get free wifi. There is wi if in the terminal in Barbados and in St Lucia around the ship area.

I much prefer traditional dining, but it was completely unavailable when I booked the cruise nine months out. I was able to get late seating for our Dec 2017 cruise, thankfully.

We had that happen on our 2014 trip. The first night was kind of hectic(long waits)We had visited the Maître D & he had a table ready for us the second day in early seating. The Maître D is the one to see once you've gotten on board. They usually can get things straightened out by the next day.

Perhaps the cruise wasn't full. Things will be different during the winter.

We were on the same cruise, it was sold out way before it sailed.

I have to say I did see empty loungers at various times throughout the days and also in the solarium. Truthfully though we never bothered as we lounged on the balcony plus have our own pool at home so no real wish to be packed in like sardines;).

The worse thing was finding somewhere to sit in the buffet if you were not up at the crack of dawn.

Never had a problem with Select dining either despite the horror stories on here as we pre booked before we sailed and were seated almost immediately every night in the same section with same waiters, who we had requested after top notch service the first night.