What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Received email with successful bid upgrade today. Charge card notification came at the same time. New cabin assignment was already updated when I immediately logged in after receiving successful upgrade email. I had been checking several times a day and it was still showing Pending an hour or two before I received the upgrade notification email. Never saw a "Processing" status, but could have missed it in the mere 1-2 hour time frame I wasn't crazily checking it.

Ship: Breakaway

Destination: Southern Carribbean round trip New York

Number of days: 14 nights

Embarkation: January 5, 2018

Original Stateroom: IF Gty (1 up from sail away rates) w/beverage package, 2 passengers

Upgraded Stateroom: Balcony (BB), Deck 9

Accepted Bid: $55 per person, $110 total

We went from an inside all the way forward (literally most forward cabin), deck 5, underneath the theater, to a wonderful, almost mid-ship forward balcony. We booked 2 cabins at the same time 10 days ago, but only received offer to bid for this cabin. The other one is an inside sail away cabin (2 people), no promos. Was considering asking for opportunity to bid for upgrade on the sailaway, but the 2 in our group with this cabin are happy with the inside. Silver latitude members (1 in each, the one w/out bid opportunity has an NCL first-timer). We received opportunity to bid email 2 days after booking and we bid right away. Minimum bid was $50 for Balcony, $25 for OV. We only bid on balcony. Bid of $55 was in poor. Absolutely thrilled with the upgrade!

We are a group of 7. Inside cabins for 3 singles. Did not book at the same time. Upgraded to balcony for USD 50 x 2 = total USD 100. Bid was accepted within days. Was minimum to bid.

2 cabins on Deck 14.

1 cabins on Deck 9.

Sailing on Breakaway january 5.

2 other cabins (2 couples) in Spa balcony. Both bid on Haven. Still no reaction. Haven sold out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Edited by Rotterdam2018

With regards to haven to haven upgrades 2 H2 and 2 H3 owners suites were upgraded on 12/06 for 12/10 Getaway Cruise

H5-H2 1400PP accepted

H5-H3 750PP accepted min bid mine

Other H3 1500PP from aft PH

Not sure other H2 bid

For what it’s worth

Great info. I talked to a couple that preferred the aft H6 to the H3 OS because of wind on the balcony while underway. We’re you able to enjoy the balcony while the ship was moving?

Great info. I talked to a couple that preferred the aft H6 to the H3 OS because of wind on the balcony while underway. We’re you able to enjoy the balcony while the ship was moving?

Wind on BA/GA front H2 H3 can be an issue but if you sit down the railing blocks some of it.

The other issue with those is they have a movable wall which leaks noise between the H2 and H3 so yes, I can see where the H6 aft would be a better option on BA/GA.

Scroll back through the posts here for just a few days and you will find the answer to this and many other questions.

Do you know how many pages there are? And someone said 90 days and that didn’t happen...but someone else was gracious enough to answer—in the time it took you to be reply to go look back you could have answered.

We monitor the rates and when we see price drop ask for a upgrade or OBC, they mention best price guarantee!.

We just receive a upgrade from inside to Veranda AFT in deck 7 for the Eclipse cruise, don't know how this works with other sailing company.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Breakaway for the Feb 2, 2018 sailing.

Originally booked a GTY category IF and received an IB cabin.

Went from the Interior IB to a BD Balcony cabin for $65.00 (Canadian $) per person minimum bid.

I was in an inside cabin - sail away rate. I bid $170.00 to upgrade 2 levels to a balcony, but the bid was not accepted. Others that had bid between $140-$155 were accepted. I think they might go by what you paid plus the bid amount or status level when giving out the upgrades. The ones that did get the upgrades booked well before I did and got the package deals at a higher cost. Still had a great time! Any cruise - upgrade or not - is a wonderful opportunity.

Who on the NYE Breakaway cruise were offered an upgrade and accepted it.

we booked this cruise after final payment, so I guess it was in late October. Then we got the upgrade bid offer about a few days later. We bid and found out around Thanksgiving our bid was accepted.

Right after that, the ship showed as sold out. Not sure if it still is.

we booked this cruise after final payment, so I guess it was in late October. Then we got the upgrade bid offer about a few days later. We bid and found out around Thanksgiving our bid was accepted.

Right after that, the ship showed as sold out. Not sure if it still is.

What did you bid on?

I was in an inside cabin - sail away rate. I bid $170.00 to upgrade 2 levels to a balcony, but the bid was not accepted. Others that had bid between $140-$155 were accepted. I think they might go by what you paid plus the bid amount or status level when giving out the upgrades. The ones that did get the upgrades booked well before I did and got the package deals at a higher cost. Still had a great time! Any cruise - upgrade or not - is a wonderful opportunity.

I like your signature ;)

I understand that...... I was simply stating that the bid vs retail in this case was better for retail... the bids started for the poor range on the H9 cabin at $800 and the upgrade was $850 but I got all the retail perks.. Sorry for sharing.

The title of this thread is :

What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid