Will cruise ships leave port earlier than scheduled?

lovelearnteach

Has this happened to you or anyone you know?

Not a cruise ship- but rather a training ship with hundreds aboard. Berthed in Okinawa, we had to "get out of Dodge" ahead of schedule due to approaching typhoon. Blast e-mail got everyone back in plenty of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a cruise ship- but rather a training ship with hundreds aboard. Berthed in Okinawa, we had to "get out of Dodge" ahead of schedule due to approaching typhoon. Blast e-mail got everyone back in plenty of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What does this have to do with the post?

Edited by coevan

They also will if everyone is onboard in a port.

Royal left a bunch of folks on CoCo Cay once when storms prevented tender operation. It was a cold night. Worth Googling...

Edited by BallFour4

I was at Half Moon Cay this past Thursday. It was windy but as the ship and tender area on shore was on the lee side of the island, tendering went on as schedule. However, we received written notice that if there were 5 blasts of the ship's horn, we needed to report back to the tenders immediately as the ship would leave early if there was a shift in wind direction.

I was at Half Moon Cay this past Thursday. It was windy but as the ship and tender area on shore was on the lee side of the island, tendering went on as schedule. However, we received written notice that if there were 5 blasts of the ship's horn, we needed to report back to the tenders immediately as the ship would leave early if there was a shift in wind direction.

All right if your within hearing of the ships horn, many tours wouldn't be in other ports.

Edited by GUT2407

All right if your within hearing of the ships horn, many tours wouldn't be in other ports.

True, but we were in Half Moon Cay. On other occasions (such as when an RCCL ship had to leave San Juan early due to an approaching hurricane), the operators of the ship's excursions received phone calls to hurry back in to port.

What does this have to do with the post?

So maybe I'm crazy but the OP asked if a cruise ship had ever left early. This reply was mentioning that while they don't have experience with a cruise ship leaving early, they have seen ships have to leave early because of weather. So this reply was being helpful to the OP by stating that there are circumstances which may necessitate an early departure and that hypothetically speaking it could also happen to cruise ships. The assumption was backed up by following posts which mention that cruise ships will also leave early for weather if necessary. Hope that helps.