What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Did anyone here bid on a Haven cabin for Getaway December 24th? I noticed a couple dozen H5 and H9s disappeared today. Only four remain now so I assume NCL processed the bids today. Reason I ask is because I have bids in on on the following NYE sailing and may adjust based on any data I can get. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did anyone here bid on a Haven cabin for Getaway December 24th? I noticed a couple dozen H5 and H9s disappeared today. Only four remain now so I assume NCL processed the bids today. Reason I ask is because I have bids in on on the following NYE sailing and may adjust based on any data I can get. Thanks!

I bid for 24 December inside to Balcony but heard nothing yet, anyone else heard?

ok I have a question and haven't seen this answered yet ( apologies if it has been and I missed it) so I am from the UK sailing soon and have booked a mini-suite - I got the upgrade email a while ago and fancied the haven and have noticed people saying they have won it for bids as low as $500 - $600 from the same room as I am in, bu when mine came through the lowest I could bid was £550 - obviously this is around the $700 dollar amount, so my question is are us Brits being charged more for upgrades and if so do you think this will affect the amount of upgrades our US friends get??

I am in the same situation as you and when the upgrade email came I wanted to see what was available.

The problem I have is with the minimum bids. For us, we are in a mini suite on deck 11, in most cases the minimum bids for any upgrades were well over $1000 pp (USD) and went up to as much as $4000 pp.

I am in the same situation as you and when the upgrade email came I wanted to see what was available.

The problem I have is with the minimum bids. For us, we are in a mini suite on deck 11, in most cases the minimum bids for any upgrades were well over $1000 pp (USD) and went up to as much as $4000 pp.

Wow we went from mini suite w large balcony to forward facing haven penthouse and minimum bid was 400pp...highest option was Deluxe Owner Suite with min bid of 1500pp..On Breakaway January 5th

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Hey everyone don’t know if this has been asked yet but what is the average day that people find out if they are getting upgraded or not? Is it totally just random? From reading a few pages back I see that people sailing the breakaway are getting upgrades faster and I know they can tell you up to 48 hours before but is there an average day say 20 days before the cruise or something that they start doing these upgrades. Thanks for the info! :) - sailing the gem in Feb bid in the fair range from ocean view to balcony.

Just a point of interest, the bidding range varies depending on the room you have reserved.

I have two rooms on an upcoming Getaway departure, an MA mini suite, and an H5 Haven suite. Upgrade Advantage bid ranges to an H3, for example:

MA to H3 $1500-$3000pp

H5 to H3 $750 to $2000pp

Just a point of interest, the bidding range varies depending on the room you have reserved. I have two rooms on an upcoming Getaway departure, an MA mini suite, and an H5 Haven suite. Upgrade Advantage bid ranges to an H3, for example:

MA to H3 $1500-$3000pp

H5 to H3 $750 to $2000pp

One of the more interesting data points. Thanks for sharing.

I guess the logic MIGHT be that people moving from mini to any any haven would consider that a much bigger jump in cabin type than from H5 to H3. Moving somebody from H5 to H3 opens a suite that folks would be glad to bid on. Did you also get a offer to go from MA to H3?

Hey everyone don’t know if this has been asked yet but what is the average day that people find out if they are getting upgraded or not?

I am wondering the same thing. It looks to me like bids get accepted 3-4 weeks before the cruise date. The rejections basically don't get a response and just get cancelled two days before departure.

Does that sound right?

I'm hoping to upgrade from an inside (really good price, really good location) to a balcony, but would take outside, so I have bid on balcony and not on oceanview yet. I may add a bid 4 weeks out...

One of the more interesting data points. Thanks for sharing.

I guess the logic MIGHT be that people moving from mini to any any haven would consider that a much bigger jump in cabin type than from H5 to H3. Moving somebody from H5 to H3 opens a suite that folks would be glad to bid on. Did you also get a offer to go from MA to H3?

Oops. Typos. My bad. The rooms I already have are MA and 2br H4. Ranges to bid to H3 are as I listed.

Hi, I’m from the UK so bids are in GBP.

I’m on the NYE sailing on Getaway. 31/12/17

I had a midship balcony booked, deck 10 and got notified of my upgrade on Friday Dec 15th.

I originally bidded in the high fair to good range then went back in 2 nights before and lowered all my bids which were for haven aft, penthouse, courtyard and spa. I paid £600pp for my winning bid which was in the high poor range for the Haven Spa.

I did think about buying a thermal spa pass and trying for Vibe passes on embarkation. It would have been less money but I am excited about trying Haven so it’s worth it and I’m glad I kept my bids on. If I remember right the starting bid was around the £450 mark for the Haven Spa.

The other Haven rooms started bids from around £450 to £700.

I noticed when keeping an eye on prices that the cost of the Haven suites in particular, varied quite dramatically in price depending on when you are travelling.

Looking forward to our very first NCL cruise and Haven experience.

Wow we went from mini suite w large balcony to forward facing haven penthouse and minimum bid was 400pp...highest option was Deluxe Owner Suite with min bid of 1500pp..On Breakaway January 5th

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Maybe the offered prices are dependent on the cruise too? If the cruise is fairly full, maybe the prices are higher?

...I noticed when keeping an eye on prices that the cost of the Haven suites in particular, varied quite dramatically in price depending on when you are travelling. ....

prices vary week to week, and so do the bid amounts. One week may have folks bidding high, and the next bidding low.

I’m sure it’s too early but I’ll ask just in case...Has anyone heard about upgrading (bids accepted) on the 1/27/18 Escape cruise? I bid the minimums on a couple of Haven options. Last time I did only the minimum I was notified that the bids were not accepted, but the cruise was also cancelled due to Irma.

I’m sure it’s too early but I’ll ask just in case��...Has anyone heard about upgrading (bids accepted) on the 1/27/18 Escape cruise? I bid the minimums on a couple of Haven options. Last time I did only the minimum I was notified that the bids were not accepted, but the cruise was also cancelled due to Irma.

Well I originally booked a mini-suite guarantee back in Nov and was assigned a spa mini-suite (this was quite a bargain price) - I then upgraded to a higher catergory to get the free drink/specialty dining pkg and $355 in obc. But for what it's worth here are my options and minimum bids of which I am not going to make

Haven Deluxe Owner H2 $1000 pp

Haven 2 bedroom family H4 $600 pp

Haven Penthouse H5 $500 pp

Haven aft facing penthous H6 $500 pp

Haven Spa Suite H9 $500 $500 pp

Does anyone thing the minimum bids are worth it? Thank. I thought I was getting a deal getting a mini-suite spa in my guarantee which was cheap to begin with but not so much when I upgraded to get drink/specialty dining pkg (offset by the $355 obc though) ddlb

I've seen it asked but can't find an answer in this thread. When bidding it says no "additional promotions". Does that mean if you upgrade you lose current booking promotions, like unlimited beverages? Or does it mean the upgrade just includes the better stateroom?

I've seen it asked but can't find an answer in this thread. When bidding it says no "additional promotions". Does that mean if you upgrade you lose current booking promotions, like unlimited beverages? Or does it mean the upgrade just includes the better stateroom?

It means that you don't get the additional promotions that are available on the upgraded room type. For example if you moved from a balcony to haven you would not get all the Haven promotions (UBP, UDP, Internet, Shore Excursion, and Onboard Credit, etc..)

I believe it means whatever promotions you already received, that's it. You are not entitled to any additional promotions just because your cabin category is upgraded. So simply, you just just get an upgraded cabin category.

You do get to keep whatever you paid for in your original booking, like UBP and SDP.

Here's what is says on the NCL Upgrade page FAQ...

"2. Does the upgrade include any additional promotions?

The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. However, you get to keep whichever promotions you already have."

Edited by MonaCD
Added answer from FAQ