Opinions on the Conquest...

mimxmom

Carnival Conquest is a great ship, happy crew, great ports.... but there is not a Serenity area on this ship. There is an adult only pool aft but is nothing like Serenity or the Sunshine. There are also two hot tubs in this area (also adult only). Other than that, it does have all the other upgrades.

We're going on her this Saturday for our 2nd time. Last was in 2015. The only thing I didn't like about it was that there was no Serenity Deck. However, since it's usually hard to find a spot on Serenity because it gets crowded, I wouldn't choose a ship based on having or not having Serenity Deck.

We are just of the Conquest and had a wonderful time. That being said, I can see how people say she shows her age/wear and tear. Nothing that ruined our vacation, but needs some freshening up which I hear she is due to get soon in the fall? We loved Guys burgers, Blue Iguana (breakfast burritos!) and the BBQ station had great pulled pork! The ship was pretty easy to navigate, although I do prefer a ship with an outside deck that goes all the way around. The crew was fantastic, so polite, referred to each of us by name and went out of their ways to make your day great in whatever way possible. We had a last minute switch to your time dining from late dining and except for the first night, service was extremely slow. Not sure why as the waitstaff was constantly working and coming around. We figured either too many folks showed up when we did and not enough staff, or the backup was in the kitchen. Didn't bother us except one night where we were late to the show because of it. This was not of our favorite cruises or ships, but we had a great time! We enjoyed the shows, the 80's one and Flick were our favorites. Piano bar and comedy clubs were also a great time! As for no serenity area, in my experience unless I am looking for a chair by myself, I have never gotten a spot so I didn't miss it. This cruise there were 3 of us looking for chairs together so that would have been even harder with serenity. If that is the only downfall for you, I say go for the Conquest anyway!

Depending on how much later you are looking in the year, you may get her after dry dock. She goes in for dry dock 9/30 and finishes 10/13.

That being said, the Conquest was a fine cruise for us. Not great. But good. The staff was a little off in my opinion, but we ended up with a different CD than scheduled, and the whole ship seemed a little off (maybe due to adjustment?) Our replacement CD was awful, so that didn't help.

We have the Conquest booked for this year and I'm really glad to see others seem to like her. I booked for the itinerary and not the ship itself. It's probably the first time I have ever booked JUST based on the ports and not even looked at the ship itself yet to see what she has to offer. Glad to hear it has a Guys. :D

We have the Conquest booked for this year and I'm really glad to see others seem to like her. I booked for the itinerary and not the ship itself. It's probably the first time I have ever booked JUST based on the ports and not even looked at the ship itself yet to see what she has to offer. Glad to hear it has a Guys. :D

Yay! Another review coming! :)

Which itinerary did you pick?

Opinions are just that, so here goes. I'm typing this on my phone in a lido cabin on the Conquest now. This is our 4th time on the Conquest and we loved the Magic both times.

The positives: we love this class, having sailed the Glory, Liberty, Freedom and Conquest. Haley is a super cruise director. The first two production shows were very good, the food has also been good.

The bad: it looks like half the crew is missing. Dinner took 90 minutes on the first three nights. Drink orders were wrong, the lido ares take a long time for tables to get cleaned, there is an absence of cruise staff as the production dancers did the sail away party and the ship needs a good power washing. If dress guidelines are your thing stay away. Basketball shorts and hats at the first formal dinner last night, guys without shirts and women without swim cover ups getting lunch were the norm. The Conquest is 14 years old remember.

The one thing I don't like about the Magic is you don't look down from your balcony and see the waves and water on the hull. You see deck 5 and they see you.

I might scare some people in the mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by BallFour4

We just got off the Conquest on New Years. We only picked that cruise because of the ports and dates. We had a great time, loved the staff, loved Haley CD, thank goodness it has Guys and Alchemy bar. It's not our favorite ship but that could also be because we have 3 kids and love the waterworks and ropes course etc. which this ship doesn't have. We are booked on the Vista next and very excited.

I know many love the Conquest it just wasn't our favorite.

And today we are not being let off the ship as of 1:30pm here in San Juan. 11am was our scheduled time of arrival. The ship could not make speed.

This happened to us in San Juan on Conquest last week. It was very choppy and windy and it wasn't because the ship COULDN'T make speed it was because it had to pull into port slower than usual for safety. We got off an hour later than scheduled but they did let us stay an hour longer too.

Just off the Conquest over Christmas. Last year it was over NYE. Last year was Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, and Half Moon Cay. This year was Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maartin and St. Kitts. LOVE the ship. Some say Carnival's color scheme is ugly. I find it absolutely fascinating. There is color everywhere and something to look at wherever you are. The impressionistic theme is everywhere on Conquest. I keep noticing more everywhere I look.

I actually thought the ship was in better shape this year than last year. Didn't notice a problem with people underdressing at dinner. In fact, they seemed more dressed up this year than last. Several guys in tuxes. Suit jackets on non formal nights. Both itineraries were wonderful, but we've been to a lot of these places so sometimes we just stay on the ship (San Juan) and enjoy the quiet.

The bad: it looks like half the crew is missing. Dinner took 90 minutes on the first three nights. Drink orders were wrong, the lido ares take a long time for tables to get cleaned, there is an absence of cruise staff as the production dancers did the sail away party and the ship needs a good power washing. If dress guidelines are your thing stay away. Basketball shorts and hats at the first formal dinner last night, guys without shirts and women without swim cover ups getting lunch were the norm.

I agree we had the same experience in the main dining room except the first night. We had no issues with Lido being cleaned and cleared. In fact they seemed to be right there as soon as we finished to clear our plates. As far as the attire, we saw the same things mentioned here, but I don't think that is a Conquest thing, some folks just do their own thing if no one says anything. I have to say I don't care what folks wear to dinner, as long as they are clothed. But bathing suits without cover ups anywhere is just gross and unsanitary. At least wrap a towel around yourself people others of us will be sitting where you just sat to eat!:eek:

And today we are not being let off the ship as of 1:30pm here in San Juan. 11am was our scheduled time of arrival. The ship could not make speed.

Hi......do you have an update on this? Is there an issue with the ship? Sailing her in 26 days. Hope all is well!

Lisa

Hi......do you have an update on this? Is there an issue with the ship? Sailing her in 26 days. Hope all is well!

Lisa

Lisa, we are headed to St Thomas with no announcement of what happened. Nice night sailing from San Juan!

Edited by BallFour4