Any Diamonond members used MSC

and their status match. Just wondering what benefits you were given

I did my status match to Diamond a year ago and got Black Card. We sailed in April 2016.

To my recollection we received the following perks/benefits.

5% off of our cruise fare

Priority Check In - We had no line at all. From curbside to on the ship in under 40 minutes.

Champagne - a bottle per each member (my wife also got black card)

Chocolate covered strawberries

A fruit bowl

Two complimentary specialty restaurant dinners for 2

Two one hour thermal spa access passes

Robes to use / slippers to keep

MSC backpacks

Invitations to two separate cocktail parties

Free photo (not sure if this was black card, or part of the Fantastica level we booked)

We could stay in our room disembark day until 9 or 930 am if we wanted

Some other minor niceties.

For a family of 3 on a 7 day cruise I paid the same as 4 day cruise on an older Carnival ship. RCI is 2X to 2.5X MSC's pricing on many 7 day itineraries. The ship is beautiful and I was very pleased. You are not likely to find another mass market ship kept as spotlessly clean and gleaming. Carnival looked like a tramp freighter in comparison. Service was quite good, just not fake friendly in your face like some Americans believe means "good service." I thought the buffet blew away RCI, MDR about equal. Entertainment very good. I was able to purchase 18 cocktail vouchers for $84 as well.

I liked it so much I just booked a couple of weeks ago to go this spring again. MSC $1000 for 3 in an interior. RCI was $2800 for 3 in an Allure interior. Disney was $5800 for 3 in an interior; all the same week.

I am sure a couple could go on MSC any given week in a balcony for $1500 with all taxes and tips.

We booked the Musica for Feb2018 Rio de Janeiro here we come - yeah - and we get to go to carnaval during our pre cruise stay.

We have advised to wait until after our October cruise to do our loyalty match as we are only Emerald now but will be Diamond after the Australia cruise on Explorer- does anyone know if this is sound advice I don't usually use TAs so just wondering .

Thanks

Jo

I did my status match to Diamond a year ago and got Black Card. We sailed in April 2016.

To my recollection we received the following perks/benefits.

5% off of our cruise fare

Priority Check In - We had no line at all. From curbside to on the ship in under 40 minutes.

Champagne - a bottle per each member (my wife also got black card) - prosecco and should be only one per cabin

Chocolate covered strawberries

A fruit bowl

Two complimentary specialty restaurant dinners for 2 - it´s one per adult Black Member who can bring a companion

Two one hour thermal spa access passes - one hour per Black Member, but I was told I could use the voucher of my DH too

Robes to use / slippers to keep

MSC backpacks - no bagpacks, but some Black Member present (which was a thermo mug)

Invitations to two separate cocktail parties - one party for Black Members only (where you get the chocolate ship - one per cabin) and one Welcome Back party for all tiers

Free photo (not sure if this was black card, or part of the Fantastica level we booked)

We could stay in our room disembark day until 9 or 930 am if we wanted

Some other minor niceties.

At least that´s what it was last week.

steamboats

I sailed them about 15 years ago out of florida on a very old ship the Melody , reminded me of Costa really good Italian food

We also cruised for 2 summers out of Florida on the Melody. The MSC Melody was "The Big Red Boat" before MSC picked her up for their fleet. Funny thing, every time we docked somewhere, as the ship would rub up against the pier, the white paint would be scraped away, leaving the red paint exposed. The crew were constantly painting the hull. This was back in 1998 and 1999.

We remember MSC fondly, and look forward to once again sailing on some of the newer ships in the fleet.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Lets cut to the chase....Does MSC offer anything like the Diamond Club happy hour nightly?

Doug

No, nothing like that but when you take into account the much lower cost of the drink package and the cruise price overall it's not really needed.

Julie

We booked the Musica for Feb2018 Rio de Janeiro here we come - yeah - and we get to go to carnaval during our pre cruise stay.

We have advised to wait until after our October cruise to do our loyalty match as we are only Emerald now but will be Diamond after the Australia cruise on Explorer- does anyone know if this is sound advice I don't usually use TAs so just wondering .

Thanks

Jo

Hi Jo, I have read somewhere , don't ask me where, that if you change levels in one programme you cannot re apply to MSC's Status Match for the higher level so it does sound like good advice. I think it was someone's experience that they would have received a higher level if they had used another loyalty programme that they were higher on. It does not have to be a cruise line loyalty programme.

We have a B2B cruise next month on MSC, so looking forward to it.

Edited by heatherb1958