Gratuities on RCL

Gwendy

I know RCL have removed gratuities for Australian cruises, but my travel agent has told me that there are no tips required for Asian cruises booked and paid for in Australia. Cruise is from Hong Kong to Singapore. Has anyone any experience with this? Will ring RCI tomorrow, can't find anything useful on their website or RCL board.

I have booked a Panama Canal for September 2018 with Celebrity and my TA was advised by Celebrity any cruises booked since December (could be a bit earlier) gratuities are included in the price, wherever the cruise is sailing. The gratuities have not been removed it is a incorporated in the total price you pay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know RCL have removed gratuities for Australian cruises, but my travel agent has told me that there are no tips required for Asian cruises booked and paid for in Australia. Cruise is from Hong Kong to Singapore. Has anyone any experience with this? Will ring RCI tomorrow, can't find anything useful on their website or RCL board.

It's only Australian cruise intineries booked by an Australian travel agent

Sent from my SM-A500YZ using Forums mobile app

It's only Australian cruise intineries booked by an Australian travel agent

Sent from my SM-A500YZ using Forums mobile app

Sorry it is any cruise booked here with RCL group - as I said I booked a Panama Canal cruise for September 2018, I normally pick the Classic Beverage and prepaid Gratuities as my perks with Celebrity. As the price already includes prepaid gratuities it has been replaced with $150 onboard credit. You can go onto the Celebrity website and complete a dummy booking and you will see this perk is no longer available and replaced with $150 on board credit and then do a dummy booking on the U S website and the prepaid perk is there.

Sorry it is any cruise booked here with RCL group - as I said I booked a Panama Canal cruise for September 2018, I normally pick the Classic Beverage and prepaid Gratuities as my perks with Celebrity. As the price already includes prepaid gratuities it has been replaced with $150 onboard credit. You can go onto the Celebrity website and complete a dummy booking and you will see this perk is no longer available and replaced with $150 on board credit and then do a dummy booking on the U S website and the prepaid perk is there.

Thanks for that, seemed a bit too good to be true. Yes I know they have not removed the gratuities, just incorporated them in the cruise pricing. Clever marketing for Australians who think they have a bargain. Lol

Correct, There was a CC article about this about a month ago.:D

Thanks for that, seemed a bit too good to be true. Yes I know they have not removed the gratuities, just incorporated them in the cruise pricing. Clever marketing for Australians who think they have a bargain. Lol

For the Cruise I am looking at in December, The Australia price including the Gratuities is approx £800 Cheaper than UK prices and $750 cheaper than US Prices.

If thats Clever marketing, I'll have that all day:D

For the Cruise I am looking at in December, The Australia price including the Gratuities is approx £800 Cheaper than UK prices and $750 cheaper than US Prices.

If thats Clever marketing, I'll have that all day:D

Regional pricing occurs everywhere. Sometimes you can make it work in your favour, if you can, go for it.:D

Regional pricing occurs everywhere. Sometimes you can make it work in your favour, if you can, go for it.:D

When they announced it they said existing pricing wouldn't change. And that certainly appears to be the case so far.

It may change in future, but for now it appears surprisingly that they have worn the gratuities cost on our behalf. :D

When they announced it they said existing pricing wouldn't change. And that certainly appears to be the case so far.

It may change in future, but for now it appears surprisingly that they have worn the gratuities cost on our behalf. :D

A nice change.

That is why I suggested they go for it, it is a great saving.

I am not sure on this as I purchase the beverage package which includes the 18% gratuities

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is included already and a much better deal to pre purchase rather than buying once on board.:D

Just talked to RCI who confirmed that gratuities included in the price for all cruises sold in Australia. This includes the Hong Kong to Singapore cruise I was considering.

Would love to buy the drinks package but one wine with dinner and a couple of soft drinks will just have to buy as I go. Lol

Just talked to RCI who confirmed that gratuities included in the price for all cruises sold in Australia. This includes the Hong Kong to Singapore cruise I was considering.

Would love to buy the drinks package but one wine with dinner and a couple of soft drinks will just have to buy as I go. Lol

For that level of consumption you'll definitely make a bigger saving just paying by the drink. :)

Have tey also cancelled the 18% 'tip' for drinks?[/QE]

We came off the Solstice a couple of weeks ago, nothing on the docket mentioning 18% gratitudes but the drinks are not cheap on the Solstice, Crown was $11 American Dollars, wine between $9 and $13 a glass, cocktails from $9 up to $16 American dollars, not cheap when you do the exchange.

That is why you get the beverage package before you board - the prices don't matter, it has all been paid for unless you go for the signature martini - that is if you are on the premium package [emoji483][emoji483]

Have tey also cancelled the 18% 'tip' for drinks?[/QE]

We came off the Solstice a couple of weeks ago, nothing on the docket mentioning 18% gratitudes but the drinks are not cheap on the Solstice, Crown was $11 American Dollars, wine between $9 and $13 a glass, cocktails from $9 up to $16 American dollars, not cheap when you do the exchange.

This is why we get the drinks package as a perk, so it seems like we are not paying for it, and then there is no bill shock at the end of the cruise.

I have had to weigh up the whole beverage package thing for my upcoming solstice trip.

No perks for my inside room but I don't drink nearly enough alcohol. I knew I would drink earl grey tea and Perrier and lemon lime and bitters so I went for a non alcoholic package to lessen the bill shock. My calculations made it worthwhile.

But any donations to my martini [emoji483] fund will be gratefully accepted [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have had to weigh up the whole beverage package thing for my upcoming solstice trip.

No perks for my inside room but I don't drink nearly enough alcohol. I knew I would drink earl grey tea and Perrier and lemon lime and bitters so I went for a non alcoholic package to lessen the bill shock. My calculations made it worthwhile.

But any donations to my martini [emoji483] fund will be gratefully accepted [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like anything, it is best to work out what your needs are and then see if it is worth getting a package or not, especially if you have to purchase one.