When are formal nights for 7 night cruise?

zdub86

Hi. When are the formal nights for a 7 night cruise on the Carnival Breeze? Cruising February 5-12. I'd like to make a reservation for the steakhouse and would prefer during a formal night. Thanks!!

Reserving steakhouse at formal night will make you miss the Lobsters :).

Reserving steakhouse at formal night will make you miss the Lobsters :).

That's alright. Neither of us will be ordering the lobster. If I'm going to a steakhouse that has the description of a "world-class" steakhouse, then I'll be ordering a big juicy medium-rare steak :)

That's alright. Neither of us will be ordering the lobster. If I'm going to a steakhouse that has the description of a "world-class" steakhouse, then I'll be ordering a big juicy medium-rare steak :)

Okay. Formal nights were the same on the Freedom as DCCruiser had on the Pride. Not sure what the Breeze's formal nights are but assume it will be the same. Hopefully someone who cruised on it recently will let you know.

Thanks. So if the Breeze is the same, that would be Monday night and Friday night, correct?

If it starts on a Sunday, probably.

I do think that the first one may vary depending on your itinerary. I do believe they try to have the first formal night on your first sea day. On the Pride that works out to day 2. On our Glory cruise, however, we were in Half Moon Cay on the day after embarkation. The day after was a sea day, so our first formal night was on day 3.

So basically your first formal night will probably be your first day at sea.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to make my reservation for the Steakhouse. And I'd just like to confirm...

My cruise is Feb 5-12. It's my understanding the "cruise elegant" nights would be the 2nd and 6th nights, which would be Feb 6th and Feb 10, respectively, is that correct?? I'm looking to make my reservations for Feb 6th and just wanted confirmation. It doesn't list anywhere on my itinerary when the actual elegant nights would be.

I'm about to make my reservation for the Steakhouse. And I'd just like to confirm...

My cruise is Feb 5-12. It's my understanding the "cruise elegant" nights would be the 2nd and 6th nights, which would be Feb 6th and Feb 10, respectively, is that correct?? I'm looking to make my reservations for Feb 6th and just wanted confirmation. It doesn't list anywhere on my itinerary when the actual elegant nights would be.

is there a particular reason you are booking it on elegant night?

Bill

Normally, but no guarantees.

Usually it is Night 2 and Night 6 on 7 day cruises, especially if those Nights 2&6 are sea days. To each his own, but I would never schedule the steakhouse on a formal night. Even if you're not lobster fans, they usually have their better appetizers and desserts on the menu that night, and usually have prime rib as well.

Oh, ok. I was just thinking since it's an "upscale" restaurant that we should go during a formal night, to kind of make it more of a special occasion. But if the MDR's have better food during formal nights then I'll just reserve the steakhouse on another night. Thanks for the feedback.

In the olden days of cruising, when they had Formal nights, some cruisers would go the Steakhouse so they wouldn't have to dress "formally" for the MDR.

Those days are long gone. Today I like the Steakhouse on the night or 2 before the 2nd "elegant" or on the last night of a cruise.

Oh, ok. I was just thinking since it's an "upscale" restaurant that we should go during a formal night, to kind of make it more of a special occasion. But if the MDR's have better food during formal nights then I'll just reserve the steakhouse on another night. Thanks for the feedback.

The MDR does NOT have "better food" than the steakhouse on ANY night.

We have done 3 Breeze cruises and formal night was the first sea day and day 6:)

Lobster was the 2nd formal night, Prime RIB THE FIRST.

Edited by jst

I think I might just reserve the steakhouse for the last night of the cruise, which would be Saturday. Or night 3 (2nd day at sea). I don't want to miss prime rib in the MDR on the first formal night, and I don't want to reserve the steakhouse for any night after being in port since we will be doing excursions in every port and we wouldn't want to feel rushed to get back and get cleaned up for dinner.Thanks everyone for the advice!!

As I have been away from Carnival for a while, Formal nite means no tee's and or jeans at MDR and you will be turned away if showing up this way and lobster is one and done or are seconds available?

In the MDR on lobster night, you can have as many lobster tails as you want.