New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Well said. The hundreds of posts, moaning about everything that moves on a ship is beyond belief. They even complain about how many points they have and get upset if things change and they think that others are getting a better deal. Very, very petty. I used to think that CC meant "Constant Complaints".

Our theory is that some people get on the ship mad and get off the ship mad. Likewise on CC. We love to cruise and very rarely complain about anything, it has to be something big. Frankly, what's not to like and if makes you so mad, don't go!

To quote my favorite US President: "There you go again." :D

I'm complaining because the widely rumored plan to increase the number of tiers was changed and sprung on a Friday, allowing only 4 work days to understand the new rules and work with them to reach my ongoing plan to hit 700 points.

It was the early posters on this thread (especially the OP) who provided the info that was unavailable from NCL Miami/Mesa in order to deal with the deadline.

Thanks to those posters, I have now put courtesy holds on sailings I like and will do the job.

I don't understand that rush to get to ambassador level. the only extra perk is the free cruise and it appears that it is a one time thing and has to be the first cruise taken after you reach the status.

Are you hoping the irish cruise will be the free one?

If not, and you become ambassador level and take the irish cruise right after and you pay for it, then you will lose the free cruise perk.

If you cruise that often, you will have the opportunity to take the free cruise whenever you make the ambassador status, so again, I don't understand the big rush, taking cruises you hadn't planned just to reach the next level.

Or is it just a status thing?

Lois

It explicitly says "per stateroom", so the answer is yes. As long as you and your husband are in separate staterooms.

You don't need to be in separate staterooms. We are always in the same room and always get 2 dinners for 2. Unless I missed where they changed it!

Edited by boopsahoy

You don't need to be in separate staterooms. We are always in the same room and always get 2 dinners for 2. Unless I missed where they changed it!

It will be the same for you, with one exception. One dinner will be in either Cagney's or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine. The other will be in either Moderno or La Cucina. No wine is included in the second dinner.

Well said. The hundreds of posts, moaning about everything that moves on a ship is beyond belief. They even complain about how many points they have and get upset if things change and they think that others are getting a better deal. Very, very petty. I used to think that CC meant "Constant Complaints".

You have quite a bit of information on the habits of this forum for someone who joined just 10 days ago.

Or are you yet another sock puppet account?

We have 179 points, so should be Platinum Plus.

We are on the Escape febr. 4

What do you think priority embakation is like .

Not on a suite this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it will be just a separate line like before , not like a suite where we are led into a separate room to meet with the concierge. The next few meet and greets will be painful I would think with disgruntled passengers complaining to the officers present about the fact they "just missed" or "its not fair". :o Nothing the officers can do but smile and suck it all up. I'm just happy with the fact we are able to cruise and will enjoy the internet time. I wonder if we get 60 minutes each or per cabin?

Since Port Canaveral, Tampa and Seattle have been doing it already, I suppose it will be the same. If you're platinum or higher, you'll get a latitudes boarding card when you check in. It will say what latitudes group you're in, like Latitudes #1 or #2 etc..It's really based on the number of platinum members they have on the cruise as to how many of those groups they have. There were 4 on our cruise. When they start boarding, they board the Haven first, then I think it was those needing assistance. After that they start calling latitude group numbers. Once those numbers are all called they call the rest of the group numbers. At least, that's how they did it in Tampa a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not sure if 4 groups is the norm. It was on the Jade for a 10 day cruise. At the M&G the CD said there were a ton of platinum members on the cruise.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

At the end of this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2449830 CruisinHarvey describes what he encountered which might have been a test for this perk.

Sounds promising, thank you for the link. I wonder how the line ups will be for the Cocktail party and the like. I just cannot see myself standing in line to register. I used to like meeting fellow cruisers at theses get togethers, never mind I will just have to be a bar fly and meet folks there.

Phew. smack dab in the middle of Platinum so no big heartache one way or the other...but trying to figure out why rather than making the 3 buck chuck sparkling a latitudes benefit for everyone they just don't plop one down in every stateroom. Seems to me that would make it easier on the room stewards....gonna be a whole lot of mimosas being consumed I bet!

I also think that next time we book a cruise with our non plat friends, we will split up at least on the booking so that all four of us end up getting to enjoy the free dinners.

We like the new tier structure. We love the flexibility of swapping out to Cagney's and Moderno and don't really mind giving up the second bottle of wine for the second dinner. We still will get one bottle of sparkling and one regular. We are solidly platinum and about 3 cruises from platinum plus, so the new program will keep us loyal,but we won't be playing the booking bonus' as much.

Overall satisfied.....

Kim

Come on. :D This whole thread exists only because the terms are changing.

Being somewhere in the mid of the platinum plus area I think that is pretty embarrassing. Especially the Ambassador perks.

Not even free internet or unlimited free laundry for someone who has 700+ points. No incentive to continue booking as many nights as the last years.

I have 71 nights booked, all booked more than 9 months ahead. I sure hope I get double points. Since those were the terms when I booked...

71 nights booked is a lot! I am jealous!

First I saw 71 nights booked and then I saw your location!

We didnt saw any Swedes on our first 5 cruises but meet some our second time on the Epic and also on the Breakaway.

You have quite a bit of information on the habits of this forum for someone who joined just 10 days ago.

Some us lurked for years before we registered.

Or are you yet another sock puppet account?

My sense of sarcasm might be underdeveloped. Are you trying to prove his point?

Being somewhere in the mid of the platinum plus area I think that is pretty embarrassing. Especially the Ambassador perks.

Not even free internet or unlimited free laundry for someone who has 700+ points. No incentive to continue booking as many nights as the last years.

Surely your love of the cruise line and the service it offers is what drives you to continue booking with the same line.

A good example of why I turn and run from every onboard conversation that starts with "We've been on 41 cruises and I think...". NCL has taken several steps to improve deficiencies in their loyalty program, especially rewarding their most frequent guests. They can not tailor a program to meet individual circumstances or preferences. At the end of the day, they don't make any more money from guests on their 400th cruise or their first one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Surely your love of the cruise line and the service it offers is what drives you to continue booking with the same line.

I don't think feeling love towards a public traded company is a smart move. No doubt when NCL offers a cruise for a reasonable price on an itinerary new to me I would be on without any loyalty program at all.

IMHO such a program, and especially a revised program, should motivate guests who are undecided between spending money on a cruise again or a different sort of vacation to chose the NCL cruise. Personally I don't feel like this program reached that goal.

It is only good marketing sense to reward customers who spend $30,000 or more a year for ten years, treating them better than customers who average $3,000 per year.

Perhaps you should move to one of their more upscale lines so you can be treated more fairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums