How Far in Advance to Book Hotel Room

ridgerunner51

We will be leaving on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale early December 2017. How far in advance should we book a pre-cruise hotel room?

Thanks!

BOOK IT NOW. Book a cancellable rate in case something else comes along or in case your plans charge for your cruise. We know too many people who wait until 2-3 months before the cruise only to find out anything remotely reasonable is gone. First weekend in December is the Ft. Lauderdale BOAT parade, too.

Edited by internetwhiz

We leave November 4, and I just booked over the weekend. I found several of my choices were already fully booked.

The first weekend in November in FLL is the annual Boat and Yacht show. Largest one around. Many salespeople and BOAT buyers are in town besides all the folks that cruise. Book early. We have been booked for this weekend for a couple of months now, for November.

We will be leaving on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale early December 2017. How far in advance should we book a pre-cruise hotel room?

Thanks!

You know, making a hotel reservation is not like it's a wedding vow and can be broken and canceled any time...Oh, wait...

Anyway...Make one as soon as you can, but keep looking for a better deal then file for divorce...I mean cancel the starter booking.

Edited by Lido_Deck

BOOK IT NOW. Book a cancellable rate in case something else comes along or in case your plans charge for your cruise. We know too many people who wait until 2-3 months before the cruise only to find out anything remotely reasonable is gone. First weekend in December is the Ft. Lauderdale BOAT parade, too.

Thanks everyone! Thanks Internetwhiz for the advice about the Fort Lauderdale BOAT parade. I had no idea!

It is so cool. We were there for it twice. They decorate their boats for Christmas and have a parade up and down the waterway.

We have had 3 years of Transatlantics that came in on that Boat and Yacht show date. I have heard gnashing of teeth as people hunt to find a room under $250.

Edited by internetwhiz

Book NOW, but be sure the reservation can be cancelled (1-3 days prior to reservation date)!

Some places will hook you with a good low rate now, but then you are locked in.

Keep checking (every month or so) for a better deal (at your hotel and others).

We do this all the time, everywhere.

Thanks everyone! Thanks Internetwhiz for the advice about the Fort Lauderdale BOAT parade. I had no idea!

Actually, the boat parade is the second Saturday...December 9, 2017, but it doesn't put much pressure on Ft Lauderdale hotel except for the three or four on the parade route.

We will arive December 7th. I just made reservations at the Hampton Airport North, since we are HH members. Thanks!!

Check the rate of Hampton Inn Plantation. They have both an airport shuttle and a Port Everglades shuttle at no charge.

We leave November 4, and I just booked over the weekend. I found several of my choices were already fully booked.

We are cruising Nov 4 too. I believe the International Boat Show is that weekend so every hotel is starting to fill up. We ran into that problem two years ago and we stayed in Deerfield Beach (we had a rental car...because we had traveled to Key West).

I have spent today booking hotels and so far I have booked three: Embassy Suite (it says not available on website, but you have to get to a reservationist in the hotel and not central number because they show it booked as well); Hampton Suite Airport and Comfort Suites.

Embassy seems to be the best deal for us since we will have three children with us (i.e. bigger room and breakfast, even though I hear rooms need to be updated, but for one night, we don't care)

We are cruising Nov 4 too. I believe the International Boat Show is that weekend so every hotel is starting to fill up. We ran into that problem two years ago and we stayed in Deerfield Beach (we had a rental car...because we had traveled to Key West).

I have spent today booking hotels and so far I have booked three: Embassy Suite (it says not available on website, but you have to get to a reservationist in the hotel and not central number because they show it booked as well); Hampton Suite Airport and Comfort Suites.

Embassy seems to be the best deal for us since we will have three children with us (i.e. bigger room and breakfast, even though I hear rooms need to be updated, but for one night, we don't care)

It is that weekend. We come in on Freedom TA on Nov 5, and are staying the night of the fifth.

The first weekend in November in FLL is the annual Boat and Yacht show. Largest one around. Many salespeople and BOAT buyers are in town besides all the folks that cruise. Book early. We have been booked for this weekend for a couple of months now, for November.

We booked today for November 4th because of the boat show. We ran into that problem two years ago...we end up staying at Wyndam Deerfield Beach, but we had a rental car at the time.

Actually, the Winterfest Boat Parade is always the second Saturday in December but I agree, book now.

Just an FYI about FLIBS, if your favorite hotel is sold out for that November weekend, like the Embassy, go to the FLIBS website and you can book through them.