New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

I hope they clarify whether the bag of laundry and the internet minutes are per person or per stateroom.

The Platinum dinners are an interesting change. So a solo passenger gets two vouchers (which many will try to split into 4 dinners…) While 3+ Platinums in one stateroom still only get the same two vouchers.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Interesting, we're at 78 points and Platinum....I wonder if we'll stay there or get dropped down to Gold...

I believe you maintain your current level with the changes. It is the ones like me who are just a point or two away that move further away from the next level! :( I read a press release today that stated that, if I can find it i will post it.

Not sure why the email NCL sent said I have 21 points and am bronze. I just did a 10 day cruise and have 41 points and am silver. I was silver on the 10 day cruise. In the new program 21 would be bronze. My online account says 41 points and silver. I think the emails they are sending out are based on the new program. Almost everyone's email will have wrong point total.

Not sure why the email NCL sent said I have 21 points and am bronze. I just did a 10 day cruise and have 41 points and am silver. I was silver on the 10 day cruise. In the new program 21 would be bronze. My online account says 41 points and silver. I think the emails they are sending out are based on the new program. Almost everyone's email will have wrong point total.

I hope they clarify whether the bag of laundry and the internet minutes are per person or per stateroom.

The Platinum dinners are an interesting change. So a solo passenger gets two vouchers (which many will try to split into 4 dinners…) While 3+ Platinums in one stateroom still only get the same two vouchers.

Re: Laundry. Wondering if you get 1 bag per week as we are considering a 2 week Transatlantic on the Star April 2018.

I'm exactly Platinum Plus under the new plan and my wife will reach that after our upcoming 7 day cruise. As such, there's not much incentive for us to stay "loyal" to NCL now, not that we need much to be honest as NCL has always been "our" line.

I'll assume until I can confirm that the free bag of laundry is per member and not per stateroom as it would appear they have denoted per stateroom limits on the new "free" dinner scheme and not on others perqs. The laundry (when you sail with two young kids) is a Godsend and we use two bags on a 7 day cruise. If this gets cut back to a "per stateroom" limit, that would be a loss for us as is the loss of the bottle of wine at the second dinner.

The free internet minutes are nice, especially if they are per member and not per stateroom.

I'm exactly Platinum Plus under the new plan and my wife will reach that after our upcoming 7 day cruise. As such, there's not much incentive for us to stay "loyal" to NCL now...

I'm curious what you mean by that. What changed with the new program that could alter your loyalty?

I have same issue except we are at 48 (Gold) do we now get knocked down to Silver?

From NCL website

LATITUDES REWARDS LOYALTY PROGRAM

2017 ENHANCEMENTS

At Norwegian Cruise Line, we value and reward our loyal guests. We have listened to your feedback and have been working to enrich our Latitudes Rewards program. As such, we are excited to announce updates on all sailings from February 3, 2017.

We are adding two new exclusive tier levels, Platinum Plus and Ambassador, for our most frequent cruisers who've earned 175 points and above. These new elite tiers recognize our most loyal members with a premium status and benefits we have never offered before, including a complimentary 7-day cruise for our highest tier.

We have enhanced the benefits at all tier levels to make the cruising experience with Norwegian even more rewarding. New benefits include a bottle of sparkling wine for all tiers, bottled water and complimentary Internet minutes. For greater exclusivity and to provide more exciting benefits we have also updated the point structure of each tier. Unless you are joining our two new tiers, your current Latitudes Rewards status will not be affected; the current tier level of all of members we will honored in the updated program.

Re: Laundry. Wondering if you get 1 bag per week as we are considering a 2 week Transatlantic on the Star April 2018.
It was never stated as one bag per week, even if some people have reportedly gotten more than one bag per person on long cruises (not talking about b2bs). It may be a matter of them just not keeping track very closely.

I'm curious what you mean by that. What changed with the new program that could alter your loyalty?

I agree nothing really changes for me, as previously I had no higher levels to strive for to keep me loyal and I still have none. Platinum plus doesn't offer much to me and I doubt I will ever reach Ambassador. The changes won't affect my loyalty at all.

With regard to the strawberries, I just let them know when I met the Butler and/or Cabin Steward that I'm not interested in getting them and haven't seen one in quite a few cruises.

I had lots of strawberries on my last cruise.

I guess the wording in my post may be a bit ambiguous - I wasn't being critical. We didn't cruise in the past for loyalty points - we're loyal to NCL because it fits us. It's taken us a decade to get ~175 points so the new program doesn't intent us to cruise more with NCL IF obtaining higher loyalty levels was a big driver for us because at our current rate it would take another ~30 years for us to become Ambassadors.

The only change is the loss of the extra point for booking 9 months out.

You used to get an extra point for booking an insider offer under the old scheme.

Now you can only get a maximum of 3 points per day, rather than 4 previously.

What is an "Insider Offer"? Is it an offer for an "inside cabin or what?

Will cruises booked prior to Feb 3 (kick off date of new program) get the 9 month bonus points? (This is a Biggie for me. the difference between Platinum Plus and Ambassador)

What is an "Insider Offer"? Is it an offer for an "inside cabin or what?

Will cruises booked prior to Feb 3 (kick off date of new program) get the 9 month bonus points? (This is a Biggie for me. the difference between Platinum Plus and Ambassador)

Yes, cruises booked prior to 2/3/2017 are still eligible for the 1 point per night bonus when booked 9 months in advance.

Insider offers are specials on specific sailings...

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

My email had the right points but dropped my level according to new point structure. My NCL account has the right level.