Dry-Aged Steaks at Chops Grille

The GF and I are sailing to Havana (and Costa Maya) on the Empress in April. I've made a reservation for Chops Grille for the first night, but have a question about their steaks:

Chops Grille offers a NY Strip as part of its regular menu, but also offers a "dry-aged" NY Strip for $18 more. Has anyone had it, and is it worth the extra $$$?

The GF and I are sailing to Havana (and Costa Maya) on the Empress in April. I've made a reservation for Chops Grille for the first night, but have a question about their steaks:

Chops Grille offers a NY Strip as part of its regular menu, but also offers a "dry-aged" NY Strip for $18 more. Has anyone had it, and is it worth the extra $$$?

The reg steaks are very good! no reason to order the dry-aged

This past summer was the best meal we had in Chops in years.

We sailed the Allure and just ordered off the regular menu and our steaks were excellent.

DH and DD had their steaks and I had the veal chop.

It had to have been one of the best in years.

Good Luck.

Sounding like it is hit or miss.

We were lucky.

We ate at Chops in Navigator right after the menu change. A couple at the neighboring table asked us if we got the dry aged, and we said no. She said she had bought it, and she wouldn't do it again.

Of note, that was a very badly run Chops. The head waiter didn't check on us, and our waiter disappeared until the bill. So, other Chops may be fine.

While they said it was dry aged, they didn't mention whether it was certified.

I guess the other steaks are wet aged.

IF it's dry aged, you shouldn't need a knife.

Edited by knittinggirl

The regular steaks at Chops have been downgraded and IMHO are not very good anymore. I don't feel the restaurant is worth the cost of a cover charge plus a steak upgrade, so we've cut back on going. When we do dine at Chops it's with a BOGO or their new First Night Done Right at $15pp.

Have ordered it twice and have mixed reviews. One time in 2015 on the Brilliance and just recently on the Serenade. It was terrific on the Brilliance; however it was not so good on the Serenade. My mom's regular filet was much better on the Serenade.

Chops has been hit and miss for me over the years when it comes to food and service.

We just came off Harmony of the seas Chops did not offer. The dried age steak but Jaime Olivers did. My son ordered it and sent it back in return he had the baby lamb chops which he said was excellent. I don't know if the steak was good cause it was holiday week.

We just came off Harmony of the seas Chops did not offer. The dried age steak but Jaime Olivers did. My son ordered it and sent it back in return he had the baby lamb chops which he said was excellent. I don't know if the steak was good cause it was holiday week.

Chops menu online still has the aged steaks. strange. I know the menus are "suggested" menus, but still, I am trying to base my reservations on these menus.

also it does say 'DRY-aged"

Just left the Liberty of the Seas today, ate at Chops last night, absolutely far better than my last 2 visits to Chops on other ships. The steaks (non extra cost) all agreed were excellent, as was the service! Bon Appetit

Just returned from the Jan 2 sailing on the Allure . We were lucky enough to eat at Chops on night three at it was the best meal of my life. I did order the dry-aged strip and it was worth every penny. The food and the service was out of this world. Cheers !