Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

We now stick with a cash account - we do not spend much - mostly covered by OBC anyway and that way it is easier for us as we got hit with bogus charges twice in the past.

I've seen several people that do a cash account. I'm interested as well as we'll have a pretty good chunk of OBC and are pre-paying a lot of excursions etc. It sounds like you, essentially, run a tab then pay it at the end (or when you hit their predetermined max tab limit before starting at zero again). So do I need to carry $1000 or whatever I decide in actual cash onboard with me? Or can I pay it off with a one time charge to a credit card?

it just seems like a lot of cash to be carrying around. Obviously I'd keep it in the safe.

While we're on the subject, and I know there will be many differing opinions, by how much cash do you usually cruise with? It's been almost 20 years since our last cruise. BTW we're prepaying grats. But will bring some cash for extra tips if we feel the need.

Long post sorry!

Just got off the Anthem on Sunday. Was charged for 2 bottles of Evian when we only used one. I called the number, it took them an extra day to check it out but they said they will refund my money in 5 business days. We chose the email option of receiving the bill and I noticed it after we left the ship.

My refund was posted to my credit card today. :)

Yes, no problem.

I'm assuming they don't keep it on file then? Because then I may run into the extra charges after the fact issue anyway.

Thanks Bob. And congrats on 100K. I've only been on here a few weeks and I already "know" you because you've been very helpful :D

I'm assuming they don't keep it on file then? Because then I may run into the extra charges after the fact issue anyway.

Thanks Bob. And congrats on 100K. I've only been on here a few weeks and I already "know" you because you've been very helpful :D

I can't be 100% sure they don't keep the number on file, but if you have a cash account, and close that account by paying with a credit card the night before disembarkation, there should be no way to add charges.

ADD after Bob's post; might be time 2.5 where I may disagree with Bob.

I missed Bob's 100k - I have disagreed with his posts maybe twice in 100k:evilsmile: I do appreciate his information and knowledge (is there a bow down and worship icon?). Subject to Bob's correction, I think as soon as you give them a credit card they will then charge you $1 billon for their next ship (okay, I hope a slight exaggeration); I think you are then back in the RCI's "lets make money pool".:mad: They DO have your CC#; we will pray for you.

ADD after Bob's post; might be time 2.5 where I may disagree with Bob.

I missed Bob's 100k - I have disagreed with his posts maybe twice in 100k:evilsmile: I do appreciate his information and knowledge (is there a bow down and worship icon?). Subject to Bob's correction, I think as soon as you give them a credit card they will then charge you $1 billon for their next ship (okay, I hope a slight exaggeration); I think you are then back in the RCI's "lets make money pool".:mad: They DO have your CC#; we will pray for you.

If that's the case then I'm done for already...they have my cc# from me booking excursions on Cruise Planner.

Thanks!

I can't be 100% sure they don't keep the number on file, but if you have a cash account, and close that account by paying with a credit card the night before disembarkation, there should be no way to add charges.

I think they do keep the number on file. When we checked in for our recent cruise on Freedom I tried to hand the lady my credit card and she said that she didn't need it as they already had my number on file. I guess I gave her a bit of a confused look and she said... yes, I know, shocking. This was our first check-in where they did not need to see my card.

I think they do keep the number on file. When we checked in for our recent cruise on Freedom I tried to hand the lady my credit card and she said that she didn't need it as they already had my number on file. I guess I gave her a bit of a confused look and she said... yes, I know, shocking. This was our first check-in where they did not need to see my card.

Appeciate the info. I will sleep better now knowing that my credit card number is safely within the confines of the Royal Caribbean IT system.:eek::loudcry:

Just off the Enchantment. Didn't touch the two bottles of water in our cabin. In fact, we went on an excursion at Coco Cay where we received four bottles of water. We brought one (unopened) back on the boat and left it on the counter next to the two "mini bar" bottles. When we disembarked, there were still three unopened bottles on the counter. Our paper statement showed correct numbers, but our e-mail statement showed a mini bar charge in the amount of $12.47. I think i will be filing a complaint with the BBB. This is unacceptable!

...Our paper statement showed correct numbers, but our e-mail statement showed a mini bar charge in the amount of $12.47. I think i will be filing a complaint with the BBB. This is unacceptable!
Don't just think about a BBB complaint; file also with the FL Attorney General. Unless RCCL upper management is totally stupid (and I don't think they are), there is no way that they are unaware of this. Months ago I thought this was sloppy management and unacceptable. I now think it is outright FRAUD.

To RCCL: If you are reading this (and you should be), I'd be more than happy to hear your side of the story.

Don't just think about a BBB complaint; file also with the FL Attorney General. Unless RCCL upper management is totally stupid (and I don't think they are), there is no way that they are unaware of this. Months ago I thought this was sloppy management and unacceptable. I now think it is outright FRAUD.

To RCCL: If you are reading this (and you should be), I'd be more than happy to hear your side of the story.

Thanks for the AG suggestion. I was digging at who to complain to. I really let the rep have it and told him to pull up cruise critic and read the mini bar charges. He probably won't, but at least I tried.

I finally got my other $4 USD back on my credit card. We have now booked a cruise for the end of this month on the oasis. If this happens again I think I am going to lose my mind! Who knew I would get so upset over $13

They are very aware of the issue, at least the reps are. When I called to get overcharge refunded the rep told me they knew there was an issue and they were working on resolving it. I told nowhere near fast enough as its been going on for way too long.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

They are very aware of the issue, at least the reps are. When I called to get overcharge refunded the rep told me they knew there was an issue and they were working on resolving it. I told nowhere near fast enough as its been going on for way too long.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If they are very aware of this, they need to do something to stop it. Knowing that a system charges people that shouldn't be charged is a major issue...criminal in my opinion. If they don't fix it, they are fraudulently charging people for a product that they don't provide thus scamming customers.

I haveven filed a complaint with the FL dept 9f Consumers Affairs. I forwarded all 200 post to them

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Contact-Us/File-a-Complaint

ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD1050 CARIBBEAN WAY, MIAMI, FL 33132-2028

Phone 305-982-2398Complaints 45PrintDBA/Other Names

Royal Caribbean International

ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD

Online Complaint Number (OCN) : 275629

Submission Date : 3/29/2017 12:43:44 PM

Complaint Details

Consumer Information Business Complaining Against

Royal Caribbean Cruise International

1050 CARIBBEAN WAY

MIAMI, FL 331322028

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Phone No : 3059822398

Email Address :

Work Phone :

Product Information

Mode of Contact : OTHER

Product or Service Involved : Post cruise charges for water from Mini

bCaorst of Product or Service : 12.28

Consumer's complaint:

I am a member of a cruise forum Cruise critic.com. My cruise is scheduled for Oct There is an on going discussion for RCCI charging

guest 12.28 for water from the minibar post cruise when they did not use anything from the minibar. This appears to be going on fleet

wide. Today there are over 200 comments with the first being posted Dec 2016 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2434965

So far everyone that has caught the charge it has been refunded. If this is happening to every passenger and only a handfull

are getting refunds, then RCCI is stealing alot of money from passangers. The last peroson to poststated the only got $12.00 of

the$12.28. This does not take into account foreign exchange rates or the interest charge from the credit card company.

What would satisfy the complaint:

Make RCCI stop this practice that amount to thief by conversion.

Supporting Documents

If you are unable to upload the supporting documents, such as letters written or received from the business,

contracts, cancelled checks, receipts or any other proof of purchase/service, please mail these documents. When

mailing supporting documents, please include the ONLINE COMPLAINT NUMBER (OCN), as provided above on this

confirmation page, to ensure proper identification. If your complaint involves a product or service that was

advertised, include a copy of the advertisement. Please do not send originals.

Mail supporting documents to:

FDACS – CONSUMER SERVICES

2005 APALACHEE PARKWAY

TALLAHASSEE FL 32399-6500

What Happens to My Complaint Once it is Received?

Once we receive the complaint along with the supporting documents (if any), we will review the information and in

most cases, forward to the reported business. The business then has 30 days to respond to your complaint. We will

work with you and the business in an attempt to reach a voluntary resolution of your dispute.

If the complaint falls within the jurisdiction of another local, state or federal agency, we may refer your complaint to

that agency.

Important Information

Documents provided to this office are public record.

This office does not have the authority to offer legal advice or provide legal representation to consumers. This office

generally does not become involved in matters that are scheduled or have already been heard in a court of law or

have already been closed by the agency with proper jurisdiction.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' A - Z Resource Guide can provide you with additional

information and resources to contact. For additional assistance give us a call today at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or

(850) 488-2221 if calling from out of state.

Same thing just happened to me. Just got off the Freedom of the Seas on Sunday, April 9th. Same day a charge of $6.19 was posted to my credit card after I received the final statement. I called Post Cruise Customer Support at (800) 256-6649 and they said it was a mini bar charge for a bottle of water. There was one large bottle of water in the mini bar on day one and it was still in there on the last day. I even made a point of telling the crew member that I never touched it. The charge was removed. We will see.

Got a letter from the state of Florida about complaint I filed. They have forwarded everything Royal Caribbean asking them to respond in 30 days. Royal can or cannot responded. If they do not the complaint will be closed as no response

Got a letter from the state of Florida about complaint I filed. They have forwarded everything Royal Caribbean asking them to respond in 30 days. Royal can or cannot responded. If they do not the complaint will be closed as no response
WOW!! If am charged with driving 90 mph in a school zone in Florida and choose not to respond, will the charge be closed???

Personally I think that any complaints would possibly carry more weight if they were filed by people who had actually been charged instead of someone anticipating that they may be charged for an upcoming cruise that is months away.

Just to note that we have not been charged for any mini bar items on any of our cruises.