Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Have to say I had to google the "spatchcocked" word, which means butterfly, more familiar to me. Looks delish! Now, with respect to the happy gentleman reigning over his stove, is this Jeff or Myster? I have to say I am mystified!

Spins...I have the sense that you are much more likely to have earned a toque blanche than I ever was. That chicken looks soooooo good!

Camillus...you will fit right in here! :) And I had to google the spatchcock thing as well.

JP...I am eagerly anticipating your blog from the last JP and Chris adventure.

It is not my Myster. I have a very strong feeling that it is not Jeff. :) I think you will find that our beloved Jeff likes to take the ball and run with it. He found a picture somewhere that captured the pinny-wearing, s**t-faced grin dude and posted it for our entertainment.

Blog about the India trip is about 1/3 done. Over on the river cruising boards. Venture at your own risk... ;)

We're getting ready to go out to a nice dinner dance tonight. Of course we picked the coldest day in months... I have to see if my tux still fits after all this cruising! Haven't worn it since October. This could get interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

AFAIK, spatchcock is a term more specific than butterfly. It specifically refers to cutting out the backbone and flattening it that way. Wiktionary agrees. It also says that Jeff's etymology is correct. :)

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/spatchcock

Also known as frogging the chicken. That sounds like a euphemism if I ever heard one!

Formal nights can be fun if you enjoy dressing up, and the amount of clothing and accessories doesn't become overwhelming. We can pack light enough that our luggage is still quite manageable despite adding formal clothes. We enjoy them for the time being. Plus we rarely get to dress up in our finery, so it adds to the fun.

The dinner dances are through an organization called the Benedicts. We joined last year as a way to dance more. We took lessons for years and used to dance a lot, but that has stopped and we really miss it. So we're glad we found this alternative venue.

Chicken looked good Spins.....I'd call that spatchcock....butterfly here is usually known as an open breast....

Love formal too JP.....only chance l get these days is when cruising...hope you had a good evening.

All plans cancelled today as the weather here is wet and cold with a few snow showers thrown in so its a pork chop offering for lunch with sweet potato mash and sprouts.....accompanied with a very nice Pinot I've found from Tesco....in a box!!

S😊

No snow here!

What I expected to be two small cauliflowers turned out to be two giants. It has made four portions of enough each for four people of really lovely cauliflower cheese and so as Tony Hancock once said I have a bucketful of the stuff. We had beef bourguignon with dauphnoise yesterday with some, and she announced that it was the cauliflower she really enjoyed.

I'm breadrumbing some pork escalopes today as we prefer scnitzel von schwein rather than kalb. I'm also doing some red cabbage and some sort of carbs but not decided what. Possibly stove top charlottes although I might do some deep fried Maris Piper.

Jeff

Greetings Coolers! It is 8:10 am here and we have a balmy 9 F on the go. Sunny but I think the star has lost it's heat. :( It is warmer than yesterday though.

J....that meal looks so darn good! I love red cabbage and pork schnitzel. Myster has not attempted that yet. I may have to make a formal request. :)

JP.....how did the dancing go? I dragged poor Myster to ballroom dancing lessons before we had children and whatever we had learned has gone the way of the dodo bird. I do love to dance though!

Have a great day/evening all!

Lovely floral Spins....looks a bit like a type of Peony to me but maybe too tight a bud......

Pork sizzling away here....always a late lunch in a Sunday....

Snow finally disappeared but not before throwing the local community into panic mode.......sure Mysty will have a giggle at that!! 😉

S😊

Miss S.......Sorry your plans were disrupted! Snow in places that don't usually get much of the white stuff can cause absolute chaos. Vancouver on the west coast of Canada may sometimes get a light dusting but this year they got a dumping. I think 30 cm. They don't have much snow removal equipment because they don't usually need very much. So that snow dump threw a real monkey wrench into their operations! I did giggle just a wee bit though Miss S. :) Enjoy your delicious-sounding lunch!

Spins....I thought it looked something like a peony as well. Plants and flowers are outside of my wheelhouse though. Sorry I can't help!