New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

I don't think we can consider it "real" or in effect until it comes direct from NCL. Their website still shows the existing program, which for now, is as real as it gets.

It could be fake. If it is for real I wonder about the "Dinner With Officers" Does the perk include a dinner in a Specialty Restaurant or a main dining room, I would suspect the latter.

Exactly what I was thinking, as there is always 3 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could be completely wrong but, if this portion of the rollout is correct, it does not state "for 2" so I would think it would be that meal for all staying in that cabin. So it would work out better for you I would think. It would be 2 meals for 3 instead of 3 meals for 2. This is all early speculation but I wanted to throw this possibility out there.

I just spoke with a PCC, so right off the bat I assume there's a 50/50 chance of accuracy (at best), but she stated that a change in the extra point per night bonus would only impact new bookings after the change is introduced. She said the booking I made today, 627 days out, will get double points.

I guess time will tell.

I hope thats right.

If not then, what about cruises already completed? Based on my current points, I would be Platinum Plus, but if they were to reassess the points for cruises already taken then I would be 30 points short, which would take another 3 cruises to get.

Not that the Platinum Plus benefits look too exciting. It will be interesting to see what the priority restaurant seating actually means.

I have to say I'm surprised that they haven't pushed some of those Platinum benefits to Platinum Plus.

I could be completely wrong but, if this portion of the rollout is correct, it does not state "for 2" so I would think it would be that meal for all staying in that cabin. So it would work out better for you I would think. It would be 2 meals for 3 instead of 3 meals for 2. This is all early speculation but I wanted to throw this possibility out there.

It does say "for two"

I was hoping for a few vouchers for specialty coffee instead of the officers dinner...;)

I like your thinking! I don't like to dress up when I'm not on vacation so I don't even pack dress clothes for my cruise. I would feel out of place dining with an officer in my jeans and t-shirt. I would much rather have free specialty coffee vouchers too! :D:D

actually, reading it again, it says dinner "with wine" not "with a bottle of wine". for all we know, that could be one glass, or perhaps unlimited glasses. so again, if you are on UBP, its not really a benefit. but i still like that you can now eat at places other than lebistro and cucina.

It says 'Dinner for 2' then underneath

(per Stateroom) [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Notice this fine print that will cut a point a night from any upsell bid (but not Haven upsell??):

• Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

Edited by oteixeira

Notice this fine print that will cut a point a night from any upsell bid:

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

That has been that way all along. You never got an extra point for an upsell.

Well that answers that.

Still unclear if we keep our extra point per night for future cruises booked 9+ months out. I'm skeptical. :(

It says on all sailings effective 2/3. Sounds like they aren't honoring anything. I'm sure there will be a lot of ticked off people.

Notice this fine print that will cut a point a night from any upsell bid (but not Haven upsell??):

That's true of the current program as well. You only get the extra point per night if you booked the suite originally - upsells don't count.

Has anyone seen the effective date. I'm also sailing in 3 weeks and this cruise would make me platinum under the current plan but I will be 1 point short under the new program. :( I can't find anything on the NCL website in regards to the changes.

This what I got off NCL website;

As such, we are excited to announce updates on all sailings from February 3, 2017.

I don't like being moved back down to a lower level if you have reached the new tier. I was looking forward to the benefits of being Gold.

Edited by bam1957

If we are sailing on 1/29 and have booked 9 months in advance, do we get the old system or the new system, and then when we get off we will be old style gold but new style silver, so what are we considered?

(27 points now, 14 night cruise, 28 points as we booked 11 months early, leaving 1/29 under old system, final docking will be under new system)

So they added extra tiers, but took away from those of us who are already platinum. The platinum meal is now for two per cabin. Well, what if I have 3 plats in a cabin? And they limited the meal to one appetizer, one dessert, and one entrée to $20. But, added Cagney's and Moderno. Not too sure how I feel about it yet. I don't think it's cool that we announce it today for rollout next week. There are folks only 2 - 3 points from being platinum that are essentially getting screwed now.