The Pride's Steak House

SAILONNOW

I have heard that the Carnival Pride's Steak House is the best out of the entire fleet.

Any truth to this?

We have had ok to good experiences, but the Pride is supposed to be exceptional. We are sailing in January and it's our first time on the Pride.

What do you think?

I have heard that the Carnival Pride's Steak House is the best out of the entire fleet.

Any truth to this?

We have had ok to good experiences, but the Pride is supposed to be exceptional. We are sailing in January and it's our first time on the Pride.

What do you think?

We tried it once in the steak house and again on our cruise this past week. Wasn't impressed in the steakhouse and ordered a 14 oz sirloin in the MDR this week. The steak was so tough I couldn't even cut it- both the steak and the broccoli were cold- I won't waste my money again. Our server ask if it were ok and I said "no, it's tough " his reply was "oh" .... Never again!!!:mad:

Sorry, but I had the worst steak ever on Pride. Couldn't tell what cut the filet was, it was tough. Couldn't get waited on, couldn't get anyone's attention to send it back. Salad was great, starter was great. Left. It was a comped dinner so I didn't lose anything but my appetite.

Years ago when they still had music and dancing I took my 2 kids and we had a great dinner there.

Unfortunately, the same bad steak was on the Magic a few months ago. Didn't pay for that one.

I'm not giving up. Next cruise I'll try again. I think my experience was an abberation.

Our experiences in Carnival's Steakhouses (3X on Pride) have all been very good EXCEPT on the Sunshine, which was more of a service issue.

I always order the 18oz spiced rubbed ribeye, and Patti orders the lobster.

Was on the Pride in Sept. and we all loved our meals at the steakhouse. Everything was fresh, temperature appropriate, tender and flavourful.

I've been on NCL and we didn't enjoy it all, this was our first on Carnival and thoroughly enjoyed it. We always swore we'd never pay for a meal when so much was inclusive, but, they were both special occasions and in the grand scheme wasn't overly expensive (NCL prior to al a carte).

I did not enjoy the Steakhouse on the Pride. I was seated on a broken chair and the waitress told me it wasn't. She said it's just the vibration of the ship. She also said some other things to insult me in a veiled way. The food was good, not wonderful.

Sue

Any truth to this?

What do you think?

We enjoyed the Steak House but the ship is small, run down, and dirty. On member of our group was given a voucher for a fee cruise as we left, he told them to keep it.

Was on the Pride in Sept. and we all loved our meals at the steakhouse. Everything was fresh, temperature appropriate, tender and flavourful.

I've been on NCL and we didn't enjoy it all, this was our first on Carnival and thoroughly enjoyed it. We always swore we'd never pay for a meal when so much was inclusive, but, they were both special occasions and in the grand scheme wasn't overly expensive (NCL prior to al a carte).

The steak house on NCL is far superior to the ones on CCL.

Been to numerous Steakhouses on numerous lines....Well worth the fee for the experience. Service and ambiance has always been very good to great. Are the steaks comparable to a top end land based steakhouse? No, not even close. Then again you are only paying $35, so you do get what you pay for

Edited by First and Ten

Any truth to this?

What do you think?

Because its fleet wide i dont know what would separate it from the rest

The answer really is, it depends.

I personally have been to the Steakhouse on the Liberty and the Pride. I thought it was an amazing experience. The Liberty at the time was incredible and I never had an experience quite like that on a cruise ship since, but that was back in 2008.

That being said, the steakhouse and all their restaurants depend on the supply of food that comes in, and because their supply can be unpredictable. From my understanding, ships in general, get their supply once per cruise. So if the steaks for the steakhouse turn out to be horrible, then that entire cruise, those for fee restaurants will stink and there's nothing they can do about it because they will not be able to get replacements like a land restaurant. I also learned that orders for supplies get placed 3 weeks prior to your cruise, so if something is bad, its too late to reorder.

The steak house on NCL is far superior to the ones on CCL.

Just relating my experience, but on NCL the steak was fatty, beyond marbling and the potato wasn't fully cooked, plus the food wasn't served hot, it was barely warm.

Like I said we normally don't pay go to the steakhouses or any upsell restaurants on ships, but, we have twice and those were our experiences.

Not sure why you would say the Pride is small and dirty, it's not (my preferred size, not a mega ship fan) and have yet to be on any ship, NCL or Carnival that was dirty.

Just relating my experience, but on NCL the steak was fatty, beyond marbling and the potato wasn't fully cooked, plus the food wasn't served hot, it was barely warm.

Like I said we normally don't pay go to the steakhouses or any upsell restaurants on ships, but, we have twice and those were our experiences.

Not sure why you would say the Pride is small and dirty, it's not (my preferred size, not a mega ship fan) and have yet to be on any ship, NCL or Carnival that was dirty.

I said that because on our cruise in October it was dirty and badly in need of a LOT of touch up type maintenance. Lots of rust everywhere especially on the balcony area. and it is a small ship. Several places were very dusty as well. None of us wanted to go on her again even for free with the vouchers they gave us.

I have to respectfully disagree. I've eaten in the Carnival steakhouses several times, and every time it was absolutely delicious, and the service impeccable. My father in law ate there as well (on a different cruise). He thought it was the best steak he ever had, and he's as far from "easy to please" as you can get.

I was on the Pride in October. and thought the ship was in great shape. There was some rust on the outside of the hull when we arrived, but we found out it was from the pounding the ship took during Hurricane Matthew. But they were out there painting until just before departure.

It's one of my favorite ships. Just the right size, and the crew is incredibly friendly. Never passed any crew member without them smiling and greeting me.

Edited by bruce39

We enjoyed the Steak House but the ship is small, run down, and dirty. On member of our group was given a voucher for a fee cruise as we left, he told them to keep it.

The only thing you have been correct about the October Pride cruise is, well, nothing. The only bad thing on the Pride is David's steaks and service.