port of Miami cruise parking

Sunflower321

We must have different definitions of early LOL. We leave Melbourne at 8, drop the dog at the kennel, and arrive at the port by 11. I find this far less stressful than messing around with hotels, shuttles, and taxis. Staying at a hotel out by the airport is not my idea of a good time.

Ha ha, yes we do. She doesn't get up until about 9 or so. And that's get up, not be ready, that's a whole different time. So she can sleep until 9 and still be on the ship by 11:30. It makes her happy which in turn makes life easier :)

• 1 year later...
For our last two cruises from Miami we have used Safe Cruise Parking. It's about 15 min. from shipside, depending on where you are in the drop order. Google them. You pay in advance -- I think it's about $8 per day. They state forcefully that the parking is safe. We have had no problems -- very high fences and iron gates. They shuttle you to the ship for free (tip of course). They also shuttle you back for free, but we have decided not to wait and took a cab back both times. Cab fare should be around $15 but they will go the long way around if you don't insist they take the short route -- tell the taxi to take the US 1 bridge and the streets, not the tunnel, or just use Uber.

They also have a lot in Ft. Lauderdale.

We used them in 2015 - haven't cruised from Miami since them. No issues at all. We did arrive very early so we had plenty of time. Waited around for a few other passengers to arrive before they shuttled us over to the port. We put on stickers when we arrived back and they picked us up at the curb. Seems a little questionable when you arrive - chain link fence, guys hanging out under a tent - but our car was fine, people were friendly and very affordable.

We must have different definitions of early LOL. We leave Melbourne at 8, drop the dog at the kennel, and arrive at the port by 11. I find this far less stressful than messing around with hotels, shuttles, and taxis. Staying at a hotel out by the airport is not my idea of a good time.

We're driving from Charlotte to Melbourne this Saturday for a Sunday cruise on Silhouette. Head to POM Sunday well rested and relaxed.

How does Port of Miami parking work. Drop bags off first? We you retrieve your car do you carry your bags with you?

Rollie

There is a set of elevators in the center of the parking garage. Very easy with wheeled luggage.

I have used Parkway Parking 3 times during the last 2 years. Didn’t have any issues or problems except for making a wrong turn and that can happen driving to the port. I also parked the car and kept the keys. Pick up was very fast.

It was also so much easier that driving to the port. The lesser I have to drive in Miami the better.

I have also stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon with their stay, park and cruise. It is a very nice hotel with all two rooom suites/ kitchenettes. It is near the airport and will cost an additional $35 to 40 back from the port. The shuttle to the port can be and is a cluster muster. Everyone is pushing to get on and then they aren’t all going on the same cruise line. It also leaves two scheduled times that require reservations one around 10 and the other around 11:30. You also get people trying to get on earlier then their scheduled times and people that think it is going to the airport that also causes delays.

For the difference in price we now park at Parkway and stay at a hotel around St Lucie or Boca Roton because it is along our route and works out a lot cheaper, easier and convenient.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I have used Parkway Parking 3 times during the last 2 years. Didn’t have any issues or problems except for making a wrong turn and that can happen driving to the port. I also parked the car and kept the keys. Pick up was very fast.

It was also so much easier that driving to the port. The lesser I have to drive in Miami the better.

I have also stayed at Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon with their stay, park and cruise. It is a very nice hotel with all two rooom suites/ kitchenettes. It is near the airport and will cost an additional $35 to 40 back from the port. The shuttle to the port can be and is a cluster muster. Everyone is pushing to get on and then they aren’t all going on the same cruise line. It also leaves two scheduled times that require reservations one around 10 and the other around 11:30. You also get people trying to get on earlier then their scheduled times and people that think it is going to the airport that also causes delays.

For the difference in price we now park at Parkway and stay at a hotel around St Lucie or Boca Roton because it is along our route and works out a lot cheaper, easier and convenient.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

Parkway Parking does not own a facility. They are a booking agent for independent lots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

How does Port of Miami parking work. Drop bags off first? We you retrieve your car do you carry your bags with you?

Rollie

Our porter walked our luggage across the street to the garage. There is a pickup area on the first level. I went and got the car and wife waited by the luggage.

Parkway Parking does not own a facility. They are a booking agent for independent lots.

That explains why the shuttle has Safe Cruise Parking on it.

It is the lot on

155 SW 3rd Street Miami, FL 33130

When making reservations I think you have to go thru Parkway but when you call it connects to the lot.

Here is the website for the lot

https://www.safecruiseparking.com/port-of-miami/

My cruise reservation comes from Parkway.

Either way I got a discount and for 14 days leaving this March the total cost is $119.87. For some reason they always charge a extra day. Still a lot cheaper that $22/day.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am cruising out of Miami in January. I don't really want to pay $20 per day but many of the other reviews I read sound terrible. Has anyone, in the last year, had any positive parking experiences away from the port?

This isn't exactly what you asked but we had a positive experience last June in Miami parking in the Royal Caribbean/Celebrity parking deck. The agent at Celebrity told us about it and there is no charge to park there for up to 7 days. The RCI/Celebrity headquarters is at the port so I just dropped my wife and luggage off, drove to the garage and walked back about 3 blocks or so. I can't guarantee the security but there are security guards walking around the area.

That explains why the shuttle has Safe Cruise Parking on it.

It is the lot on

155 SW 3rd Street Miami, FL 33130

When making reservations I think you have to go thru Parkway but when you call it connects to the lot.

Here is the website for the lot

https://www.safecruiseparking.com/port-of-miami/

My cruise reservation comes from Parkway.

Either way I got a discount and for 14 days leaving this March the total cost is $119.87. For some reason they always charge a extra day. Still a lot cheaper that $22/day.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji560]

You are one of the lucky ones, horrible reviews on Google, Trip Advisor and Yelp.

If you live in Florida depending on the how long the cruise is we usually rent a car. It is much cheaper than Parking. You have a lot options for drop off depending on the Port you sail from. POM has a Budget drop off in downtown MIA with a free shuttle until around noon, and I believe they pick up from the port also. For example with are leaving from POM April 15 for theT/A to Dublin. We will drive from Tampa with a Budget rental for 45.00 and drop off at the MIA airport. Spend the night at the Hampton Inn then take their third part shuttle service to the Pier or you could use Uber. We will fly back to Tampa.

• 2 weeks later...

We parked directly across from the terminal doors in a handicapped (recent knee surgery) spot on March 11. We were so early that disembarking passengers were still in process. We weren't sure what to do being that early. DW checked with a porter by the name of Big Daddy waiting for his shift to start who was just a few feet away. He hung out with us while the incoming pax thinned out then got us and our bags across while chatting merrily away. Earned a tip IMHO. We didn't really need a porter when we disembarked.

This was an open lot, not a garage. The nearest garage was nearly 200 yards away. One big downside of the open lot is that our car was used for practice seagull bombing runs

This isn't exactly what you asked but we had a positive experience last June in Miami parking in the Royal Caribbean/Celebrity parking deck. The agent at Celebrity told us about it and there is no charge to park there for up to 7 days. The RCI/Celebrity headquarters is at the port so I just dropped my wife and luggage off, drove to the garage and walked back about 3 blocks or so. I can't guarantee the security but there are security guards walking around the area.

What is the address of the garage? I spoke to a Captain's Club rep and she did not have any information about a free parking garage at the port. Here is a map of the port: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf . I would really like to save $154.00 in parking fees.

Thank you.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
What is the address of the garage? I spoke to a Captain's Club rep and she did not have any information about a free parking garage at the port. Here is a map of the port: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf . I would really like to save $154.00 in parking fees.

Thank you.

:)

I was given the address by the Celebrity sales rep on the phone. 1080 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL. It is the address of the Celebrity/Royal Caribbean offices. I don't remember whether they are both in the same building but the parking garage is across the surface parking lot from the front of the building. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I'll try to check back in case you have another question.

• 9 months later...

Look up parking for the port of Miami.  It should give you a map of all the parking options and you can see which lot is closest to your terminal.  We went RC the last time and parked in a garage directly across the street.  All lots there are "take a ticket" and I don't remember any option to book it early.  Our garage had plenty of spaces available.  There are some off site options for literally half the cost.  We used Safe Cruise Parking previously with no issues.  Port parking is expensive but IMHO worth the cost of the convenience.

Not sure where you live.

We live in South Georgia and have used the Holiday Inn Express at the Miami Airport to park our vehicle during a cruise.  The area is safe and our car did just fine while we were gone.

Another solution is to drive a one way rental car both ways.   We did that last time and one way from Miami to South Georgia was about $80.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, hlaw97 said:

Is this a gated parking at 1080 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL?  We are going on RC and are trying to book parking.

does anyone have a number or info since its been a while

Since you have a cruise booked call up Royal Caribbean and ask whoever answers about convenient parking near the port.  That is how we found it.  The sales rep at Celebrity volunteered the information.  The parking garage is across the parking lot that is in front of the Royal Caribbean building.  Get on Google earth or something and you can see it.  It has been almost two years since we used it but our car was perfectly safe when we were there for a week.  Obviously that doesn't mean anything.  As I stated previously there are security guards in the area but you won't have anything that gives you any type of guarantee since you are not booking it.