What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Got a single interior cabin for myself and didn't have to pay any supplement. 10 day cruise for < $400, and didn't know that I could negotiate so paid in full to make sure I got the cabin right at the front of Deck 4. Seems like it could be noisy/bumpy but not a lot of room to negotiate. You get what you pay for I guess.

Which room, which ship? We were in the front of the Star and loved our room.

Bob

Escape NYE cruise 12/30/2017

Just found out I did not have my bids accepted. Bid $1200pp for 2 bedroom haven and $900 pp for the Aft Balcony. Too much for my blood to bid more. Still happy with my room of choice but also disappointed.

I'm sorry you didn't get better news! :( I know it will still be an amazing cruise, but I understand the disappointment.

Paid $1550 Canadian for one-person in an inside cabin. Bid $300 Canadian total ($150x2) for upgrade to balcony. Was declined. Any tips on what to bid to win this?

Cruise is on the Excape in mid-January. I hear there’s lots of inventory.

You already got a decline for a bid for a mid-January cruise? Typically the declined bids don't go out until 48 hours prior, especially if there is plenty of inventory. They didn't even start processing bids for my 12/30 Escape cruise until 12/26. If you are using the Upgrade Advantage bidding process, my only recommendation would be to get your bid into whatever the lowest "good" range is. That strategy worked for me for my balcony to H5 Haven Courtyard bid for my cruise tomorrow.

Paid $1550 Canadian for one-person in an inside cabin. Bid $300 Canadian total ($150x2) for upgrade to balcony. Was declined. Any tips on what to bid to win this?

Tips? You have to bid more than the next person. And nobody here knows what others bid.

As said, surprised you have already been declined this far out.

Which date, the January 13th or 20th? I've bid twice for upgrades from interior. The first time I bid just for the ocean view. The second time, which is on the Panama Canal transit on 1/19/18, I bid $80 pp for the ocean view and $135 pp for the balcony. My bid was accepted both times for the ocean view upgrade. I called Norwegian and was told that since my bid for the ocean view was accepted, my bid for the balcony was declined.

I would only suggest that you raise your bid if your able. I see that for the 1/13 sailing, balconys are selling at $810 US and for the 1/20 sailing, balconys are selling at $830. The balconys are selling at roughly a 66% premium over interiors, so maybe a good starting point might be a little over 33% at $170 pp US, but what do I know, I bid too low.

Hi, I understand that NCL will notify you at least 48 hours before sailing. But, what is the earliest someone has been notified that their bid has been accepted?

We got the bid email at 80 days and found out our bid was accepted within 10 days (and it was in the low poor range).

Wow. Made ours at 80 and we're at 63 and haven't heard. I thought most were usually within 60 days. Maybe they are waiting for me to up my bid. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I think our case was a bit unusual! We started at the minimum, I saw a bunch of cabins disappear, we upped the bid by $100 and 3 days later we got the acceptance.

I think our case was a bit unusual! We started at the minimum, I saw a bunch of cabins disappear, we upped the bid by $100 and 3 days later we got the acceptance.
I bid on 3 different classes. One shows 8 cabins left, the other 2 show 3 each. None have disappeared since bidding began. It just seems so random.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Hi, I understand that NCL will notify you at least 48 hours before sailing. But, what is the earliest someone has been notified that their bid has been accepted?

Single traveller in our group

1 day. Interior cabin on the Breakaway sailing on January 5.

Bid USD 50 per person, minimum bid. Bid was accepted, So For USD 100 from interior to balcony.

Has anyone ever received an upgrade offer as a family of 5? We are at 70 days out and haven't received any emails.

If you are in the family oceanview that sleeps 5 there is no upgrade two categories up to offer you. The next higher category that can sleep 5 is the 2 bedroom haven suite assuming you are on the Breakaway or newer. If not which ship and which category are you currently booked in?

Sending POSITIVE vibes --- You're GOING to get it !! :D

Tom

Thanks, hope you know something I don't know LOL. I just upped the bid a wee bit on the H5 class. See 2 cabins disappeared off the list.