Drinking water in cabins

K2G

We will be sailing on the Getaway next month and I'm wondering if we can drink the water from the taps in the cabin or is it best to get it from the buffet?

We drink lots of water and are looking for an easy way to stay hydrated other than buying the very very crazy expensive bottled water.

Thanks

We will be sailing on the Getaway next month and I'm wondering if we can drink the water from the taps in the cabin or is it best to get it from the buffet?

We drink lots of water and are looking for an easy way to stay hydrated other than buying the very very crazy expensive bottled water.

Thanks

It all depends on your taste buds and how sensitive they are... The tap water in the bathroom of your cabin is "drinkable", but since it is not "ice cold" I find the taste not to be very nice, I don't even brush my teeth with it (but then again I have very sensitive taste buds, so most people don't have that "problem"). I find that the taste of the drinking water in restaurants on board varies from ship to ship - some times it taste just as nice as any bottled water, and some times the taste is "yeek". Actually the water gets better as soon as you add much ice from the ice bucket in your cabin, so that it is very cold. It is also possible to ask for a glass of water at any bar on board if needed, I see people do that all the time.

Thanks

Hi,icon7.gif

You can drink the water anywhere on the ship whether it comes from the tap, the buffet, or served to you from a pitcher at your table. It all comes from the same place. I've taken 22 cruises on NCL as a passenger and have never purchased a bottle of water.

Twenty years ago my husband worked on the ship as a doctor for several years and I was with him for months at a time (as a Perk) and we always drank the water from the ship. I would like to say that we are both still here but he passed away 2 years ago. But, I'm still here and healthy!

So bottom line, don't waste your money on buying bottled water, spend it somewhere else that's more fun!

happytotravel:)icon7.gif

The water everywhere on the ship is drinkable, including the tap in your room. I don't mind lukewarm water and I like to bring mio's on the ship for flavor so often refill in the sink because it's quicker than going up to the buffet. Can also put ice from the bucket in if I want it colder.

People believe that anywhere water is served (buffet, bars, dining rooms) it's gone through an extra filtration process so can always get water from the buffet if you want to be more conservative. But absolutely no reason to buy the bottled water unless it's a flavor or medical issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks

Of course

The water everywhere on the ship is drinkable, including the tap in your room. I don't mind lukewarm water and I like to bring mio's on the ship for flavor so often refill in the sink because it's quicker than going up to the buffet. Can also put ice from the bucket in if I want it colder.

People believe that anywhere water is served (buffet, bars, dining rooms) it's gone through an extra filtration process so can always get water from the buffet if you want to be more conservative. But absolutely no reason to buy the bottled water unless it's a flavor or medical issue.

It is a fact that the water from the water dispensers, as well as at the wait stations in the dining venues, as well as the bar guns and ice makers all have gone through a carbon filter before the machine. It is not for taste or quality it is simply to remove the chlorine which can cause maintenance issues inside the machinery.

If you find the taste of the water from the sink to have a chlorine taste, simply let it sit in an open container for a couple of hours, and the chlorine will dissipate naturally. Put it in the fridge and you solve the cold issue.

More water questions sorry! I've seen a lot mentioned about both ice water and ice buckets In The room.

Is this something you can request? Or is it provided anyway?

What sort of container is the ice in (so I get an idea of how long it stays ice)

And as I don't want anything from The minibar, can I ask the room steward to remove everything so I can use the fridge for my water?

I've never ever been on a cruise before, can you tell! :p

1st cruise, going on the spirit, 18th May in the Med. :D:D

More water questions sorry! I've seen a lot mentioned about both ice water and ice buckets In The room.

Is this something you can request? Or is it provided anyway?

What sort of container is the ice in (so I get an idea of how long it stays ice)

And as I don't want anything from The minibar, can I ask the room steward to remove everything so I can use the fridge for my water?

I've never ever been on a cruise before, can you tell! :p

1st cruise, going on the spirit, 18th May in the Med. :D:D

All cabins have an ice bucket that the room steward fill up at least once a day. The ice "container" is the regular type, the same that you would find in hotels. Like a small, insulated bucket with a lid on top. The ice actually stays "as ice" for hours in it, and if needed you can ask for it to be refilled by your room steward.

Regarding the minibar - yes, you can ask for it to be emptied by the room steward (it is better to ask him/her to empty it, just to make certain that everything inside is counted for so that you don't get charged with anything that might be missing).

I will be on the Spirit the cruise before your cruise, will be disembarking the same day you are embarking... :)

All cabins have an ice bucket that the room steward fill up at least once a day. The ice "container" is the regular type, the same that you would find in hotels. Like a small, insulated bucket with a lid on top. The ice actually stays "as ice" for hours in it, and if needed you can ask for it to be refilled by your room steward.

Regarding the minibar - yes, you can ask for it to be emptied by the room steward (it is better to ask him/her to empty it, just to make certain that everything inside is counted for so that you don't get charged with anything that might be missing).

I will be on the Spirit the cruise before your cruise, will be disembarking the same day you are embarking... :)

Ooo we looked at your cruise- a few more nights sounded wonderful. But timing wasn't right. I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Thank you very much for your reply, that reassures me that I'll have cold water for taking medication and for just chilling out in the room/ on the balcony. :)

I can see you are a very loyal cruiser with NCL with many cruises under your belt- I hope we love cruising as much! Can't wait to find out :)

Thanks again

Ooo we looked at your cruise- a few more nights sounded wonderful. But timing wasn't right. I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Thank you very much for your reply, that reassures me that I'll have cold water for taking medication and for just chilling out in the room/ on the balcony. :)

I can see you are a very loyal cruiser with NCL with many cruises under your belt- I hope we love cruising as much! Can't wait to find out :)

Thanks again

Cruising is kind of addictive - be warned.... :p

Thanks

We were on the Pearl July 2016 and found the tap water to be great. That being said where we live in AZ, the tap water is awful. So depending on what you are used to as far as tap water goes will result in you liking or hating the tap water on the ship.

• 2 years later...