What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

No:loudcry:..not yet, but thanks for asking. I don't want to say too much on a public board until after the cruise, but I noticed they're down to two and lowered the asking price another $200.

(Be happy to discuss on PM, since you're already in and helped me with my bids. knlgraff@msn.com )

Where can you see what cabins are available? I have a connecting mini suite and would like to see if the other 1 is available

Where can you see what cabins are available? I have a connecting mini suite and would like to see if the other 1 is available

Off topic (upgrade offer and bid thread)...

But - You can do a mock booking and put that cabin number in. Or you can call and ask.

Thanks for that most helpful post.

You are welcome.

Sadly - there are more off topic questions and repeated questions and.... well... everything but what this thread is about. Part of the reason for so many repeated questions is that people keep asking things that do not apply, or do not even answer with what the title of the thread says.

WOOOHOOOO! :D

Escape 12/30/17 NYE Cruise!

BF to lovely Haven Courtyard B5

Bid of $1180 per person accepted

AWESOME deal considering those were going for about $10,000 for this cruise! So excited to be enjoying the lovely Haven to start the New Year!

AWESOME deal considering those were going for about $10,000 for this cruise! So excited to be enjoying the lovely Haven to start the New Year!

Congratulations!

Congrats! I’m sure we didn’t bid high enough to get an upgrade but I’m glad we went for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats! I’m sure we didn’t bid high enough to get an upgrade but I’m glad we went for it.

Thanks!!! We were barely in the "good" range for our bid. REALLY wanted it. I'm a special education teacher and my traveling companion is a hospice minister...both of us are greatly looking forward to the quiet and relaxation and opportunity to "rejuvenate" a bit. I hope you get some good news too!

Thanks!!! We were barely in the "good" range for our bid. REALLY wanted it. I'm a special education teacher and my traveling companion is a hospice minister...both of us are greatly looking forward to the quiet and relaxation and opportunity to "rejuvenate" a bit. I hope you get some good news too!

Thanks. I see they’ve pulled all the haven cabins offline. [emoji22] I don’t think I’ve made the cut.

I bid $50 pp for a 9 day cruise on the Star 11/20/17 for an ocean view and got it and bid $80 pp for an ocean view on the 1/19/18 Star Panama Canal and got it. I bid $135 pp for a balcony on the 1/19/18 Star, but was unsuccessful.

We are on the Star 2/15/18 and bid $205 pp for a balcony and are waiting to hear. When I checked the NCL site the balcony's were sold out but some suites were available. I'm hoping some folks get those suites so we can have an opportunity at a balcony.

We were on the cruise that was cancelled on Nov 11th. We got our upgrade 12 days prior to the trip from an interior to oceanview for 50 per person while we had bid 150 per person for a balcony. Once that cruise was cancelled we rebooked tge dec 2nd Gem departure. We booked an oceanview since it included all 5 free options. We did not bid on a balcony, we only bid on a mini suite. The bid was 200 per person and again 12 days before embarking we received our upgrade to a Mini suite aft that was very large. Very happy we had the practice of the cancelled cruise in order to get exactly what we wanted.

We were on the cruise that was cancelled on Nov 11th. We got our upgrade 12 days prior to the trip from an interior to oceanview for 50 per person while we had bid 150 per person for a balcony. Once that cruise was cancelled we rebooked tge dec 2nd Gem departure. We booked an oceanview since it included all 5 free options. We did not bid on a balcony, we only bid on a mini suite. The bid was 200 per person and again 12 days before embarking we received our upgrade to a Mini suite aft that was very large. Very happy we had the practice of the cancelled cruise in order to get exactly what we wanted.

12 days prior -- good to know -- I've marked my calendar. but, I'm sure I'll be checking most days anyway.

the offer email was for a Balcony or Mini Suite from our OB category. I am actually ok with the ocean view room this go around as we got all 5 perks etc. But I decided to go ahead and bid, so I went with POOR bids in both categories, $30 for Balcony pp , and $50 pp for mini suite. We paid top dollar for the cruise so don't want to go too much higher, will update when I get approved, or not! :)

12 days prior -- good to know -- I've marked my calendar. but, I'm sure I'll be checking most days anyway.

No guarantee yours will be 12 days but ours was about 30 minutes apart on the same day so that is something in the scheduling or quite a coincidence. Good luck.

Escape NYE cruise 12/30/2017

Just found out I did not have my bids accepted. Bid $1200pp for 2 bedroom haven and $900 pp for the Aft Balcony. Too much for my blood to bid more. Still happy with my room of choice but also disappointed.

Got a single interior cabin for myself and didn't have to pay any supplement. 10 day cruise for < $400, and didn't know that I could negotiate so paid in full to make sure I got the cabin right at the front of Deck 4. Seems like it could be noisy/bumpy but not a lot of room to negotiate. You get what you pay for I guess.

Got a single interior cabin for myself and didn't have to pay any supplement. 10 day cruise for < $400, and didn't know that I could negotiate so paid in full to make sure I got the cabin right at the front of Deck 4. Seems like it could be noisy/bumpy but not a lot of room to negotiate. You get what you pay for I guess.

Not sure where you read there was room to negotiate. Room rates are room rates. If you want that specific room, then you pay for it.