What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Good luck! We sail in 4 1/2 days. We have bids in for an H2 and H3. We will update you if we win.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good luck!!! We sail in 3 weeks and I keep hoping to hear. My guess is I will find out 2 days prior. We bid at the very beginning of the fair range.

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

Good luck!!! We sail in 3 weeks and I keep hoping to hear. My guess is I will find out 2 days prior. We bid at the very beginning of the fair range.

What is the bidding like if you're already in the haven just trying to get up to a better category? We are booked in an H7 currently on the Escape. I could see bidding a little bit to move up to a better haven room, but not the thousands that people bid to upgrade from a non-haven room given that we have already paid such a premium.

What is the bidding like if you're already in the haven just trying to get up to a better category? We are booked in an H7 currently on the Escape. I could see bidding a little bit to move up to a better haven room, but not the thousands that people bid to upgrade from a non-haven room given that we have already paid such a premium.

You won’t have to bid a lot. We were on a H7 and bid in the poor range and got an H2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have bid on an upgrade departing next week.

According to other post notifcation is usually sent 2 days before .

We are leaving home 3 days before and will have printed luggage labels and e docs before we leave home.

If we get the upgrade we will have the wrong edocs and labels.

Do we have to find an internet cafe to print out new docs, we are staying in an apartment with no reception.?

Could this be right? I pulled this off of a post from my roll call, BA 2-2-18 sailing

So been told by our ncl rep today that because we won a bid to a haven spa suite we will not be able to use the spa or get a butler or any other haven extras.... that cannot be right can it ???

Why have the option to bid on a Haven Spa Balcony if you can't use the spa?

Has anyone heard of this? I realize you keep the "Perks" from your original booking, but no Butler or Spa use?

Could this be right? I pulled this off of a post from my roll call, BA 2-2-18 sailing

So been told by our ncl rep today that because we won a bid to a haven spa suite we will not be able to use the spa or get a butler or any other haven extras.... that cannot be right can it ???

Why have the option to bid on a Haven Spa Balcony if you can't use the spa?

Has anyone heard of this? I realize you keep the "Perks" from your original booking, but no Butler or Spa use?

Sounds like the NCL rep does not have their facts straight. While you get to keep the perk package you got when you booked your original cabin, you are not entitled to any additional perks, ie internet, shore excursion credit, that come with the Haven. The butler & spa pass are not a part of the perk package and come with the room. That rep needs some additional training!

We have bid on an upgrade departing next week.

According to other post notifcation is usually sent 2 days before .

We are leaving home 3 days before and will have printed luggage labels and e docs before we leave home.

If we get the upgrade we will have the wrong edocs and labels.

Do we have to find an internet cafe to print out new docs, we are staying in an apartment with no reception.?

I spoke with an NCL Rep about that exact situation and she indicated that when we get to the port we can ask the agent to print off new documents. Keep your luggage with you until you get the new documents!!!

I spoke with an NCL Rep about that exact situation and she indicated that when we get to the port we can ask the agent to print off new documents. Keep your luggage with you until you get the new documents!!!

That may not be practical, the porters usually take your luggage when you arrive. Trying to drag all of your luggage through the line would be a pain, but can be done. The porters have blank tags that they will write your new room number on.

Yay - got an upgrade today! The other half of our family went from deck 4 basement, basically rowing the boat - lol, to deck 5 mid ship picture window. I was hoping a little higher but it's a MUCH better location than a random mini-hallway in the basement, more people around for security, for my teens who will come and go on their own!

Yay - got an upgrade today! The other half of our family went from deck 4 basement, basically rowing the boat - lol, to deck 5 mid ship picture window. I was hoping a little higher but it's a MUCH better location than a random mini-hallway in the basement, more people around for security, for my teens who will come and go on their own!

Congrats!!! When are you sailing?

We got our bid accepted today - 32 days out from sailing date.

NCL Dawn

Paid for SJ Family Suite originally (has no balcony, but does have floor to ceiling windows)

Bid $315pp to upgrade to SD Family Suite with Balcony (minimum bid was $300pp)

We didn't care too much if we got the upgrade because we booked the minimum cabin we wanted. But having the balcony will be nice. The way we looked at it, we are still paying less of a fare than what we originally booked way back in February 2017. Our fare on the original cabin dropped $600pp across all these months, so essentially we are "saving" $570 total and getting the balcony. :cool:

We got our bid accepted today - 32 days out from sailing date.

NCL Dawn

Paid for SJ Family Suite originally (has no balcony, but does have floor to ceiling windows)

Bid $315pp to upgrade to SD Family Suite with Balcony (minimum bid was $300pp)

We didn't care too much if we got the upgrade because we booked the minimum cabin we wanted. But having the balcony will be nice. The way we looked at it, we are still paying less of a fare than what we originally booked way back in February 2017. Our fare on the original cabin dropped $600pp across all these months, so essentially we are "saving" $570 total and getting the balcony. :cool:

Now that's a "suite" deal. Congrats on your winning bid!

Jan

April 8

Was your upgrade through the bidding process? My understanding that they collect bids starting at 80 days from embarkation but do not grant any of them until as early as 35 days out. April 8th is more than double that. I know as we are booked for April 8th and it can't get here soon enough! 21 days away from it all.....can't wait! :D:D

BTW - what ship are you sailing on? We are on the Pearl.

Was your upgrade through the bidding process? My understanding that they collect bids starting at 80 days from embarkation but do not grant any of them until as early as 35 days out. April 8th is more than double that. I know as we are booked for April 8th and it can't get here soon enough! 21 days away from it all.....can't wait! :D:D

BTW - what ship are you sailing on? We are on the Pearl.

We're on the star and people on our roll call have been getting upgrades accepted in the last few days. :)

We're on the star and people on our roll call have been getting upgrades accepted in the last few days. :)

That's interesting. Does your sailing have lots of cabins still showing available? I have had 2 NCL reps say they grant bids between 35 and 2 days out but I guess NCL can do it however they see fit.

Congrats on getting an upsell and finding out about it so far out! It gives you more time to be extra happy! :D

That's interesting. Does your sailing have lots of cabins still showing available? I have had 2 NCL reps say they grant bids between 35 and 2 days out but I guess NCL can do it however they see fit.

Congrats on getting an upsell and finding out about it so far out! It gives you more time to be extra happy! :D

We had folks getting balcony upgrades last week. Around 45 days out.