Trolls Meet and Greets

Beckyb3

Does anybody know if trolls meet and greets are happening regularly on any of the ships or was this just something special for the movie coming out? My girls are obsessed with trolls. I had just about decided to book a Disney cruise but when I saw that the trolls might be on Royal Caribbean now I am reconsidering. Either way this would be our first cruise with the girls.

Does anybody know if trolls meet and greets are happening regularly on any of the ships or was this just something special for the movie coming out? My girls are obsessed with trolls. I had just about decided to book a Disney cruise but when I saw that the trolls might be on Royal Caribbean now I am reconsidering. Either way this would be our first cruise with the girls.

Lots of trolls on these boards, but this is the first I've heard of trolls aboard RCI ships.

Hello! We were on the Oasis for the Christmas cruise. Poppy and Branch had a meet and greet one night where they did a few songs and then took pictures with people. Also, on Labadee they have a Trolls scavenger hunt on the island that includes meeting Poppy and Branch. Later after getting back on the ship for those on the excursion, there was a Trolls dance party with snacks, music/dancing, and the kids got a Trolls coloring book/coloring kit. My twins who are 5 enjoyed the party a lot- even though only one of them is a huge Trolls fan. Hope this helps!

After the predictable responses that people think are clever, I have not seen many updates to the original Dreamworks characters brought on the ship, was it back in 2013? If they have updated the list of characters on board, I haven't seen any and trolls was a late 2016 movie wasn't it?

After the predictable responses that people think are clever, I have not seen many updates to the original Dreamworks characters brought on the ship, was it back in 2013? If they have updated the list of characters on board, I haven't seen any and trolls was a late 2016 movie wasn't it?

Not necessarily clever, but showing a little sense of humour....these forums can sometimes do with a little [emoji1]

Earlier posts indicate they have had the Trolls characters aboard some ships

Ovation of the Seas is currently showing the movie in 3D in the theatre (but no character appearances)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Hello! We were on the Oasis for the Christmas cruise. Poppy and Branch had a meet and greet one night where they did a few songs and then took pictures with people. Also, on Labadee they have a Trolls scavenger hunt on the island that includes meeting Poppy and Branch. Later after getting back on the ship for those on the excursion, there was a Trolls dance party with snacks, music/dancing, and the kids got a Trolls coloring book/coloring kit. My twins who are 5 enjoyed the party a lot- even though only one of them is a huge Trolls fan. Hope this helps!

My Granddaughters are looking forward to this on our upcoming Oasis cruise.

Clever was never intended, just a little humor on a dreary day. Sometimes people need to lighten up a :Dbit.

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked a trolls photo safari (i think that's what it's called) excursion for my 4 year old.

Here's the description:

Gather your crew for an exciting Labadee photo safari the whole family will love, as you follow clues to help Poppy and the DreamWorks Trolls find their friends — plus score your very own treasure at trail’s end. Your quest begins on board the ship, where you’ll meet Poppy and grab your safari map from the Adventure Ocean team. Once ashore in Labadee, head out on a trail that leads you to four DreamWorks characters who will challenge you to complete daring adventures at each stop, while snapping photos along the way. Find all four friends and you’ll receive a Trolls backpack full of goodies. Your tour includes one-hour entrance to Arawak Aqua Park in Columbus Cove, home to a giant floating trampoline and the only icebergs in the Caribbean. Enjoy free time in Labadee to shop around the straw market, lounge on Nellie’s Beach, or lunch at the complimentary barbecue buffet. Then head back to the ship and throw on your dancing shoes for a DreamWorks after-party with Poppy and Branch, complete with lively tunes, cupcakes and cookies. Ready, set, hair we go!

my daughter is going to be SO excited!!

Note: it's ages 4 and up.. it's free for adults and $39 per child.

Would love to read a review of the Trolls Labadee shore excursion. My kids are not fans of the Arawak water park, so will probably skip it, even though they are Troll-obsessed. The package seems a little geared toward younger kids (with adults free), yet the waterpark is really best for older kids (My opinion, YMMV).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to be aboard the Freedom OTS and make a stop in Labadee. The excursion description does say help King Julien and the DreamWorks Trolls find their friends, and 4 dreamworks characters. It is not specific as to which 4 characters are going to be there. It would be great if anyone been on Freedom OTS (or any other similar class ships) that went to that excursion can confirm if the Trolls characters are actually part of the excursion.

We are going to be aboard the Freedom OTS and make a stop in Labadee. The excursion description does say help King Julien and the DreamWorks Trolls find their friends, and 4 dreamworks characters. It is not specific as to which 4 characters are going to be there. It would be great if anyone been on Freedom OTS (or any other similar class ships) that went to that excursion can confirm if the Trolls characters are actually part of the excursion.

From what I read on the Labadee excursion board, you don't see any characters until you get back on the ship. The characters they refer to finding are the statues on Labadee. There's a trolls dance party back onboard after and they have live characters there.

I just booked a trolls photo safari (i think that's what it's called) excursion for my 4 year old.

Here's the description:

my daughter is going to be SO excited!!

Note: it's ages 4 and up.. it's free for adults and $39 per child.

What is really weird is that the photo safari with water slide is also free for adults but $10 more for kids. Haven't tried booking without kids to see if an adult can get a free ride on the slide.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I read on the Labadee excursion board, you don't see any characters until you get back on the ship. The characters they refer to finding are the statues on Labadee. There's a trolls dance party back onboard after and they have live characters there.

In that case, I doubt that there will be Trolls character in the dance party back onboard then. I was ready to book but apparently it has a 48" minimum height requirement when I was at checkout on cruise planner. That's the only place that talks about the restriction anywhere on the site.

Trolls had a meet and greet last week on Harmony. Actually, we saw Poppy and Branch, and I recall seeing another one listed in the Compass later in the week. I think that might have been some different character. (Sorry, not up on Trolls)

So yes, Royal is definitely still featuring them.