Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

Ok, as Diamond Plus we had 6 bottles of water waiting for us, we did not drink a single one. Yet we were charged $12.28 after my husband paid the final bill, he emailed and they are going to credit $12 so we will have to eat the .28 cents

Its more than that its the damned inconvenience of having to go to the trouble of getting a refund.

I plan to go to guest services to tell them I'm having everything removed from the bar/cabin and there better not be any charges for them, then going to the cabin and telling our steward to remove it and that if there is any charge on our account on return day, he will not be getting a tip,.,..that's right, we tip ourselves from now on, not prepay...getting sick of all this nonsense.:mad:

Just got off the Anthem on Sunday. Was charged for 2 bottles of Evian when we only used one. I called the number, it took them an extra day to check it out but they said they will refund my money in 5 business days. We chose the email option of receiving the bill and I noticed it after we left the ship.

Thanks for all who posted here! I just checked my credit card statement a little closer from my Enchantment sailing in a GS earlier this month and sure enough - there's an additional $12.47 charge. Ugh. :mad: I guess I'll be calling Royal today. Thanks again for the heads up!

I thought RCI is going to stop stocking the mini bar and there is a form in the cabin for guests to request the type of beverage to be stocked, if any?

They did stop stocking the fridge with the soda and the snacks however they still leave 2 bottles of Evian water on the desk.

They did stop stocking the fridge with the soda and the snacks however they still leave 2 bottles of Evian water on the desk.

They need to keep that profit center generating cash.

I thought RCI is going to stop stocking the mini bar and there is a form in the cabin for guests to request the type of beverage to be stocked, if any?

And why should an empty minibar stand in the way of RCI manufacturing a few charges for its non-existing contents?

They charge for water left on the desk? That's pretty sneaky. Usually anything left outside the mini bar is free. Good to know and I will tell the gang! Thanks

Out experience has been that the small bottles are complimentary, but the large Evian bottles are extra charge. There should be a note or card indicating this, but sometimes it's not apparent.

I did what no one else has done I went ahead and files a complaint with the Fl department of Consumer services. It can be done online.

Glad someone finally did it! I hope a lot more people do the same. RC knows about the problem and doesn't seem to think it's important enough to fix.

Its more than that its the damned inconvenience of having to go to the trouble of getting a refund.

I plan to go to guest services to tell them I'm having everything removed from the bar/cabin and there better not be any charges for them, then going to the cabin and telling our steward to remove it and that if there is any charge on our account on return day, he will not be getting a tip,.,..that's right, we tip ourselves from now on, not prepay...getting sick of all this nonsense.:mad:

The fraudulent charges show up long after you have left the ship and can't do anything about it directly with the ship's staff.

I posted my theories on how this is happening. I don't think the cabin stewards are knowingly involved. But threatening them with no tips might get them to also start complaining about the issue and finally get the thievery to stop, wherever its being perpetrated.

So I just checked my bank statement. I finally got the refund today. I received the refund however it was not correct. I was charged $12.36 USD on the cruise which was charged to my USD Visa. The refund I was given was for $12.36 CAD which translated into $9.02 USD after exchange on my USD Visa. The refund should have been for the same amount and currency as the original charge. I just sent another email to the person who contacted me from Bayley's office

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have still not received the rest of my refund. I have been promised I should see it this week. I know it is only a few dollars at this point, but I am not stopping until I get 100% of my money back.

I have still not received the rest of my refund. I have been promised I should see it this week. I know it is only a few dollars at this point, but I am not stopping until I get 100% of my money back.

You sound like my husband, of course we could all afford a cruise so we can afford $12 but it is the point.

You sound like my husband, of course we could all afford a cruise so we can afford $12 but it is the point.

Exactly. If this was an isolated incident I do not think I would bother for the extra few $$s, but knowing how much money RCL is likely making off all of these charges really concerns me. The folks I have talking to from Bailey's office do seem concerned, but I am not confident they are really working to get this resolved. Here is an idea - take that water out too!

Yes, it is the point. Try getting off the ship at the end of the cruise and see what happens if you owed RCI $12.00. You won't be going anywhere except to guest services to settle up. And the one time that happened to me it was RCI's mistake again.