American Table say it aint so

will76rocks

Pretty concerned about all this American table menu talk in the MDR. Now we were on Triumph in 2015 and loved the "Didjas" along with the other fare. We leave on Breeze in April and really hope the MDR menu hasn't changed much. I dont need a full menu, but would like to know if I can get escargot and alligator fritters. We have the kids this go-round, I cant wait to watch them try the frog legs!!!!

Don't worry, the American Table will still have the "Didjas". But a word of caution, it seems that with this new menu, the quality of the food has declined. Some will disagree with me, and some won't. However, based off of our last cruise (August) with American Table, the food wasn't great and was always served on the luke warm side. That being said, we didn't exactly go hungry. lol. Have fun on your upcoming vacation.

I haven't experienced AT but from the menus posted with reviews I have seen frogs legs on the menu. But not the gator fritters.They changed the name of the Didja Ever? section but it's still there. It's now called Rare Finds. I mean, Didja Ever? LOL

Edited by cruise pup

We are just off the Triumph and they did have the escargot as an appetizer on both the 4 and 5 day menus, as well as frog legs. I don't know if they had alligator fritters but I do recall they had alligator on the menu at least once while we were there. For me the most interesting item was the quail, as I had never had that before.

Edited by cloudninecat

We didn't find any change in the food quality with the new menus. DW did have trouble finding something she wanted to eat because there are fewer choices but she was always able to select something, even if it wasn't what she wanted at the time. I do remember having escargot (two servings :o) and remember seeing frogs legs on the menu (had them once and didn't fall in love with them) and don't remember seeing gator fritters.

I haven't experienced AT but from the menus posted with reviews I have seen frogs legs on the menu. But not the gator fritters.They changed the name of the Didja Ever? section but it's still there. It's now called Rare Finds. I mean, Didja Ever? LOL

Have to agree have had the AT menu 3 times and have not been impressed at all. Yes we can find things we like but getting harder. Also the taste of the food is declining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to agree have had the AT menu 3 times and have not been impressed at all. Yes we can find things we like but getting harder. Also the taste of the food is declining.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really? There are way more choices on the new American table menus. We get disappointed now at the more limited offerings on ships without American table. In particular we miss the local port of call foods.

Don't worry, the American Table will still have the "Didjas". But a word of caution, it seems that with this new menu, the quality of the food has declined. Some will disagree with me, and some won't. However, based off of our last cruise (August) with American Table, the food wasn't great and was always served on the luke warm side. That being said, we didn't exactly go hungry. lol. Have fun on your upcoming vacation.

This ! If they didn't serve lobster I Wouldn't waste the time eating in the MDR just the one night. All the good food went to their pay venues . Now its like a buffet just with more people and longer a wait time.

May as well eat at the buffet on Lido ,at least you have a better chance of getting warmer food.

I had the escargot and rabbit, saw the frog legs and passed since I didn't like them the 1st time, and really missed the Bitter n Blanc dessert that is no longer offered. They have a Grand Marnier souffle which is similar, instead.

I know people are resistant to change, that said, we have experienced the new menu 4 or 5 times over the last 18 months, and while there are things that are no longer there that we miss (cappuccino pie as an example) .... some of the new items mainly the pre and post meal items, but not exclusively) we enjoyed and thankful for the changes some of which are fairly unique and were welcomed (specifically on the Vista).

NO LOBSTER offered on our 7-day Christmas cruise on the Glory a couple of weeks ago. VERY disappointing! (Well, you could pay $20 extra for it, but it was no longer included in the cruise price.)

We agree that the food quality in general is noticeably declining from a year or two ago. For example, the stuffed mushrooms are now served embedded in a spongy orange-colored sauce. The Reuben Sandwich is not made with real corned beef. The Deli no longer offers potato chips. The breakfast buffet used to offer a large number of cooked foods -- now 1/3 of it is boxed cereals.

DH enjoyed the braised ox tongue both weeks we were on the Magic. It was one of the rare finds and he loved. Other apps we found - fried oysters, cured salmon, and duck.

We had lots of seafood including lobster twice, steaks, pasta and for the frsit time ever - pork chops. We tried them because one of our nearby table mates raved at how good they were and she was right.

I had bitter 'n blanc, creme brulee (2x) s'mores parfait (2x), banana bread pudding, chocolate penna cotta, cannoli (2x in the Italian restaurant), and a few more in the 15 days. Only had WCMC once, which was a first for me. I decided I wanted to try as many new things that cruise.

NO LOBSTER offered on our 7-day Christmas cruise on the Glory a couple of weeks ago. VERY disappointing! (Well, you could pay $20 extra for it, but it was no longer included in the cruise price.)

We agree that the food quality in general is noticeably declining from a year or two ago. For example, the stuffed mushrooms are now served embedded in a spongy orange-colored sauce. The Reuben Sandwich is not made with real corned beef. The Deli no longer offers potato chips. The breakfast buffet used to offer a large number of cooked foods -- now 1/3 of it is boxed cereals.

No potato chips....I am selling my CCL stock. I am actually shocked at no lobster, as the cruise before you had it and it's been on every 6 day or longer cruise we have taken on CCL. Did you ask why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums