Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

The dancing went well enough. We used to take ballroom lessons on a regular basis, and for a while we were pretty decent. The studio went belly up maybe 5 years back and we're gradually losing it ever since. It's sad, but we still retain enough so that we can fool some people into thinking we can still dance.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Congrats JP! It is a really lovely flower!

And apropos of nothing.......there was a rather weird shape that appeared over a shopping centre in Kitwe, Zambia (yesterday I think). Here is a link to a news article from The Daily Mail (I don't think you particularly like that source J).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4281314/Human-shaped-cloud-appears-Zambian-shopping-centre.html

I am now quite confused about the pictures:confused:. I thought a service like photobucket was necessary to post pictures on the boards, however recently I think I saw them posted directly in the messages. Now it looks like they can only be viewed through the service again:mad:.

Also, I have seen a few of these services used with photobucket probably the most popular but quite clunky and slow to load the pictures. What are the pros and cons of the various services?

Thanks

Ernie

I use photobucket, only because I was guided to it. It is cumbersome, having to upload, then copy and paste a link.

At one time I thought you could post directly to cruise critic boards, but the quality wasn't good and the ones I saw were like thumbnails.

I hope others will chime in about the subject. Additionally, you can look at the photography section in cruise critic or place a direct query in the search box where you should be guided to discussions on this topic.

You can post directly (or close to it) But afaik it's only through the app. I've been using this method exclusively with my most recent trip report.

There's a picture icon where you then select the picture directly from your phone. It uploads the photo to the tapatalk server and automatically inserts the link for you. Image quality is great and the process is way easier than with a PC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings Coolers! Our roller coaster weather continues. This morning it has warmed to 21 F. Unfortunately this warming trend brings with it freezing rain. Again! Where is spring?

JP...I second J's comment on the ribs! Crackin' indeed.

Myster made a slow cooker meal yesterday. It was Vietnamese Style Beef Pot Roast. It was yummy.

DSC04629_zpsr41xyct8.jpg

Now, I mentioned earlier that Myster is more imaginative in the kitchen than I ever was. There is a tiny bit of a downside to his imaginative style. It seems that our ladle would not fit between the roast and the side of the slow cooker. His solution was to make a ladle using one of the available utensils.

DSC04628_zpsugrqfypz.jpg

I now have one fewer tablespoons. Small price to pay and a wee bit disconcerting.

Have a great day/evening all!

M,

I'm really impressed with that meal. Myster has a light and sensitive touch to that dish - do send him my admiration.

The bent spoon shows how resourceful he is!

We had some kleftico today with some dauphinoise, (yet more) cauliflower cheese, and some green beans.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Forums