What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Yes, correct. I’m also particular about my cabin but if I’m bidding on a 2BR Haven Suite I know it can only be in a specific location. I think being particular really only comes into play when bidding on the non-Haven categories.

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gem 11 night 1/23/18

Original cabin SE

Bid on:

H-2 Range was $800-$2000, we bid $880 poor range

H-3 Range was $700-$2000, we bid $700 poor range

H-4 Range was $645-$1500, we bid $650 poor range

H-5 Range was $325-$800, we bid $400 fair range

All our bids were turned down heard today, 2 days before cruise.

Gem 11 night 1/23/18

Original cabin SE

Bid on:

H-2 Range was $800-$2000, we bid $880 poor range

H-3 Range was $700-$2000, we bid $700 poor range

H-4 Range was $645-$1500, we bid $650 poor range

H-5 Range was $325-$800, we bid $400 fair range

All our bids were turned down heard today, 2 days before cruise.

You’re in a great cabin! I bid substantially more for the H4 on our upcoming cruise but we’re in a mid-ship balcony. Sailing in a little over 3 week’s but haven’t heard yet.

I cruise on the Getaway in three weeks and I have a pending bid for a balcony from a interior. Looking on the NCL website I can see approximately 36 balcony cabins left under categories such as family balcony, spa balcony etc. For many categories under balcony it is only showing guarantees. Would these guarantees be in edition to the 36 I counted or balcony cabins that are not showing in another category? Hope this makes sense.

I cruise on the Getaway in three weeks and I have a pending bid for a balcony from a interior. Looking on the NCL website I can see approximately 36 balcony cabins left under categories such as family balcony, spa balcony etc. For many categories under balcony it is only showing guarantees. Would these guarantees be in edition to the 36 I counted or balcony cabins that are not showing in another category? Hope this makes sense.

I would think the GTY cabins probably come from the 36 you counted, but don’t know for sure.

When doing a mock booking keep in mind the max number of cabins displayed is 15, so if you see 15 in any one category it could actually be more than that. Also, peeps booked in balconies may get upgraded to minis and Havens thereby freeing up more balconies for you to possibly win. Good Luck

You’re in a great cabin! I bid substantially more for the H4 on our upcoming cruise but we’re in a mid-ship balcony. Sailing in a little over 3 week’s but haven’t heard yet.

Thanks! Yep, we're perfectly happy with the SE and we have the one with the bump out too. Have a great cruise and good luck!

Hi all,

It is always interesting to read the discussion on "bidding".

I too often book the Haven, usually an H4 two bedroom.

My next cruise is on the Jade. I have of course received an offer to upgrade to Haven.

Currently I have an aft suite. Now here's the thing........

Haven on Jade......no separate dining, except breakfast and lunch. No Haven Lounge or Bar. No special arrangements for Haven dining in the evening.

I can't see a reason to pay the difference for the Haven on the Jade when Suites already have the advantages they do.

Am I missing something???

glad to hear from you all

deeko

Hi all,

It is always interesting to read the discussion on "bidding".

I too often book the Haven, usually an H4 two bedroom.

My next cruise is on the Jade. I have of course received an offer to upgrade to Haven.

Currently I have an aft suite. Now here's the thing........

Haven on Jade......no separate dining, except breakfast and lunch. No Haven Lounge or Bar. No special arrangements for Haven dining in the evening.

I can't see a reason to pay the difference for the Haven on the Jade when Suites already have the advantages they do.

Am I missing something???

glad to hear from you all

deeko

I do see your point but for us, on the Gem, I find tremendous value in the “private” dining for both breakfast & lunch. You also get use of the Haven pool deck. May not be worth bidding an exorbitant amount though! How is the Jade? Considering her for a cruise out of Venice next year.

Hello Andrea,

We liked the Jade and were on her before the refurb. We liked the open deck for a walk......the Epic doesn't have a walk around deck.

On the Jade Suites we have breakfast and lunch as per Haven and also Butler etc.

We are looking forward to being back on her in March then a TA back to Barcelona on Epic in Haven 2 bedroom.

You will enjoy the Jade I am sure.

The aft suite has a decent balcony and that lovely wake view. That's why I'm reluctant to spend more on a Haven upgrade on Jade.

We hope you have a great time.

Deeko

OK Newbie here to NCL and Bidding process so please bear with me. We presently have an Aft balcony and were sent an email inviting us to bid on Haven Suites so we put in bids on two different categories. When we go in and check our status on bids it says pending but if I do a mock booking one of the categories comes up as unavailable. Does this mean they are reserved for the bidding process or does it mean they have been assigned already?

OK Newbie here to NCL and Bidding process so please bear with me. We presently have an Aft balcony and were sent an email inviting us to bid on Haven Suites so we put in bids on two different categories. When we go in and check our status on bids it says pending but if I do a mock booking one of the categories comes up as unavailable. Does this mean they are reserved for the bidding process or does it mean they have been assigned already?

It means that you are bidding on an upgrade but only if the level above you upgraded as well like dominos.

We have done cruises and all-inclusive resorts for 25+ years, and we always book the minimum category room that we would personally be satisfied with. IMO, everyone should do that to make their vacation what they want and expect. If we get upgraded, great. If not, it's not the end of the world.

But that being said, we did submit a bid for an upcoming cruise on the Dawn. If we get it, great. If not, we know that we still have a cabin that meets our expectations. I do think this online bidding system is better than what NCL used to have (where they phoned you and had you "on the spot" to decide whether you wanted to upgrade or not for whatever dollar amount, no negotiation).

It is hard to know the process behind the scenes. I was told that as long as we are pending there is still a chance. NCL needs time to figure out how to make the most money on the upgrade offers so they may have the rooms reserved. The likelihood of someone booking a fresh reservation at this point is slim.

We did. We went from a H6 to a H2 in the poor range and won.

That's awesome! You must've been thrilled when you got that email.. may I ask how far in advance were you notified? After some reading I get the feeling that the bigger haven rooms get awarded last minute

That's awesome! You must've been thrilled when you got that email.. may I ask how far in advance were you notified? After some reading I get the feeling that the bigger haven rooms get awarded last minute

Yes, we were very happy. It was 2 days before our sailing. Are you already booked in the Haven?