New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Just spoke with my PCC, who confirmed that ANY cruise booked prior to 2/3/17, regardless of sail date (as long as it's >9 months out) will qualify. She is one of the good ones who actually even sails all the ships herself, so I trust her. She hasnt been wrong yet.

For those who are bumming they are short points for tiers, be sure to check your cruise history for accuracy.

I totally have not been watching my point total closely because I passed "old "Platinum (76 points) long ago. But now additional tiers have been added, I might as well get all the points rightfully earned. Found my account was short three cruises in 2016 and my husband's account was short two.

Edited by logan25

Well, it's been a long time since they have done anything to really tick off the masses, so this is long overdue. Figures. We've got a 29 day and a 14 day already booked.

The Platinum reward has been a "choose one from each category" for awhile, but that $20 limit?:rolleyes:. Is there even a main on the Cagneys menu which is under $20? Nothing says "we value your business" like giving you a free chicken dinner.

Edit: Totally off topic, but anyone else seeing anything different with this forum as far as the format? It now looks totally different for some reason, from the moment I hit the "reply" box.

To comment on your EDIT, Yes a totally different forum look. Boy will this take a while to get used to

I only really have one complaint with this new structure.

I was hoping they would get rid of the strawberries, as they can be a pain to get rid of.

I think our son will have something to say about the loss of the chocolates. :)

I agree with you and don't have any real issues.

NCL kind of mirrored Celebrity with the two new tiers. Platinum Plus, like Elite Plus adds very few perks and Ambassador tier is far out of reach for many.

With regard to the strawberries, I just let them know when I met the Butler and/or Cabin Steward that I'm not interested in getting them and haven't seen one in quite a few cruises.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Just spoke with my PCC, who confirmed that ANY cruise booked prior to 2/3/17, regardless of sail date (as long as it's >9 months out) will qualify. She is one of the good ones who actually even sails all the ships herself, so I trust her. She hasnt been wrong yet.

NCL just confirmed this publicly elsewhere. If you book prior to 2/3 you will still get extra point for 9 months out.

I like some of the new perks but under the old program we would be platinum after our cruise next June and have 79 points so on our cruise in November we could of used those perks. Now under the new program we will be 1 point shy of platinum because they have changed it to 80 points to achieve the platinum level. That really sucks.

I will be curious if you have a perk of the 250 minutes Internet do we get to combine and also get the additional 30 minutes when we are Platinum?

It has been just over a year since we were on the Jewel but in November 2015 I was able to purchase an Unlimited package. Are they offering that on the ships? In the Scheme of things 280 minutes is really not that much.

Is there a reduction of accumulating points under the new system???

The Existing program, awarded a point for every night, plus bonus points for Suites & Haven, plus bonus points if booked more than 9 months prior to sailing.

The New program does not mention 9 month prior bonus points but includes bonus points if booked with a "Latitudes Insider Offer".

Are the new rules retroactive or will I get the 9 month bonus points for existing bookings?

What does "Insider Offers" mean ???

Are these bonus points in addition to a suite booking ???

Edited by Uniall

I now have a week to decide if it's worth booking a 217 night cruise in a suite 9 months out in order to achieve Ambasador status. I wish they threw in an extra bottle of water at that level to make my decision easier.

LOL.

What's the skinny on the one week free cruise? To anywhere? Inside/double occupancy/one free cruise per lifetime?

I now have a week to decide if it's worth booking a 217 night cruise in a suite 9 months out in order to achieve Ambasador status. I wish they threw in an extra bottle of water at that level to make my decision easier.

You are Hilarious! The big question is what does Sue say:D

Is there a reduction of accumulating points under the new system???

The Existing program, awarded a point for every night, plus bonus points for Suites & Haven, plus bonus points if booked more than 9 months prior to sailing.

The New program does not mention 9 month prior bonus points but includes bonus points if booked with a "Latitudes Insider Offer".

What does this mean ???

The only change is the loss of the extra point for booking 9 months out.

You used to get an extra point for booking an insider offer under the old scheme.

Now you can only get a maximum of 3 points per day, rather than 4 previously.

What does this mean ???

If you booked prior to 2/3/2017 (the new effective date), you will still get the extra point per night for those booked 9 months in advance. Any bookings made after that don't get the advance booking bonus.

The Lattitudes page has insider offers for specific sailings that will still offer bonus points...

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

Yup, it is making the rounds on facebook, but I think you are the first to post it here.

Main things I see:

1. No more points for booking 9 months out.

2. If you have a latitudes deal AND Suite/Haven, you will only get one point per day (not 2)

3. Meals are now PER STATE ROOM and not per guest.

Looks like were only getting the free bottle of wine for one of the free meals.

Nice glad we already booked our first cruise for 2018.. Maybe we should save book a 2nd.

Yeah, the policy suckered me in. We booked an 11 nighter in Oct 2018, which we'll board with "new platinum" status right at 80pts. 30 nights of cruising in 2018!

I'm not sure of exactly where we are with the menus in Cagneys, but from the latest ones I have, these would be the options:

16oz Prime Rib

Lamb Chops

Pork Chops

16oz Ribeye

12oz New York Strip

Filet Mignon (5oz or 8oz)

10oz Porterhouse

From my reading of the details, you would pay the extra on dishes over $20, which would include:

Veal Chop ($5)

32oz Prime Rib ($5)

Surf and Turf ($5) - Not sure if this cost is the same now there is no Lobster

Bone in Ribeye ($1)

32oz Porterhouse ($5)

Is the Tomahawk gone? I didn't see it on the pictured menu either.