New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Yes, cruises booked prior to 2/3/2017 are still eligible for the 1 point per night bonus when booked 9 months in advance.

Insider offers are specials on specific sailings...

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

Ugh, I was supposed to turn gold on my next cruise on 2/12 and now I will not turn gold. I was looking forward to the added status/perks. They should apply the program for cruises booked after 2/3. One of the reasons we cruised as opposed to doing a land based trip was that we would turn gold on this cruise.

And I also love that if you want to go to the cocktail party, you have to go ask where it is by the end of the first day:

3 Guest must come to the CruiseNext desk in the Atrium by the end of the first day of the cruise for details on when and where the event is to take place.

It is the same for the behind the scenes tour. They are counting on people not wanting to stand in line at guest services on day 1 to get the information of when/where.

What I would give to be part of the next few Meet & Greets on the ships lol

From NCL website

Unless you are joining our two new tiers, your current Latitudes Rewards status will not be affected; the current tier level of all of members we will honored in the updated program.[/b]

Thank you! That's good news to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is the same for the behind the scenes tour. They are counting on people not wanting to stand in line at guest services on day 1 to get the information of when/where.
If it's just a matter of "information" then this is pretty meaningless, because you can just find out when/where from someone else (at the M&G for example) without standing in line. Making people go to the CruiseNext office only makes sense if they make you obtain an invitation and/or sign up, as for the BTS tour.

The cocktail party is for Silver and above, which means there will be approximately 3000 people stopping by the CruiseNext desk on the first evening… My guess is that they change this requirement pretty quick.

I will be curious if you have a perk of the 250 minutes Internet do we get to combine and also get the additional 30 minutes when we are Platinum?

It has been just over a year since we were on the Jewel but in November 2015 I was able to purchase an Unlimited package. Are they offering that on the ships? In the Scheme of things 280 minutes is really not that much.

I was kinda of curious about that also. I currently have a suite booking for October that became one of the "Select Value" dates. On my amenity sheet & my confirmation I have 2 separate line items for the internet.

It shows 1 line item for 100 minutes (Value select) and another for 250 minutes (Suite perk) so I am assuming I will also receive another 60 minutes for platinum plus on top of that.

If it's just a matter of "information" then this is pretty meaningless, because you can just find out when/where from someone else (at the M&G for example) without standing in line. Making people go to the CruiseNext office only makes sense if they make you obtain an invitation and/or sign up, as for the BTS tour.

The cocktail party is for Silver and above, which means there will be approximately 3000 people stopping by the CruiseNext desk on the first evening… My guess is that they change this requirement pretty quick.

Considering that on our last cruise the Cruisenext office did not open until 5pm that is crazy. I can see if they want to cut costs by not printing all those welcome certificates but then they should just post a sign telling you when and where and swipe your key card for access.

They send 19 messages a week on the tv to invite us to the art auctions why cant they send a message to all people that fall under that tier with an invite to whatever comes with your tier. Easy peasy.

They may need to hold more than one cocktail party to accommodate everyone, and in that case it's not as simple as just announcing the times somewhere and letting everyone Freestyle it.

I know that the current Silver and up "exclusive gathering" is not that well attended, but if they are now doing the prize draws etc. at this cocktail party (no longer accessible for Bronze members), more people will want to go. But to do prize draws, they need paper invitations… So who knows, I guess we'll find out next week.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Has anyone seen the effective date. I'm also sailing in 3 weeks and this cruise would make me platinum under the current plan but I will be 1 point short under the new program. :( I can't find anything on the NCL website in regards to the changes.

I am exactly the same too. i sail in 2 weeks and it would have made me Platinum but under the new program I will be 1 point short.

We will be three adults in a two-bed suite, all of us Platinim Plus, on our next cruise in June. It will be interesting to see how the "meal for two and one per stateroom" will be handled. Clearly this rule is written for couples with or without children, so how will our adult Platinum Plus daughter receive any of the incentives she is apparently entitled to in the new program, if she cruises with us in one of the 2-bed suites?

This does not benefit me at all. Currently have 14 points and for cruise in November I booked over 9 months out. I would have been Silver with 28 points after so cruise. But now I'll still be bronze...ugh

It's not been confirmed yet that the extra points for booking 9+ months out wont be grandfathered in so wouldn't worry too much till it is. Neither bronze nor silver got you much under the old program, so mostly the same under the new program except now you get the bottle of sparkling wine.

It's not been confirmed yet that the extra points for booking 9+ months out wont be grandfathered in so wouldn't worry too much till it is. Neither bronze nor silver got you much under the old program, so mostly the same under the new program except now you get the bottle of sparkling wine.

It has been confirmed - bookings made prior to 2/3/2017 are still able to get the 9 month bonus points.

The OP was commenting that 28 points is not enough to reach the new silver tier at 30 points.

Edited by TheDougOut

I don't think it's the grandfathering of the additional points that is the issue in this case.

The points required for the individual levels are increasing, especially for the lower levels, so people have cruises booked which would get them to a new level under the old system but now won't do so.

It has been confirmed - bookings made prior to 2/3/2017 are still able to get the 9 month bonus points.

With the caveat that you should never totally trust what you are told by NCL shoreside staff.

It certainly looks like people will get the extra points, but absolute confirmation will only come when someone actually receives them.

Clearly this rule is written for couples with or without children, so how will our adult Platinum Plus daughter receive any of the incentives she is apparently entitled to in the new program, if she cruises with us in one of the 2-bed suites?
She will receive all of the incentives. It's just that these dinners are one per stateroom, so if there are already other Platinum Pluses in the cabin, you don't get any more. Just like the Godiva chocolates, before.

The rule is pretty clear. Of course we would all prefer it to be per person, but it's not.

I wish they would include onboard spending on spa, excursion bookings, as means to collect points. Maybe one day :-)

I agree completely. In fact, I think points should just be given for every dollar you spend whether it be for the cruise or during the cruise. The points could then be put towards other cruises, shore excursions, merchandise etc.

With the caveat that you should never totally trust what you are told by NCL shoreside staff.

Agree - never "totally". But this one appears safe. NCL is posting and clarifying the rule publicly. I was told it was confirmed directly by the person that runs the program.

If the original intent was to get guests committed to NCL for long term plans, then extending the offer through 2/3/2017 only gets them more of what they wanted.