What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

With great sincerity,

I appreciate that explanation and the screen shots. Very helpful.

I just checked the Plusgrade page again and loaded the desktop version... it shows our name at the bottom and instead of giving us the usual upgrade options, it now just says “Not eligible for upgrade”

Does anyone know if you get an email on the upgrade status in your NCL Messages inbox, or is it only sent via email?

As another Canadian, just wondering if your account is now showing a balance (positive or negative)? My account suddenly developed a -$0.02 balance and the upgrade option disappeared. THe ncl cruise consultant surmised it had something to do with an exchange rate issue. Anyway, as soon as he somehow managed to get rid of the balance (a credit of $0.02 later showed up on my credit card statement), the let's get you upgraded message reappeared.

I’m still 44 days out though... this bidding process is so annoying lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I'm afraid it's one of 2 things, if you don't want to play the game.... don't play! It's your choice, really it is. If you want a spesific cabin... call, offer to pay for it, otherwise, stop bidding! It's NCL's game now. If you don't treat it as a game... you have no chance of winning... sorry...:(

Well, I'm afraid it's one of 2 things, if you don't want to play the game.... don't play! It's your choice, really it is. If you want a spesific cabin... call, offer to pay for it, otherwise, stop bidding! It's NCL's game now. If you don't treat it as a game... you have no chance of winning... sorry...:(

Wow you do know I was joking when I said that right? Sheesh

I am very well aware its a game and there are no guarantees.

Also, I am a first timer and booked a cabin I no longer wanted and tried to upgrade it. They told me since they no longer offered the same promo (3&4 free, my kids 2 &10) I would lose that promotion and end up paying a whole lot more. So I figured this would be a good way to get the cabin I wanted. If I don’t get it, I won’t slit my wrist or lose any sleep. It would be nice though. I’m just as anxious and everyone else waiting for a response on this bid. So you can have a drink and relax!

Wow you do know I was joking when I said that right? Sheesh

I am very well aware its a game and there are no guarantees.

Also, I am a first timer and booked a cabin I no longer wanted and tried to upgrade it. They told me since they no longer offered the same promo (3&4 free, my kids 2 &10) I would lose that promotion and end up paying a whole lot more. So I figured this would be a good way to get the cabin I wanted. If I don’t get it, I won’t slit my wrist or lose any sleep. It would be nice though. I’m just as anxious and everyone else waiting for a response on this bid. So you can have a drink and relax!

Wow... not sure why I would know you were kidding but, if you were... goodon'ya.... have a great cruise...

Not sure if this has been mentioned in a prior post but I called our TA unsure if I had to bid through him. We wanted to upgrade our Haven forward facing to Haven aft. The "good bid" was $750 per person (for first two guests). My TA called Norwegian and upgraded for $600 total. Not sure if that is always the case but glad I called.

I didn't know that those already booked in Haven accommodations received upgrade offers.

What was the (website) price difference between your original cabin and the new one?

Tom

Not sure if this has been mentioned in a prior post but I called our TA unsure if I had to bid through him. We wanted to upgrade our Haven forward facing to Haven aft. The "good bid" was $750 per person (for first two guests). My TA called Norwegian and upgraded for $600 total. Not sure if that is always the case but glad I called.

This may be because the total cost for the new cabin was less to book directly through NCL. Sometimes it can be more favorable that way and it doesn’t make sense to bid.

Sent from my iPad using Forumsd

I didn't know that those already booked in Haven accommodations received upgrade offers.

What was the (website) price difference between your original cabin and the new one?

Tom

Yes, we got one to upgrade to a different Haven room. The upgrade offers on most were less than the website was showing. Not sure on the specific one I booked.

This may be because the total cost for the new cabin was less to book directly through NCL. Sometimes it can be more favorable that way and it doesn’t make sense to bid.

Yes, glad I called our TA. I was just about to bid and would have paid a lot more!

Sailing on the Sky 1/29-2/2 and just received an email stating our offer for a balcony upgrade from an inside guarantee stateroom was accepted. Waahhhhooooo!

Awesome!!! 10 days out...hoping I hear by then. What was your bid?

NCL Jade 01/26/18 (10 day)

Booked 2 cabins IF, assigned ID and IC (decks 9 & 10)

Bid $150 balcony (first third of "fair range")

Bid $65 Oceanview (first bid of "fair")

7 days from sailing both cabins oceanview bids accepted and assigned OF (porthole on Deck 4)

Was hoping for a balcony but at least we get the slightly bigger cabin... and no obstructed view ;)

Awesome!!! 10 days out...hoping I hear by then. What was your bid?

Our bid was considered “fair” at 130$ pp. I thought the bid was higher than what NCL rated it for it just being the SKY. My mom really loves the balcony when we cruise, so I wanted to make an offer to give us a good chance. We still ended up saving 200$ bidding as compared to buying the balcony room upfront.

Glad they got back to us with the acceptance email 10 days in advance, I was assuming they were going to wait the 72 hours before sailing.

Cheers!

Just returned from the Getaway. I was booked in a regular balcony cabin, actually a “bump out” cabin so the balcony was much lager than those on either side if us, but anyways I bid $1,000 pp for a Haven upgrade. Two days before sailing I received an email it was not accepted. Didn’t matter. Saved money in the long run. Will book the Bliss for next year and again try and get the larger bump out cabin.

I put in a bid for a higher category which was the fair bid, but still a lot of money. The longer I waited the more I second guessed myself. The one thing I love about cruising, is having everything paid off before sailing. So, when it started to get close to sail date, I canceled the bid. It wouldn't make sense for me to have the charge on my credit card 48 hours before sailing. This defeats the purpose of having it all paid in advance.

I put in a bid for a higher category which was the fair bid, but still a lot of money. The longer I waited the more I second guessed myself. The one thing I love about cruising, is having everything paid off before sailing. So, when it started to get close to sail date, I canceled the bid. It wouldn't make sense for me to have the charge on my credit card 48 hours before sailing. This defeats the purpose of having it all paid in advance.

I fell the same way, so once my bid was accepted I paid the credit card off. Not like I'm losing interest from holding onto the money...

We are 48 hours from sailing and my upgrade offer still says pending. Do they let you know one way or the other or will it just continue to say pending till we sail?There is still an option to modify the bid. I have never bid on an upgrade before.

We are 48 hours from sailing and my upgrade offer still says pending. Do they let you know one way or the other or will it just continue to say pending till we sail?There is still an option to modify the bid. I have never bid on an upgrade before.

Oops...just got the email that they were not able to accept our offer. Maybe next time! :)