Freedom - interior or ocean view?

thadlo

We have 3 staterooms reserved for an upcoming cruise on Freedom. Currently we have 3 interior rooms on deck 9. I wondered if it is worth it to switch to 3 ocean views on deck 2? Cost will be close - probably $50 per stateroom additional.

I like the idea of a window. I worry I'll feel claustrophobic not to mention not being able to see what the weather is like every day. However I also like the idea of being on a higher deck. We will probably be using the pool and kids club quite a bit.

I'd appreciate feedback! I have only cruised once - with a balcony on Oasis so I'm already spoiled. I worry I'll hate an inside room. It will be my husband's and kids first cruise! Thank you!

Consider the promenade rooms. We do this and book 2 vs. 1 balcony stateroom. They're interior but overlook the promenade on decks 6,7 and 8. Very much like a hotel room. 2 of these rooms less than one balcony stateroom. Done it on freedom three times now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Show me one sailing where a promenade room is less than a standard balcony room on the Freedom. You can't get a regular inside for half of a balcony.

Op, go with a window for the reasons you mentioned. You also get a little more space. It is nice to have some natural light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How much time do you spent on your stateroom ?

In my case if you don't add sleep time I spent between 30-60 mins daily in my stateroom and that's because my girlfriend takes a long with make up etc. 50$ is not a big difference but I rather stay in deck 9

Freedom's elevator are not as fast or big as in the oasis class ship. Imagine if you are in deck 2.

Show me one sailing where a promenade room is less than a standard balcony room on the Freedom. You can't get a regular inside for half of a balcony.

Op, go with a window for the reasons you mentioned. You also get a little more space. It is nice to have some natural light.

Promenade cabins are way less than a balcony! It is less than ocean view on deck 2 and 3, but a lil more than an inside cabin.

My stepson likes the promenade cabin much better than an inside. The only downfall is if you forget to close the drapes when you are changing. You give the people on the opposite side a nice peep show :eek:

Typical/avg pricing on Freedom for the 6 day runs is:

$600 inside

$700 promenade

$800 for an OV

$900+ for balcony

I vote for a promenade room. I was nervous about doing an interior and I think this is the only way I can do it! You aren't in the room too much anyway! I've only done promenade before (trying balcony on Indy) but that is because I splurged as it's only a 5 night. I will probably stick with promenade's so I can cruise more!

We sailed on Indy (same class ship) in a Promenade and it was significantly cheaper than a balcony. Except we booked it for the Ben & Jerry's Sweet. I think it is bigger than an inside. The only thing I didn't like was I couldn't tell the time of day nor weather. This was the only time we haven't sailed in a balcony. That said, we have recently come to find that we don't use the balcony. Our next RCCL cruise we have one of the panoramic ocean view rooms. That way I can still watch the ocean, tell the time of day and not feel claustrophobic.

Consider the promenade rooms. We do this and book 2 vs. 1 balcony stateroom. They're interior but overlook the promenade on decks 6,7 and 8. Very much like a hotel room. 2 of these rooms less than one balcony stateroom. Done it on freedom three times now. :)

I am pretty sure that Sarah said that TWO promenade cabins cost less than ONE balcony cabin.

I personally wouldn't take a deck 2 oceanview. There tends to be more noise in many areas on deck 2... intermittent mechanical noise and vibration, anchor noise, crashing waves, etc. I WOULD change to an OV on deck 3 in a heartbeat though! Very quiet and if you're able to snag the last 5 rooms at the back on each side, they have HUGE windows as it used to be part of the dining room.

If deck 3 OV isn't an option, I agree with the above comments - check out the promenade staterooms! Have done them many times and they're a great compromise for an inside without the claustrophobia! :)

We were on the FOS in adjoining outside cabins 3552 / 3554 for the December 18 sailing. We have our 3 sons sleep in one of the cabins (of course, we have to play the adult in the room game and having the adjoining rooms makes this easier) and we have the other one.

This was very convenient to the show room. We were convenient to the elevators and did not find them slow. We heard very little noise. On the night we sailed to Grand Cayman, the seas were rough and we did have wave action but I love the sound of it.

I know your question was about deck 2. The other 2 sailings we had were one on deck 2 outside adjoining cabins and we had zero issues. We heard a few more noises but nothing too extreme. Again, it was very convenient in the evenings due to the proximity to the show lounge. We were located in the front port of the ship. Also, it is easy up to deck 5 to walk across to the dining rooms and easy up to 11 for the pool and walking across to the sports areas. The other sailing was deck 3 and it was just like I described above.

In the interest of fairness, we had an inside cabin many years ago and hated it. Like being able to see outside even if the porthole is not extremely large like the ones on deck 2.

Have a great cruise.

We have 3 staterooms reserved for an upcoming cruise on Freedom. Currently we have 3 interior rooms on deck 9. I wondered if it is worth it to switch to 3 ocean views on deck 2? Cost will be close - probably $50 per stateroom additional.

I like the idea of a window. I worry I'll feel claustrophobic not to mention not being able to see what the weather is like every day. However I also like the idea of being on a higher deck. We will probably be using the pool and kids club quite a bit.

I'd appreciate feedback! I have only cruised once - with a balcony on Oasis so I'm already spoiled. I worry I'll hate an inside room. It will be my husband's and kids first cruise! Thank you!

Welcome to CC. Like selecting any cabin make sure you look at the deck plans to see what might be above or below the cabin(s) you are interested in. Especially if you are concerned with public areas and possible associated noise.

We have never had a noise issue on deck 2 on Voyager or Freedom class ships.

One time we had an ocean view on deck 3 on Oasis. The window was great for letting in light but there was so much salt caked onto the outside that is was almost impossible to see anything.