New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Yes... current T&C...

"In the instance that an individual upgrades to a higher stateroom category a point shall only be awarded if full fare was paid for such stateroom category"

Thank you for clarifying. I think I will be bronze for a long time. :) Oh well, I still love the cruising part of cruising!

This what I got off NCL website;

As such, we are excited to announce updates on all sailings from February 3, 2017.

I don't like being moved back down to a lower level if you have reached the new tier. I was looking forward to the benefits of being Gold.

You won't be, grandfathering the present levels.

This what I got off NCL website;

As such, we are excited to announce updates on all sailings from February 3, 2017.

I don't like being moved back down to a lower level if you have reached the new tier. I was looking forward to the benefits of being Gold.[/.

I don't think you will be knocked down if you have reached a new tier. See the below statement from their site.

Unless you are joining our two new tiers, your current Latitudes Rewards status will not be affected; the current tier level of all of members we will honored in the updated program.and

My husband thoroughly enjoys calling companies and kindly asking for things he wants. So if they do take our extra point away for booking 9 months in advance, he'll do his best to either get this reinstated for our two cruises or to get something else in return.

He's done a really good job with firmly dealing with NCL in the past -- so much so, we have $600 OBC for our upcoming cruise! (Yes...he's the person that calls the cable and phone companies every time they raise the rates to renegotiate the deal.)

Completely not important, but I wonder if those in suites/Haven will get two bottles of wine now on the first day and still get the Haven bottle of water?

Edited by brookie848

And I also love that if you want to go to the cocktail party, you have to go ask where it is by the end of the first day:

3 Guest must come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by the end of the first day of the cruise for details on when and where the event is to take place.

And I also love that if you want to go to the cocktail party, you have to go ask where it is by the end of the first day:

3 Guest must come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by the end of the first day of the cruise for details on when and where the event is to take place.

Tacky. Looks like the printed invitations have gone out the door.

Well this sucks, was going gold on my next cruise and was looking forward to getting priority tender benefit for a cruise with my mother. Uuuggghhh

Unless it is a B2B cruise you cannot go Gold during a cruise as points are only added after the cruise. If it is and you qualify you will at the 'halfway' stage.

So they added extra tiers, but took away from those of us who are already platinum. The platinum meal is now for two per cabin. Well, what if I have 3 plats in a cabin? And they limited the meal to one appetizer, one dessert, and one entrée to $20. But, added Cagney's and Moderno. Not too sure how I feel about it yet. I don't think it's cool that we announce it today for rollout next week. There are folks only 2 - 3 points from being platinum that are essentially getting screwed now.

Well, it's been a long time since they have done anything to really tick off the masses, so this is long overdue. Figures. We've got a 29 day and a 14 day already booked.

The Platinum reward has been a "choose one from each category" for awhile, but that $20 limit?:rolleyes:. Is there even a main on the Cagneys menu which is under $20? Nothing says "we value your business" like giving you a free chicken dinner.

Edit: Totally off topic, but anyone else seeing anything different with this forum as far as the format? It now looks totally different for some reason, from the moment I hit the "reply" box.

Edited by punkincc

An NCL loyalist on FB called NCL, and was told that existing bookings that are 9+ months out will still receive the additional point per night. And re-booking for different perks or rates will lose it (as expected).

Could be true. Maybe.

Tacky. Looks like the printed invitations have gone out the door.

Stop the paper war, only give out to those showing; you will still have to get printed invitations. Just like the ship tour now.

Get a better idea of numbers. It won't stop no shows but the numbers can be controlled and so catering is more accurate.

Stop the paper war, only give out to those showing; you will still have to get printed invitations. Just like the ship tour now.

Get a better idea of numbers. It won't stop no shows but the numbers can be controlled and so catering is more accurate.

There is this wonderful thing now called recycling. The tree huggers can relax. It is tacky to tell your valued customer to show up at a cubicle desk to get the secret password to attend a party given in your honor :rolleyes:

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

We were going to be silver after completing our next cruise in March. Not anymore. Since we are not drinkers, the free bottle of wine isn't a big deal. In fact, I would rather have a bottle of water. You never know, maybe I can find someone willing to trade. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You won't be knocked down, but I wonder (like the OP) if they will honor the 2 points per night for booking 9 months in advance.

They may honor the 2 points per night for booking 9 months in advance. The Shareholder OBC benefit changed from $250 for Sailings of 14 Days or More to Sailings of 15 Days or More in January 2016. We are sailing this month so I emailed my Shareholder Benefit Request form with a note on it requesting $250 OBC since cruise was booked November 2015. We've received the Amenity Confirmation with the $250 OBC :) split between the two of us.

We really appreciate the very fast turnaround - one day, and the honoring of the $250 OBC versus $100 if they had gone with the new 15 day wording.

The Platinum reward has been a "choose one from each category" for awhile, but that $20 limit?:rolleyes:. Is there even a main on the Cagneys menu which is under $20? Nothing says "we value your business" like giving you a free chicken dinner.

Almost everything on the Cagney's menu is 20 or under. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161015/85f9d39eb897b1df28aae17f4b54fd9f.jpg

Let me explain further, we were moving from silver to gold with our 14 day cruise this Sunday. Now we're firmly at silver.

While on board go and see the Cruise Next staff and explain that you had booked under the system that would have moved you to Gold after the cruise and that you should therefore be "grandfathered". The new level boundaries should not be used for pre-existing bookings when they are to the passengers disadvantage.

Yup, it is making the rounds on facebook, but I think you are the first to post it here.

Main things I see:

1. No more points for booking 9 months out.

2. If you have a latitudes deal AND Suite/Haven, you will only get one point per day (not 2)

3. Meals are now PER STATE ROOM and not per guest.

1) I noticed the extra point for booking nine months out was gone. Though I took advantage of that on my last cruise (and would have on future cruises) I thing that benefit amounts to a give away.

2) Well, if you are getting a good deal, perhaps one point per night is fair.

3) 31 one cruises and I've never seen a state room eat a meal.

Is a mini suite one point or two?

The new program looks a lot like Royal Caribbean's program. The names are different, but each has six levels, each reaches the fifth level after earning only 25% of the points needed for the sixth level, and the sixth level begins at 700 points.