10:30 flight FLL

hhintz

We have a 10:30 flight out of FLL after our Harmony cruise. Should we just plan to take our luggage off or put it out the night before? This is our first time on RCCL. Thanks.

I'd take your bags off yourself to have maximum leeway in case of unexpected delay.

This is my Port Everglades experience with self-disembarkation for a 10 am flight out of FLL the same day.

Expected arrival time into port Everglades at 7 am, but ship was docked already at 6 am. At 7 am, we went down to deck 5, - in line to be among the first to go ashore - already a huge queue for self-disembarkation!

7:15 am the queue did start to move and 8:45 we were off the ship in line for immigration.

Pretty fast and just before 8 am we entered a taxi (no waiting line) for the airport - 15 minutes to the airport - With United premier access and 'TSA Pre' check-in security took less that 20 minutes.

Well in time for our 10 am departure from FLL

We have a 10:30 flight out of FLL after our Harmony cruise. Should we just plan to take our luggage off or put it out the night before?

If you can easily and comfortably handle your own luggage, keep it. One less thing to wonder about the next morning when time is somewhat important. Where is my bag.....where is my bag....where the &@*$^ is my bag?! And while the odds of a lost bag or just misplaced bag is low, you are more in control of your schedule if you have your bags with you.

We did a 1030 flight out of FLL 1st week of December. Sat and waited in the airport for 90 minutes plus, so plenty of time in our case. We let them take our luggage for 2 reasons which I understand work in your favor when trying to make an early flight out of FLL. A. we were on an Oasis class ship and B. we were in a suite.

This is my Port Everglades experience with self-disembarkation for a 10 am flight out of FLL the same day.

Expected arrival time into port Everglades at 7 am, but ship was docked already at 6 am. At 7 am, we went down to deck 5, - in line to be among the first to go ashore - already a huge queue for self-disembarkation!

7:15 am the queue did start to move and 8:45 we were off the ship in line for immigration.

Pretty fast and just before 8 am we entered a taxi (no waiting line) for the airport - 15 minutes to the airport - With United premier access and 'TSA Pre' check-in security took less that 20 minutes.

Well in time for our 10 am departure from FLL

Is 8:45 a typo? It took you 90 minutes just to get off the ship for self-disembarkation?

On an Oasis cruise out of FLL - we walked down at 6:45 and right off the ship for self-disembarkation. We were home by 7:20 west of Fort Lauderdale. I just wouldn't imagine Harmony is that much different than Oasis but who knows... maybe self was popular that day you were on it?

Edited by BNBR

I just wouldn't imagine Harmony is that much different than Oasis but who knows..

Harmony's scheduled arrival is a just 15 min later than the usual 6 AM arrival of Oasis class ships at PE. Making a 10:30 AM flight even without carrying luggage is doable, but for peace of mind, do self carry.

I've been sitting at my gate twice now at 7AM from getting off oasis class ships. I always book the 9am flight. Note - things can happen, but that's life in general - stuff happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by mpoole3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, you have all given me faith we'll make our 9:30 flight from getting off the Harmony. I have already downloaded the passport mobile app, we are all set there. Do you just show you phone to Custom's now? We are planning on being in group 1, so worse case we end up in FL another day. Thank you everyone.

Well, you have all given me faith we'll make our 9:30 flight from getting off the Harmony. I have already downloaded the passport mobile app, we are all set there. Do you just show you phone to Custom's now? We are planning on being in group 1, so worse case we end up in FL another day. Thank you everyone.

Within 4 hours of your disembarkation, you will need to fill in the details of your cruise and your customs declaration and submit them electronically. You'll receive an e-receipt which will be scanned at CBP primary, but you must also show your passport.

Within 4 hours of your disembarkation, you will need to fill in the details of your cruise and your customs declaration and submit them electronically. You'll receive an e-receipt which will be scanned at CBP primary, but you must also show your passport.

Thank you, I was wondering what the "receipts" tab was for. I tried to do a dummy one and I guess I just basically just have to choose all 5 names in my party, who are on my passport app already, answer 4 or 5 questions, put in the airport and airline and I should be good to go. I guess it just helps us not have to fill out the actually paperwork. Thank you again.;)

We have a 10:30 flight out of FLL after our Harmony cruise. Should we just plan to take our luggage off or put it out the night before? This is our first time on RCCL. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP. I just finished our online check in for Harmony. It would not let me complete it without choosing a departure flight after 11:30. We have a 10:30 flight from FLL. I could have chosen to state I was driving, but I listed the next flight out to my destination which is at 11:50. We are doing self assist getting off the ship, so I'm not sure how important my departure time really matters.

OP. I just finished our online check in for Harmony. It would not let me complete it without choosing a departure flight after 11:30. We have a 10:30 flight from FLL. I could have chosen to state I was driving, but I listed the next flight out to my destination which is at 11:50. We are doing self assist getting off the ship, so I'm not sure how important my departure time really matters.

I had the same issue. What RCI instructed me to do is choose taxi and put in the time you would like to disembark. Then once on board let Guest Services know about your flight information. Pray we all make our flights, as our's is 9:30, but with Harmony scheduled to dock at 6:30 we should be okay. Don't forget to download the "mobile passport" app, so you can be one step ahead when disembarking. Smooth sailing.

We have made 10 and 10:30 am flight before but we do self debarkation.

It will defiantly be much harder if you put your luggage out the night before.

So as long as you can handle your own luggage you should be ok....key word is should stuff can always happen.