New Latitude Tiers

TheDougOut

Is there even a main on the Cagneys menu which is under $20? Nothing says "we value your business" like giving you a free chicken dinner.

I'm not sure of exactly where we are with the menus in Cagneys, but from the latest ones I have, these would be the options:

16oz Prime Rib

Lamb Chops

Pork Chops

16oz Ribeye

12oz New York Strip

Filet Mignon (5oz or 8oz)

10oz Porterhouse

From my reading of the details, you would pay the extra on dishes over $20, which would include:

Veal Chop ($5)

32oz Prime Rib ($5)

Surf and Turf ($5) - Not sure if this cost is the same now there is no Lobster

Bone in Ribeye ($1)

32oz Porterhouse ($5)

I do believe the solo cruisers will benefit the most. Rather than one voucher, my stateroom will receive two (dinners for two). Gotta like that!

And I actually like the discount for shore excursions, for those few occasions when I book with NCL.

I am firmly in the Platinum Plus tier. Certainly not going to sweat trying to earn Ambassador, maybe 10 years from now.

Edited by logan25

Question about #1. We have a Haven cruise booked for 2018. We booked in April of 2016, so technically we should get 3 points per night. Is the no extra point for booking 9 months out based on your booking date or cruise date? This may affect our cruise next month as well. We should get 3 points per night for that one (Haven, 9-months in advance).

I will be curious to see how this plays out.

I called and asked about the double points for the 9 month out scenario..they said the nine months out automatically gets the extra points and if somehow it doesn't show up to call after our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called and asked about the double points for the 9 month out scenario..they said the nine months out automatically gets the extra points and if somehow it doesn't show up to call after our cruise.

I'm not so sure I would believe that. The call center is notorious for giving out incorrect information. Unless you can find it online in the new terms and conditions, I suspect it's probably gone.

I've read that platinum solo cruisers have had luck with splitting their 'dinner for 2' across two sittings by having a quiet word with the Maitre d'. If this continues under the new system, 2x2 dinners could leave me with the possibility of 4 speciality dinners on my upcoming solo cruise! #winning

I'll find out in three weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by QCruiser82

The lower tiers seem to have done well. The only change I think I would like is the priority embarkation @ platinum. Depending on how it's done it may be a good way to secure Vibe passes without getting to check-in at 9:30.

I'm not so sure I would believe that. The call center is notorious for giving out incorrect information. Unless you can find it online in the new terms and conditions, I suspect it's probably gone.

This line would make me agree. No need to protect anyone if points are not dropping for the 9 months thing.

Unless you are joining our two new tiers, your current Latitudes Rewards status will not be affected; the current tier level of all of members we will honored in the updated program.

I agree with this. We will have to wait and see.

And, as I said earlier, I haven't seen anything that says they won't recalculate the points you have already earned.

At least we should have that one confirmed in the next week or so, when they update our NCL accounts. If existing points get recalculated then we know that future cruises won't get the extra points. If they don't then we will still have to wait until someone actually cruises.

I've read that platinum solo cruisers have had luck with splitting their 'dinner for 2' across two sittings by having a quiet word with the Maitre d'. If this continues under the new system, 2x2 dinners could leave me with the possibility of 4 speciality dinners on my upcoming solo cruise! Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have read about splitting on CruiseCritic and have tried a couple of times. Always unsuccessfully.

My husband will be excited Moderno was added back and he can now redeem at Cagney's. Win/win from his perspective. We never have extra platinums in our cabin.

Edited by logan25

I called to check on something else and asked the CAS rep if my fears were confirmed. After this upcoming cruise, we will not be platinum as we had planned, instead we will fall 4 points shy by this new system. I explained I was disappointed and he said he was very surprised when he checked his email this morning and saw the new system...whether he was telling the truth or not, I don't know. He did laugh when I told him it was sad that a bottle of water is a perk.

We were this close...story of my life lol.

At least it seems like those that are just barely over the platinum lower level get to stay platinum. If they had chosen to roll this out 3 months from now, we would have been ok too.

"you are joining our two new tiers, your current Latitudes Rewards status will not be affected; the current tier level of all of members we will honored in the updated program."

So not happy with the new point structure for tiers below Platinum. Happy for Platinum folks who now have some incentives to work toward more perks...BUT...we were planning on being Platinum for our June Europe cruise, as we'll have 79 points after our March cruise (current Platinum=76 points)...They've changed it to 80 points now. If they don't grandfather things, like extra points for booking out more than 9 months, it'll put us even father back.... It doesn't make a whole lot of difference perk wise, but it steams me that they changed the lower point structures so that we will miss the step up by one lousy point......of course, if they had given us credit for a 1985 7 day cruise we took it would be a moot point.

He did laugh when I told him it was sad that a bottle of water is a perk.

Water is actually offered as a perk fairly often.

In fact, as I type this in a hotel room, there are two bottles of complementary water on the table next to me which I get as a status perk.

Well, I'll hope for the best..I'll find out after our trip in 23 days..[emoji1317]

I feel everyone's pain....looks like I'm missing Platinum by 2 days, or one point, whichever way you look at it. I'm cruising on Feb 5th (2 days after the new program kicks in) which will give me 79 points total. On the old program, I'd be Platinum with 79 and grandfathered into that level...now I'll be one point shy. Ugh!!

While on board go and see the Cruise Next staff and explain that you had booked under the system that would have moved you to Gold after the cruise and that you should therefore be "grandfathered". The new level boundaries should not be used for pre-existing bookings when they are to the passengers disadvantage.

We will definitely try. Husband called about an hour ago and said we're keeping the double points for Sunday but we are staying at silver. I'll post again if we get lucky and they move us to gold.

It could be fake. If it is for real I wonder about the "Dinner With Officers" Does the perk include a dinner in a Specialty Restaurant or a main dining room, I would suspect the latter.

Could be in Garden Cafe for all we know [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app