Explorer LA to Miami Panama Canal Jan 15-30

purpleally

In answer to the internet question earlier in the thread, I noticed a marked improvement in the speed though I think I'm in the minority. I was always able to post my blog, usually before I turned in at night and unlike on other cruises, it always uploaded in a single go - I never had to sign in half way through or try again. My record was on voyager (I think) when I "tried again" over 30 times! Now, I should say that I compose my blog post offline, (I used MS LiveWriter) and then upload it to my bloghost Squarespace as a complete, formatted post. The pictures are all resized before I insert them too.

During the day, it was often slower than first thing in the morning and last thing at night - unsurprisingly, though I generally had no trouble getting online to check email or do a quick FB update. Having said that, there were a couple of days when the connection was "spotty" and there is no doubt that using Chrome as my browser maintained the connection more readily than using Firefox, which continually logged out.

One night at dinner, a couple at a nearby table were face-timing their family. We were delighted they got that to work. Not.

One night at dinner, a couple at a nearby table were face-timing their family. We were delighted they got that to work. Not.

Facetiming your family: Not necessarily a bad thing.

Facetiming your family at dinner: What the #ell is wrong with people?!?

Where's the 'facepalm' smiley??

That happened to us at dinner on our last cruise. The table next to us was Face-timing - passing the phone around the table - speaking loudly...... omg - it was awful. Maybe this is something else that Regent needs to address since some people don't seem to care about those around them.

On a happier note, I guess this proves that you can indeed use Face-time on the Explorer:o

That happened to us at dinner on our last cruise. The table next to us was Face-timing - passing the phone around the table - speaking loudly...... omg - it was awful. Maybe this is something else that Regent needs to address since some people don't seem to care about those around them.

On a happier note, I guess this proves that you can indeed use Face-time on the Explorer:o

I can't believe people would do that at dinner! I FaceTimed twice on Explorer, once in my suite & the other time in the atrium late at night--and I still felt like I was being too loud!!

Some people.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a wonderful time at the Sunday Brunch. We thought the food and presentation was excellent. We paced ourselves and had four courses. We started with sushi, sashimi and great shrimp. We had champagne but then Shel decided Aquavit made more sense. A very helpful and accommodating bar person went up to the pool bar to bring back a very generous glass of it. I even managed a few sips to help out. Next course was ham with soft cheese balls on a crunch roll. Third course was some more of the above with some sushi. To finish it off the very nice crepe maker filled my crepe with Nutella, fresh Raspberries and some cream cheese I brought over. All this at a table for two by the window with a view of a sunny day and a sparkling ocean.

Thank you Regent for a great start to a day that included packing.

Overall one of our best cruises ever. The Explorer is a beautiful ship. I did not find it glitzy at all. I think I most enjoyed Compass Rose's decor on that Sunday morning where the muted blue of the furnishings showed so well against the white of the room.

Next trip is on the Voyager to Asia and beyond but will return to the Explorer for the Caribbean. At this stage the itinerary is not as compelling as the overall experience. Plus reduced air travel is a definite plus.

We had a wonderful time at the Sunday Brunch. We thought the food and presentation was excellent. We paced ourselves and had four courses. We started with sushi, sashimi and great shrimp. We had champagne but then Shel decided Aquavit made more sense. A very helpful and accommodating bar person went up to the pool bar to bring back a very generous glass of it. I even managed a few sips to help out. Next course was ham with soft cheese balls on a crunch roll. Third course was some more of the above with some sushi. To finish it off the very nice crepe maker filled my crepe with Nutella, fresh Raspberries and some cream cheese I brought over. All this at a table for two by the window with a view of a sunny day and a sparkling ocean.

Thank you Regent for a great start to a day that included packing.

Overall one of our best cruises ever. The Explorer is a beautiful ship. I did not find it glitzy at all. I think I most enjoyed Compass Rose's decor on that Sunday morning where the muted blue of the furnishings showed so well against the white of the room.

Next trip is on the Voyager to Asia and beyond but will return to the Explorer for the Caribbean. At this stage the itinerary is not as compelling as the overall experience. Plus reduced air travel is a definite plus.

So glad to read that you and Shel had as wonderful an experience as Dennis and I. We also do not find the Explorer "glitzy" and the more time we spend on her, we simply find her comfortable and the best ship of the fleet!

Which Voyager Asia trip did you book?

• 2 weeks later...
Facetiming your family: Not necessarily a bad thing.

Facetiming your family at dinner: What the #ell is wrong with people?!?

Where's the 'facepalm' smiley??

We have friends that do that, just kills me. I told them if they take phones, ipads to any meal we'll sit a another table. It worked they leave them

behind when dining with us. Rick

We have friends that do that, just kills me. I told them if they take phones, ipads to any meal we'll sit a another table. It worked they leave them

behind when dining with us. Rick

Ha ha. When the g'kids come to our place for dinner the baseball caps and all toys are parked at the door. We believe in dinner conversation. It turns quite lively sometimes and we love kt

My wife and her colleagues do a thing when they go to dinner - they all stack their cell phones in the middle of the table. Anyone who grabs theirs to check mail or calls has to pick up the check.

Guess that wouldn't work so well on Regent, huh? Unless the table has gotten way deep in the reserve wine list.