What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Me too, solo cabin, sail away rate. My offers showed up Vacation Home a few days after i booked and made final payment.

Guess it’s just luck of the draw! I’ve stayed in solo cabins before, and love them, but a view would sure rock:) This will be my 5th NCL:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL Gem Jan 23 - Feb 3

Upgraded from IC Deck 10 to OA Deck 8

Bid $110. Base fare was a sail away rate.

Also bid $200 for balcony, not accepted.

Almost didn'T Bid On OV, will never know if it hurt chances on balcony. Still happy. I am traveling solo, so the bid displayed was half what I paid (bid $55)

Sorry, huge thread and I have a couple of questions.

Do I just have to hope for an invitation to bid? How does that invite come? Do people who book through TAs get invites to bid? Does someone who is booked in an inside with just 1 freebie and then upgrades through this bid system then get the additional freebies that the higher class cabin would normally get or is this strictly a room upgrade?

Sorry, huge thread and I have a couple of questions.

Do I just have to hope for an invitation to bid? How does that invite come? Do people who book through TAs get invites to bid? Does someone who is booked in an inside with just 1 freebie and then upgrades through this bid system then get the additional freebies that the higher class cabin would normally get or is this strictly a room upgrade?

Make sure you can access your rez in ncl website. Otherwise they can't contact you. I got an email and bid on the website.

I also had inside cabin. I could bid on two levels up only. Oceanside and balcony. Only a room upgrade. No extra perks. And you likely won't hear back for a while. I heard today for Jan 23.

Ship: NCL Gem

Sail Date: 02/03/2018

Original room: Interior Deck 10

Bid for: Balcony

Bid for : Ocean View

Bid amount: $120 for Balcony

$ 60 for Ocean view

RESULT: Balcony - Declined

Ocean View - Accepted I'm solo so $ 30.00 :)

Make sure you can access your rez in ncl website. Otherwise they can't contact you. I got an email and bid on the website.

I also had inside cabin. I could bid on two levels up only. Oceanside and balcony. Only a room upgrade. No extra perks. And you likely won't hear back for a while. I heard today for Jan 23.

Yes, my reservation is available on NCL. No emails from them though. Thanks for answering the other questions.

Yes, my reservation is available on NCL. No emails from them though. Thanks for answering the other questions.

You might have noticed that caribsun and I had similar choices and I am paying $50 more. You just can't predict what will work. Happy for both of us. We both got upgraded at prices we were agreeable to.

I'm copying Caribsun's format.

Ship: NCL Star

Destination: Panama Canal (2 weeks)

Sail Date: 02/16/2018

Original room: BA deck 11 (angled balcony I think)

Bid for: SG ($840), SF ($890), SE ($870), SC ($950), SB ($1050) --- All in poor range

Bid Range for SF: $300-$2500

RESULT: SF Accepted

I checked yesterday and all suites were showing sold out so I thought I probably had not won the bid. But this afternoon received the acceptance email. Now this sailing is not even listed so it must be completely sold out.

The good news is that the Aft Balcony is twice the size of the BA balcony and has a "wrap" balcony (there is a side walkway to the side of the ship) and the bad is that the cabin is above the Spinnaker Lounge (so noise will be a problem). But I stay up late so it shouldn't be too bad (keeping my fingers crossed).

I hadn't seen any aft balconies available for some time but originally they were priced around $4499pp. With the bid upgrade, I paid $2489pp.

The other suites were going down in price by $1000 (for instance the 2-bedroom family suite SC was originally $4599 and then listed for $3399).

Also copied Caribsun's format:

Sail Date: Jan. 23, 2018

Original room: Family Balcony (B2) Deck 10, 10520

Bid for: Mini-Suite

Bid amount: $130pp

RESULT: ACCEPTED!

Now in 11090 MA

Quite happy today with that, and doesn't hurt we are only a couple weeks away now!

Sail Date: 02/03/2018

Original room: Interior Deck 10

Bid for: Balcony

Bid for : Ocean View

Bid amount: $120 for Balcony

$ 60 for Ocean view

RESULT: Balcony - Declined

Ocean View - Accepted I'm solo so $ 30.00 :)

I thought bid prices were always double occupancy??? Single rates are now available?

New to this bidding process, so forgive the ignorant question...but if others on my sailing have heard on theirs and I have not yet, should I assume this means I won't be getting accepted? I'd think they do all of one at the same time, no?

New to this bidding process, so forgive the ignorant question...but if others on my sailing have heard on theirs and I have not yet, should I assume this means I won't be getting accepted? I'd think they do all of one at the same time, no?

I don't think anyone really knows. It sounds like upgrades to balconies aren't happening. I upgraded from inside to oceanview; maybe I had to wait for an oceanview cabin to upgrade to minisuite for mine to happen.

They don't make this very transparent probably to get us to bid high. My bid for oceanview was considered poor but higher than some other successful bids.

Has anyone heard of someone being upgraded from an interior to a spa balcony? My Feb 11th cruise on the Getaway still has a large number of spa balconies left.

It's my understanding that you are allowed to bid up 2 categories. I would call Norwegian and see if you are eligible to do this and if you are, go for it and good luck.

Bob

It's my understanding that you are allowed to bid up 2 categories. I would call Norwegian and see if you are eligible to do this and if you are, go for it and good luck.

Bob

You can only bid up 2 categories...I just spoke to NCL yesterday. Took our chances on a guaranteed oceanview and got one of the "anchor cabins"...not going to chance getting stuck in one of those with the bidding process so we simply upgraded to a balcony.

You can only bid up 2 categories...I just spoke to NCL yesterday. Took our chances on a guaranteed oceanview and got one of the "anchor cabins"...not going to chance getting stuck in one of those with the bidding process so we simply upgraded to a balcony.

Did you call the upgrade department or just NCL regular line? I'm curious if you paid the listed price for the upgrade or if there was a cheaper than listed price but not playing the game price?

Has anyone heard of someone being upgraded from an interior to a spa balcony? My Feb 11th cruise on the Getaway still has a large number of spa balconies left.

Yes, it does happen, however you cannot specifically bid on a spa balcony. You bid on a balcony and it’s possible they put you in a spa balcony or any other category of balcony available. 2 on our roll call for next week’s Escape sailing got Aft balconies today from an inside.

Ship: NCL Spirit

Sail Date: Jan. 24, 2018

Original room: Inside Guarantee

Bid for: Oceanview

Bid amount: $50.00 Per Person

RESULT: ACCEPTED!

Now in Mid-ship ocean view

I was quite happy with the bidding process. I bid the minimum for both ocean view and balcony and the ocean view was accepted. By utilizing the bidding process, we saved a total of around $500 compared to booking the mid-ship ocean view cabin from the beginning.

My bid was actually accepted but I received an email seconds later saying there was a problem with my credit card. I called my bank to resolve the problem, replied to their email and within hours, received confirmation that it went through.