Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Ha Ha Ha! Good one JP! Unfortunately it would have gone easier for him if he had used his mental powers instead of brute force. As it is, I noticed him working at bending the spoon with his hands and his nefarious plot was discovered. Obviously I was not best pleased with his innovation but as they say...necessity is the mother of invention. Not sure how many more utensils he will bend to his will. I may have to hide the silverware. :)

OOOOOOH! That looks delicious J! Yum, yum, yum!

On another note, I think you liked to watch The Good Wife. Have you seen the new spin-off called The Good Fight? Several characters from the cast of the Good Wife are in the spin-off - Diane, Lucca, Marissa (Gold's daughter). I've watched 3 episodes and I like it!

M, thanks so much for the pointer. We were watching episode 21 of the final series 7 last night so were getting anxious. It looks like they have only released the first episode of the new series and it isn't on Netflix, but it does look like it is available "elsewhere" so hopefully we'll have a look in a couple of nights time.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good Evening Camels,

It's a soup made from a couple of corn-fed chickens, carrots, celery, red onions, parsley stalks, a small amount of ginger, garlic, chilli, white pepper and a very large handful of kafir lime leaves. It is all cleared but left cloudy after simmering all day and it will now bubble away until Thursday or Friday ... and we take a mug full each time we pass.

It is lovely. I know I'm not suppose to say that. :)

Jeff

C,

I don't know why, but I use to feel that it was a bit of an expensive indulgence to spend that much on a freshly made soup, but it really isn't.

I reserve the chicken breasts for a late night supper - they are really wasted in the soup because they add no flavour - on the Wednesday or Thursday, and poach them in the soup and make a rice with the soup making a hainanese chicken rice.

It has been a bit of a habit every other week or so through the winter. Sometimes accompanied by a cheats sour dough bread to dip.

Jeff

Talking about soups, I think it was Spins who had some problems with the NY Times recipe for black bean soup. Well, in the front page of today's digital NY Times... what else but a lovely picture of their soup? Now, I'll look it up, but the real cuban recipe does not call for hot peppers; rather for tabasco sauce and lots of red wine. The best is had, apart from Cuba, at the Colombia Restaurant in Ybor City, Tampa, Florida. Been there and loved it!!

G'Day All......that soup looks really good Jeffers....love the way you grab a cup each time you pass!! I'm not a soup person to be honest...should l be ashamed to say l do however like the weight watchers tinned tomato....:o

Finishing off the sunday left over pork chops today...feeling a bit lost as I've just dropped furry fella off with his Pooch Nanny for a couple of days...he of course didn't give a jot as he loves it there....

Wonder if our Terry has jumped ship.....not like him to be so quiet.....do hope he's enjoying the Spirit.....

At least the weather is better here today....

S 😊

Hello all.

Miss Sophia,

Terry is on the Princess something or other. He is posting there but can't post photos, ship is blocking large uploads of data.

Camillus,

The black bean soup in NYT called for two jalapeños and chipotles in adobo. That was too fiery a combination for this gringa.

I usually just make my own soups sans recipes, but since this was touted as best, I made it. And as we know it was scorchingly hot.

Jeffs soup looks rich and decadent and of course healing.

Yesterday I cleaned the refrig and repaired the shelves. Finished re grouting bathtub. Who knows what fun today will bring.🛀🏼

Greetings Coolers! I had to don the Yaktrax on my boots this morning in order to walk across the porch to the attached garage. Skating rink out there due to the freezing rain. EEEEEK!

I showed Myster the lovely comments on his pot roast and his Uri Geller trick. He was well chuffed! Said to thank everyone. :)

Miss S. enjoy your get-away!

Spins......you seem to be a master of all trades! Bravo!

J....the burgers look delicious!

Have a great day/evening all!

Good afternoon Coolers, nice to us all in our version of Cheers! I guess I must be somewhere between Norm and Cliff!

Today was grilled butterfly lamb neck fillet with salad, rice and pitta. summer has come early. And I bought some carnations.

Jeff

a4942d5f2cce36611bbf82522c4d9ce9.jpg

fea7c5ed81c2119f621e939272432f8b.jpg

4db20aca5e7607f7759a1cee3537cfd5.jpg

Greetings Coolers! We have sun and mild temps today. Happy, happy, happy!

J.....your meal looks delish! And if this is our version of Cheers then I am likely Carla. :)

I am resorting to the Surface Pro to post here because our desk top computer using Firefox 52.0 tells me that the CC Board site is not secure. I did attempt to delete cookies and turn the machine off then on again. Still got the message that login was deemed unsafe.

Have a great day/evening all!

Here too, after a couple of gray nasty cold days, we see this strange yellow light in the sky. Very pleasant, and temps well above freezing. Time to replete the Vitamin D stores.

Working harder than usual this week so cooking more simple stuff. Have to see what can be dug out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Greetings all!! Beautiful morning here, with temps in the 40'sF. Spring weather for us. DH is hoping the weather won't change as he would like to grill steaks tonight. Nothing fancy to accompany them...vegetables in "steamable" bags. Actually, the asparagus can be nice, provided you steam them for less than the suggested time. A pinch of salt, a bit of white balsamic and a squirt of lemon, and the lazy lady is done with her contribution to the meal. Oh, oh, just noticed the sky is turning gray....