Princess Website

memoak

I booked 4 cruises yesterday and only 3 show up in Cruise Personalizer. I can access it only by putting in the booking number. Was on the phone 1 hour with Princess and they could not fix it. This happened with my logon and my husband's too. They said there were technical problems and to ETA for the fix.

I have been unable to login and I have been unable to search for cruises. I have had this happen before with the Princess website and the issues lasted a few months. That has to be horrible for buisness. I am using an iPad. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I just logged in using my desktop pc with no problems. It might be the web based site used for logging in from pads or phones might be having trouble.

I've been having problems for a long time- I always get that message that there is a problem in the script, amd do I want to debug or whatever. Every single time I use the website l, especially if I am searching cruises. Can't get cruise search to worAndroid phone, either

Any time you see a script error with debugging prompt pop up, that means that the web site is probably using Javascript to operate some of the fancy interface elements or embedded forms on the site. It's possible that they have a bad script or one that performs poorly because it has been edited or programmed improperly. If their web developers' don't test across multiple platforms (MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and across multiple browsers) before taking the changes public, they might be missing issues which they don't discover until people call the general customer service line reporting problems.

General customer service isn't equipped to deal with web site development issues, so the best they can do is pass on the news of the issue to developers. It is a common practice when web sites misbehave to guide users to an alternate web browser. Not all web browsers will interpret and display a web page identically, therefore, if Safari (or whatever the end-users' preferred browser is) isn't playing well with a web site, the next logical action is to use the web site with an alternate browser. For example, I have three browsers on my iMac, Firefox, Safari and Chrome. I rarely use Safari or Chrome, but there are secure web sites I have to access from time to time which don't play well with Firefox, and the other two browsers will often get me past whatever hiccup is in that site which causes it to not work with Firefox. I even keep alternate browsers on my iPhone and iPad.

The Internet is still a wild west kind of place, therefore I don't get too bothered when a web site doesn't work with my favorite browser. It is also completely unrealistic to believe that all web sites are going to be operational 100% of the time. Like any computer based system, there is often a need for periodic maintenance and unexpected failures can happen, both of which make sites unavailable when people want them.

I have been unable to login and I have been unable to search for cruises. I have had this happen before with the Princess website and the issues lasted a few months. That has to be horrible for buisness. I am using an iPad. Any suggestions? Thank you.[/quote

I can't even access the login page. Not to mention almost any other page either. I too am using an iPad but I have been for years without issue until last day or two.

It's really frustrating.

I have been unable to login and I have been unable to search for cruises. I have had this happen before with the Princess website and the issues lasted a few months. That has to be horrible for buisness. I am using an iPad. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Months? :eek:

Honestly, I'm just flabbergasted that this has been going on since Tuesday.

Our cruise isn't until the end of March but I want to browse Cellars to order some spirits for our cabin and was planning to pre-pay gratuities. My inlaws just decided that they might want to join us and I can't even search for available cabins. It's beyond frustrating.

Still not working on my iPad with either Safari or Chrome. Have not been able to access website since last Tuesday 2/7/17.:(

Hopefully the more people that call Princess and report their problems the sooner there will be a solution. Don't let them tell you it is your computer.

Months? :eek:

Honestly, I'm just flabbergasted that this has been going on since Tuesday.

Our cruise isn't until the end of March but I want to browse Cellars to order some spirits for our cabin and was planning to pre-pay gratuities. My inlaws just decided that they might want to join us and I can't even search for available cabins. It's beyond frustrating.

The first time this happened I figured out after a few months that if I turned off the private browsing then the Princess website would work. I tried that this time but it's just not working. It's terrible that you can't even search for an available cabin and of course there's no one to call because they close early. This is really getting old and I hope that someone from Princess is monitoring these boards!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just spoke with a Princess agent. She contacted their IT folks and reported back there was no problem with the site. I attempted to explain there were many others with the issue but they only suggested it was a problem with my iPad. "Clear your cookies" or "reboot" was the advice I got.

I took a screen shot of the main page showing many key links missing and sent it to customer service asking for help.

It may be neccessay for many others to report the problem as well if we are to get help with this.

So I'm not going crazy!

My Macbook - no entry using safari, but using Crome, yes

Husbands Macbook - he can get me on his using safari

Work - has a PC - can get on using what evert they have installed

My iPad - works with what software it came with

Still crazy after all this time. . . .

[quote"Clear your cookies" or "reboot" was the advice I got.

Probably not a bad idea if you haven't rebooted in a while (say a week or so).

Always good to have all updates provided by your device manufacturer as well.

If accessing from your home network the same is true. I use a wifi router separate from my providers modem and it gets rebooted weekly. My providers signal is very good, however, I prefer the range of my router so I don't often reboot the modem, just the router.

Skippy

It's been nearly a week of not being able to access Princess website to update cruise info. Finally called them today and was told that it appears to be an iPad issue where you can only access the website using chrome not safari. I finally tried my antiquated Windows computer and it worked fine when I tried that. I told him I wasn't too happy about the solution offered and he suggested I contact customer relations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been nearly a week of not being able to access Princess website to update cruise info. Finally called them today and was told that it appears to be an iPad issue where you can only access the website using chrome not safari. I finally tried my antiquated Windows computer and it worked fine when I tried that. I told him I wasn't too happy about the solution offered and he suggested I contact customer relations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have rebooted my iPad more than once and cleared history and cookies multiple times with no success. Princess website is not working with Safari nor Chrome!!!

How do we contact customer relations? With no access to the website there is no contact information except the normal reservation line 1-800-princess. And those people know nothing about fixing a website problem. They only tell you to use Chrome (that doesn't work) and/or they tell you that it is your computer problem not theirs. Very frustrating!

I have an older iPad with iOS 9.3.5. No software updates available for my iPad when I check.

Hmmm. Maybe that's the reason. :(

Clearly my iPad 4 is sitting on the edge of very 'old'.

I went to the Apple Store to buy a new front cover only to find that my iPad is no longer supported for such accessories.