Sweet wine?

imnance

I'm not much of a wine drinker but a travel mate likes sweet wine. Could any wine expert out there tell me which wine would be the sweetest on NCL's wine list?

She has the UBP but would bring her own if they don't have something sweet enough to suit her.

Also, I know she'll be charged a fee for each bottle but the wine policy doesn't list a limit. Is there a limit?

Thank you!

Moscato or White Zinfandel. I'm pretty sure they have both, although the specific wineries might vary by ship. I didn't pay much attention because I don't like sweet wines, but they may also have some dessert wines (they'll be listed as such on the list) that would be even sweeter. I think she can bring as many bottles as she's willing to pay corkage fees on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi imnance,

I assume you want a white wine? According to the fleet wine list they offer 2 Rieslings which tend to be very sweet. They also have a dessert wine which I have never tried. I live in California and do a lot of wine tasting. The California Riesling should be good if they have not changed the wine list.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_07092015.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks folks!

I already asked her about white zin. Not sweet enough for her. I'll have her look at the lists. Maybe the dessert wines will suit her.

If that wine isn't sweet enough then she'll want a dessert wine, Vidal, Inniskillin Icewine from my area of Niagara, Ontario. On a scale of 0 - very dry to 3 - very sweet, it's a 3.

HTH

Cheers,

Since you have the drink package, the moscato on board is good and sweet. Drink away. Try the Riesling, I believe they have two kinds on board. A little less sweet but still quite sweet. The ice wine is the best!!! You can't drink a lot because it's so thick and sweet, well I guess you could drink a lot but ....

We used to bring cheap sweet wine with us but after the corkage fee and inconvenience for us, we just pay the on board price of $30 or $32 for a bottle of the moscato.

My wife will only drink sweet white wines. Reislings and white zinfandels don't cut it for her, not sweet enough. She did enjoy the Moscato available by the glass on our recent Jade cruise. It was an Austrailian winery. I don't remember which one, but any Moscato we've tried (several) since getting home has been OK for her. They aren't carbonated though, so if that is essential then you'd be better off bringing something onboard.

Yes, you will be able to find Asti Spumonti in WalMart and most grocery stores in the States. NCL will charge $15 corkage per bottle (no limit). The wine cost in port + $15 will still be less than the cost of a bottle onboard.

Thanks folks!

I already asked her about white zin. Not sweet enough for her. I'll have her look at the lists. Maybe the dessert wines will suit her.

They have icewine and it's delicious and very pricey. About $80 for 375 ml if I'm not mistaken.

Moscato or White Zinfandel. I'm pretty sure they have both, although the specific wineries might vary by ship. I didn't pay much attention because I don't like sweet wines, but they may also have some dessert wines (they'll be listed as such on the list) that would be even sweeter. I think she can bring as many bottles as she's willing to pay corkage fees on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like a sweet wine and agree with your suggestions as well as a Reisling -which someone else said. I favor the Moscato. Its a little more money than the others but well worth it.

Being a former "very sweet wine only" wine drinker, I think the Moscato would be good for her. A few years ago on a cruise is where I first tried a Moscato because I wanted something sweet. I agree with your mom - white zin is not sweet enough for her. I have now added semi-dry and dry white wines to my liking.