AARP gift cards restocked

Can'tWait2SetSail

• 2 months later...

I'll ask this question here because in the bigger AARP thread, some are getting all bent out of shape because newcomers to the thread aren't reading through the 100+ pages to find the answer to a question that was already answered. No, I'm not being lazy, I've read through plenty of long threads before to learn about different things, but it's silly to go digging through over 100 pages for an answer that can be given again quickly by someone who doesn't mind helping.

With that said, I've read that you don't have to be a member of AARP in order to use the site to get the Carnival gift cards and that all you need to do is register to the site. It's to my understanding that you have to earn points in order to get the 10% discount on the cards, correct? If so, is it possible to earn these points without actually being a member of AARP? Thank you.

I'll ask this question here because in the bigger AARP thread, some are getting all bent out of shape because newcomers to the thread aren't reading through the 100+ pages to find the answer to a question that was already answered. No, I'm not being lazy, I've read through plenty of long threads before to learn about different things, but it's silly to go digging through over 100 pages for an answer that can be given again quickly by someone who doesn't mind helping.

With that said, I've read that you don't have to be a member of AARP in order to use the site to get the Carnival gift cards and that all you need to do is register to the site. It's to my understanding that you have to earn points in order to get the 10% discount on the cards, correct? If so, is it possible to earn these points without actually being a member of AARP? Thank you.

Yes, sign up for the Aarp rewards for good site. I don't remember how many points they give you just for that, but you can take quizzes to earn more points. You need 1,000 for a $100 card and I think 5,000 for a $500. You also get points for signing in daily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Quick Tip....

If you have a fitbit you can connect it to your AARP account and get points that way.

I am only 30 and just signed up. Because of my fitbit I have over 10k points now. Will be grabbing a few Carnival cards as soon as they are back in stock!!

Quick Tip....

If you have a fitbit you can connect it to your AARP account and get points that way.

I am only 30 and just signed up. Because of my fitbit I have over 10k points now. Will be grabbing a few Carnival cards as soon as they are back in stock!!

I thought they would not give me credit for my lifetime awards I already hit... then I refreshed and now have 17,925 points! Thats 3 $500 when they show up...

Now to setup a reminder to check ever day or so.

I thought they would not give me credit for my lifetime awards I already hit... then I refreshed and now have 17,925 points! Thats 3 $500 when they show up...

AWESOME! I wasn't sure either but wear mine daily so figured WHY NOT!? Hoping to grab two $100 for my upcoming 4 day.

Does anyone know what time of the day the Awards for Good site is updated? I am hoping to get the Carnival Gift Card but they are always sold out by the time I check. I go on the site daily to check, but I guess I'm going on at the wrong time.

It's pretty random - sometimes right before Midnight, sometimes early in the morning, sometimes during business hours.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Yes, sign up for the Aarp rewards for good site. I don't remember how many points they give you just for that, but you can take quizzes to earn more points. You need 1,000 for a $100 card and I think 5,000 for a $500. You also get points for signing in daily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much. Now all I have to do is sign up, rack up some points, and keep an eye out for them to restock.

Quick Tip....

We don't have fitbits, but my wife has a couple family members who do. And they happen to be going on our next cruise with us. I wonder if I can create an AARP account, link their fitbits to it to help us rack up points, then get multiple cards between now and our cruise and split them between us?

Does anyone know approximately how long until they are re-stocked and available again?

There is no schedule. You just have to keep checking. I purchased some on March 10, then again today.

Does anyone know what time of the day the Awards for Good site is updated? I am hoping to get the Carnival Gift Card but they are always sold out by the time I check. I go on the site daily to check, but I guess I'm going on at the wrong time.

My last purchase they were loaded onto the site in the evening, I happened to be checking and caught them. This time it was the morning. Seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Thank you very much. Now all I have to do is sign up, rack up some points, and keep an eye out for them to restock.

We don't have fitbits, but my wife has a couple family members who do. And they happen to be going on our next cruise with us. I wonder if I can create an AARP account, link their fitbits to it to help us rack up points, then get multiple cards between now and our cruise and split them between us?

Give it a try! They will just need to login to their Fitbit account from the aarp site like I did this morning. Worth it if they already use their fitbits!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I check at least twice a day and always miss the $500 card. I know I can get 5 - $100 cards but it's a pain to apply them all to my balance due.